Americanised media are sexualising our youth - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By glinert
I personally do not allow my son to watch American media too much, I don't like it. Americans television obsessed and it makes them stupid. I don't want my son to be stupid failure. Instead of American media, he reads books, he plays soccer, sports, I sorry but American media has too basic flaws.

First of all, it too innapropriate, violent, sexual.

Secondly, it mind numblingly stupid.
By enLight
Vivisekt wrote:A cult, enlight.

That is not true. You have obviously not taken the time to read some of their articles. Your description of the site is skewed.
By Vivisekt
e n L i g h t wrote:That is not true. You have obviously not taken the time to read some of their articles. Your description of the site is skewed.

Actually, i read them all some time ago. As a rule, i do not automatically condemn all material associated with such backward beliefs as racism, which should be obvious given my past arguments on totalitarianism. That website, however, is composed almost entirely of such rubbish. I say almost because the infinitesimally small amount of what isn't outright stupid, isn't even original thought in the first place.
By Boondock Saint
First of all, it too innapropriate, violent, sexual.

Dont the Russians have a news program with a topless anchor woman who strips?

Feckin hell ... pot calling the kettle black ...
By Comrade Ogilvy
e n L i g h t wrote:
Maxim Litvinov wrote:Why a descent into decadence? Why not an ascent into enlightenment?

Well as an article at Dynasophy.org put it, history is not linear. One must view the history of civilization instead in a revolving manner. Like a living organism, civilizations are born, they grow and reach their peak, then descend into either decadence, stagnation, or both.

When viewing our Western civilization (namely Europe and America) from it's beginning - after the Roman Empire, during the middle ages - up until modern day, I've come to agree with Dynasophy.org's conclusion that the West is on it's way down. Sure we are fine materially and technologically, but the culture rot (as I like to call it) has already set in.

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but it would seem that the cycle is inevitable.
I don't think the civilization cycle is valid anymore, given that past civilizations didn't experience economic growth. As such, wealth merely was transferred, rather than being made, as it is today. Debt, by the way, was a large component in making the great powers of the modern world--the Netherlands, Great Britain, and the United States. Without debt, none of those nations would've achieved such power. Capitalism has brokent the traditional civilization cycle, with its capacity for creative destruction and endless dynamism.
By Bill Cosby
glinert wrote:First of all, it too innapropriate, violent, sexual.

Well, but isn't Russia the second most violent country in the world, directly after Columbia ?
By enLight
Daovonnaex wrote:I don't think the civilization cycle is valid anymore, given that past civilizations didn't experience economic growth.

That is incorrect. In order to become a civilization, there must be economic growth.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]

Well, you should be aware that there are other arg[…]