Politics Forum.org | PoFo - Magazine

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Why are we so scared to admit many people regret changing their gender?'

noemon
  • 1 reply

This week – as has been the case on some 50 previous occasions since he first made headlines for attempting to conduct research into people who had regretted changing their gender – James Caspian received a poignant email.Confidentiality is paramount to ...

Keep reading

Why is there no government in Northern Ireland?

noemon
  • 1 reply

Why is there no government in Northern Ireland and how did power-sharing collapse?The region has reached the world record for the longest period without a government Northern Ireland has now been without a government for two years.The devolved executive and assembly which have powers over the region collapsed in J ...

Keep reading

Russia may absorb Belarus: "We’re ready to unite," president says

The president of Belarus has said the country is ready to unite with long-time ally Russia, raising the prospect of Moscow absorbing the eastern European dictatorship on the borders of Poland and Lithuania.

Keep reading

Elliott Abrams Melts Down As Muslim Congresswoman Questions Role In Crimes Against Humanity

noemon
  • 9 replies

Elliott Abrams, the special envoy to Venezuela for President Donald Trump’s administration, had a meltdown when Representative Ilhan Omar highlighted his criminal conduct in the Iran-Contra scandal.The meltdown occurred during a House Foreign Affairs Com ...

Keep reading

Amazon's retreat from New York represents a turning point

noemon
  • 22 replies

Amazon was ready to impose its will on the largest city in America. The trillion dollar corporation had lined up the support of the mayor of New York City, the governor of New York, and began hiring the fleet of well-compensated lobbyists and strategists necessary to see its vision through.[img]https://i.imgur.com ...

Keep reading

Why Trump will win in 2020

It is mid-February 2019. Trump has not officially kicked off his campaign for re-election. Yet, his SOTU address was a smash and a follow-up rally in Texas drew 35k people. Politicians who draw large crowds generally have serious potential to win. I would generally consider it somewhat rash to make this prediction now, but I think for the sake ...

Keep reading

Europe’s new Reformation

Ter
  • 0 replies

Europe’s new ReformationFive hundred years ago a political and religious crisis tore Europe apart. Now the continent is entering another age of schism.By Brendan SimmsIt is no secret that the European Union is in severe crisis. Besides the challenge of Brexit, the established ord ...

Keep reading

The most world changing inventions and discoveries

Crantag
  • 7 replies

There have been a good number of inventions, as well as discoveries, which have completely revolutionized society, often on a global scale.With this thread, I'm looking for input on this in the way of examples and discussion, but will start with some observations of my own.There are the so-called Four Great Inventions of Ancient China.The ...

Keep reading

Corbyn "unfit for office" because he took out a personal loan to help the poor in London.

noemon
  • 63 replies

In a new book, Dangerous Hero, outlining the myriad ways in which Jeremy is unfit for office – cleverly flagged up by The Mail on Sunday’s screamer “UNFIT FOR OFFICE” – the charge list is so long that I can’t decide where to start.So here, randomly selec ...

Keep reading

Finland ends trial Universal Basic Income experiment

Rancid
  • 30 replies

HELSINKI, Finland — A basic income made recipients happier than they were on unemployment benefits, a two-year government experiment in Finland has found. But it did not, as proponents had hoped, make them more likely to work.Finland — the world’s happiest country last year, according to the United Nations — is exploring alternatives to its ...

Keep reading

Jeff Bezos 'blackmail' claim puts focus on National Enquirer links to Trump

noemon
  • 12 replies

The Guardian[/url]"]Jeff Bezos 'blackmail' claim puts focus on National Enquirer links to TrumpThe Amazon CEO has accused the tabloid of threatening to publish nude images of him to stop him investigating acquisition of intimate text messagesA sprawling international scandal involving Jeff Bezos – the owner of Amazon and w ...

Keep reading

Macron slides into authoritarian territory with new “anti-thug” law

noemon
  • 7 replies

New Statesman[/url]"]Macron slides into authoritarian territory with new “anti-thug” law“What they are doing to the right to protest today, they will do to the freedom of the press tomorrow.” France’s National Assembly on Tuesday passed a law that restrains the right to protest, with 387 votes against 92. Dubbed the “loi a ...

Keep reading

Jeremy Corbyn's Letter on EU Deal

noemon
  • 0 replies

Dear Prime Minister,Thank you for taking the time to meet last week to discuss the Brexit negotiation and our alternative approaches to finding a deal that can command support in Parliament and be negotiated with the EU.There is, as was demonstrated last week, a clear majority in Parliament that no deal must now be taken off the table and t ...

Keep reading

Shame these MPs felt they had to leave Labour actu[…]

Thank you for the informative post. However, I […]

I see that seven Labour MP's have 'split' from t[…]

End of maduro - hopefully.

Reality check to most people here. Venezuelan Oil […]