Factory Farming - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By clownboy
MrCackle wrote:Well, if not from a moral standpoint then at least look at it from a health-related one. These chickens spend their entire lives in cages and get next to NO exercise for the entire time that they are alive. Thus, because they do not have developed muscle tissue then, by eating the chicken, you do not get proper amounts of protein and instead consume more and more fat.

Doesn't work that way with chicken - the meat isn't "marbled" like beef. The adipose is easier to separate. At worst you'd get smaller musculature, but still delicious and nutricious musculature. :D

I will say however - when going through survival training the DI killed and guuted a rabiit for us. Showed us what to look for to guage the animal's health and fitness for consumption. The state of the liver usually gives you a good indication.

I've seen many a chicken liver at the store that would have put the animal in the "do not eat unless you're starving" category.
By Boondock Saint
the DI killed and guuted a rabiit for us.

There are few things in life more gratifying(sp?) then gutting another living creature which you yourself took the life force out of. Its most exhilirating(sp?).

That said ... I rarely purchase US beef, poultry or swine.

I generally stick with buffalo, Australian free range beef and fish.
By 1skull2hands
MrCackle wrote:Well, if not from a moral standpoint then at least look at it from a health-related one. These chickens spend their entire lives in cages and get next to NO exercise for the entire time that they are alive. Thus, because they do not have developed muscle tissue then, by eating the chicken, you do not get proper amounts of protein and instead consume more and more fat.

exactly, you are what you eat!
I don't want to eat massed produced, bleached, deformed, chicken man!
thats sheit! :knife:

to even question the right of the chicken is idiotic! :knife:

we as human beings have to make correct and intelligent decisions about how we live our lives, how we raise our livestock and what we are eating! no matter how it is fried, or how it died! :knife:
By clownboy
Boondock Saint wrote:There are few things in life more gratifying(sp?) then gutting another living creature which you yourself took the life force out of. Its most exhilirating(sp?).

That said ... I rarely purchase US beef, poultry or swine.

I generally stick with buffalo, Australian free range beef and fish.

I don't care where you get your meat from Boon, but does someone kill it first or is that left up to you? Perhaps you like it as Gollum does - "raw and wriggling my precious". :lol:

Have you EVER lived on a farm? Ever raised/grown your own food from start to finish?

Your mis-characterizing of the event I described reminds me of today's whimpering city teens who, when asked where hamburger comes from, answer, "the grocery store".
By Anarchocommunist
i just want to diverge a bit on the bestiality line of thinking. basically your saying that bestiality is not because it's gross, unconsented or anything like that but because it goes against the masic human function of reproduction? let me ask you this, say you hypothetically lived in a society that judged sexual potency by how long you could fuck a cow. hence the longer yor can do the cow the more desireable of a male you are. in this instance since you are technically commiting the act of bestiality for reproductive purposes does this mean it is morally right? and please don't argue on why you would need to screw a cow in the first place, it's hypothetical.

second on the issue of superiority. how are we so sure that we are superior? how can we be sure that consciousness and society are not our downfall as our species? have we not totally destroyed the balance of nature? are we not totally destroying the planet we've inhereted? i surely think a superior being would not shit in his own home over and over again. meanwhile these "lesser" animals for the most part keep the balance of nature, and "respect" the land. in short, your own perception deceives you.

Zionism was never a religious movement basing i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]