Is hatred ever Justified? - Politics | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'm genuinely interested to know how to answer this question. I think a strong case can be made in favor of hatred being justified, if you're a Christian that is (and a lot of people are Christian). The God of the bible, again and again, expresses hatred for sinners, blasphemers, gays, and many other groups of people, many times. So if God expresses hatred, then I think it's pretty clear that it's an acceptable and justifiable emotion.

But I wanted to talk more about my personal experiences, which come from a completely secular background. I have encountered many people in my life who seem to equate hate with fear or jealously. This is something I honesty cannot understand. I have NEVER felt fearful or jealous of things that I hate. Hate is not fear or jealously. Hate is hate. And, it seems to me that hate can be a very empowering emotion that makes me feel really fucking good. There's something about love and pacifism that seems so sad and depressing to me, whereas hate is rooted in raw, primitive power. I love feeling like a wild, savage animal. It makes me feel alive and it makes me feel righteous as hell, knowing that I am right and other people are wrong, and that it's my duty to CRUSH them with the power of my HATE.

But, I also know that too much of anything is not good. I prefer not to feel this way most of the time, but I think there are some situations in which hate is the best possible option. For example, when you have to stand up and fight the good fight, do you think you'll get there by acting soft and loving, or by getting fucking fired up and taking action? Think about it...people who constantly advocate for peace don't actually do anything at all. They just walk around and preach about peace and love. I'm sorry, but that type of stuff doesn't inspire me. What inspires me is the idea of going into battle! And it doesn't necessarily mean a physical battle with guns or bombs, I mean just going into the battle of LIFE. It's a struggle. It just feels to me that when things feel down and you need to make changes then you need to take some serious action, and that this is driven by a firey emotion which is nothing like love. I feel like it comes from the aggression that males, on a hormonal level, that you have to have inside you to understand (women can never understand this because they don't have any testosterone).

Is there anyone who can understand where I'm coming from or I am not making any sense?
Only in relation to injustice. Including injustice requiring "going to war".

Jesus getting angry at the money changers because they were doing business in the temple.
Last edited by colliric on 02 Mar 2018 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta keep your hate pure
Fellow workers and citizens, how pure is your hatred? It’s easy to hate on openly authoritarian, loathsome, right-wing political personalities and institutions like Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Donald Trump, the Koch brothers, Paul Ryan, the Republican Party, the Heritage Foundation, the American Enterprise Institute, Breitbart News, and FOX News. There’s no serious mystery over what those malicious people and entities are about: the ever upward distribution of wealth and power.

The bigger tests are supposedly liberal and progressive personalities and institutions like Barack Obama, the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Party, George Soros, the Brookings Institution, the Center for American Progress, the “Public” Broadcasting System (“P”BS), the Washington Post, MSNBC, and the New York Times.

These people and organizations are no less committed than the nation’s more transparently right-wing counterparts to the nation’s unelected deep state dictatorships of money, empire, and white-supremacy, but their allegiance and service to the nation’s reigning oppression structures and ideologies is cloaked by outwardly multicultural, liberal, and even progressive concern for the poor and nonwhite.

Saudi Arabia is already Islamist theocracy. No[…]

Can I have a European passport dated post brexit p[…]

Putin winning with a landslide

John, what does Putin stand for? You tell me. I w[…]

Buy Legit Passports, IDs,DLs,Permits, WhatsApp (+1[…]