Politics Forum.org | PoFo - Magazine

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Bad news for our enemies': EU launches defense pact

• by Atlantis
  • 2 replies

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union nations, now unfettered by Britain’s decision to quit, achieved a 70-year-old ambition on Thursday to integrate their defenses, launching a pact between 25 EU governments to fund, develop and deploy armed forces together.First blocked by the French parliament in the 1950s and later ...

Keep reading

Declassified documents show security assurances against NATO expansion to Soviet leaders

• by Atlantis
  • 0 replies

Washington D.C., December 12, 2017 – U.S. Secretary of State James Baker’s famous “not one inch eastward” assurance about NATO expansion in his meeting with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev on February 9, 1990, was part of a cascade of assurances about Soviet security given by Western leaders to Gorbachev and other Soviet officials t ...

Keep reading

Oxford Union: The U.N. is a Failing Institute

This one was pretty amusing, with lots of witty commentary and UN stereotypes, such as the Palestinian ambassador (Arab caricature) and the Master of Yawn himself Danish Lykkesoft. At some point I found myself listening to music in another tab until I realized that this guy was still talking.

Keep reading

EU agrees biggest free trade deal with Japan

noemon
  • 2 replies

The European Union and Japan have agreed terms for a free trade deal set to create the world's biggest open economic area.The deal - the largest struck by the EU - is expected to liberalise almost all trade between the bloc and the world's third-largest economy.It is being seen as a challenge to the protectionism championed by US President ...

Keep reading

Oxford Union: Climate Change Debate

The motion is that individual apathy is the greatest threat to our climate. What's interesting here is that both sides are not discussing whether or not climate change exists, but rather what the best course of action is in redressing this issue. It's an example of 'framing the debate' in order to influence public opinion. Climate change of c ...

Keep reading

Nigel Farage refuses to give up EU pension: 'Why should my family suffer?'

noemon
  • 17 replies

Former Ukip leader also claims he has 'done more than anybody in this country to stop the rise of the far-right' Nigel Farage has refused to give up his EU pension after Brexit, asking: "Why should my family and others suffer even more?"The former Ukip leader was asked on BBC One's Andrew Marr Show whether he would stick to his princ ...

Keep reading

The Film Experience: MIT course on movies

MIT course website[/url]"]This course concentrates on close analysis and criticism of a wide range of films, from the early silent period, classic Hollywood genres including musicals, thrillers and westerns, and European and Japanese art cinema. It explores the work of Griffith, Chaplin, Keaton, Capra, Hawks, Hitchcock, Altma ...

Keep reading

Beware the modern-day heretic hunters

Spectator[/url]"]Beware the modern-day heretic hunters[img]https://spectatorblogs.imgix.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2017/11/li.jpg?auto=compress,enhance,format&crop=faces,entropy,edges&fit=crop&w= ...

Keep reading

Brussels fighting America on Britain's behalf in Bombardier trade dispute

noemon
  • 5 replies

Why is Brussels fighting Trump's America on Britain's behalf in Bombardier trade dispute – even though it's leaving the EU?Is this intervention actually likely to help? And what are the Brexit implications?trump-may.jpg The European Commission has backed the UK in ...

Keep reading

Scotland, the first country to set a minimum price for alcohol..

Scotland is set to become the first country in the world to set a minimum price for alcohol as a way of improving public health after the Scotch Whisky Association lost an appeal against the plan at the UK’s highest court.The SWA, with other sections of the drinks industry, argued the move to impose a 50p minimum price per unit for alcohol wo ...

Keep reading

The Restoration of The British Monarchy. Is It Possible?

I. IntroductionI am of the school of Oswald Spengler, Carle Zimmerman, and J.D. Unwin when it comes to a conservative or right-wing “dialectic of history,” and in such a dialectic there is a belief that in the last stage of the west there will be popular backlash of native populations to legislative ineptitude and ine ...

Keep reading

Texas Shooting today

skinster
  • 143 replies

Apparently 27 people are reported dead. Shooting took place during a Sunday Service.

Keep reading

Paradise Papers: Tax haven secrets of super-rich including the Queen exposed

noemon
  • 49 replies

Millions of pounds of the Queen's private money is invested in offshore funds in Caribbean tax havens, a huge leak of financial documents referred to as the "Paradise Papers" has revealed.The papers show that the Duchy of Lancaster, which manages investments for the Queen's £520m private ...

Keep reading

Police Body Cam Video, fatally shooting unarmed 'mentally ill' man.

Nomadic99
  • 5 replies

People keep sending me stuff like this:Santa Clara California, police shoot and kill unarmed 24yo suicidal man suffering from 'mental illness."Warning, this body cam video is disturbing:

Keep reading

Monsanto Faces Blowback Over Cancer Cover-Up

Der Spiegel[/url]"]Monsanto Faces Blowback Over Cancer Cover-UpA release of internal emails has revealed that U.S. agrochemical giant Monsanto manipulated studies of the company's herbicide, Roundup. Experts believe the product causes cancer - and the ...

Keep reading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNLqr0-txj4

Interesting timing I thought with the whole net ne[…]

Not from the Venusian atmosphere. Terraforming sc[…]

Hang on there. Take a step back. What is the corr[…]