Same Sex Marriages - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Hey, hey... "fag" is not a nice word.

I know, but I thought it was funny, It wouldn't bother me if some fag called me a filthy breeder or made some joke about straight people, it's just a word. ...So there :p
Believe me , Ive been called much worse by much worse people.
By Havren
It isn't possible to be gay.. It is a the dream of being noticed, and to be in the focus.. People arent born gay, it is just something people deside to do, to make people notice them. Allowing same-sex marriage is wrong, it makes people believe that it is normal.
By Adrien
it is just something people deside to do, to make people notice them.

That is quite silly. We still don't know if sexual orientation is coded in our DNA, but it is not what you say it is: according to how gay people are looked on in many places, do you really think people would "choose" to be gay to be noticed? No no, when they want to be seen, people usually dress in gothic or things like that, because it's easy to change when it's not trendy anymore.

Allowing same-sex marriage is wrong, it makes people believe that it is normal.

So it is not normal? And thus must be banned or something like that? Anyway, ban marriages for everybody, it's a reactionnary institution.
By smashthestate
Saying the people are born being gay is really ignorant. Speaking from a purely scientific point-of-view, the two things any animal wants and needs to do the most are eat and mate. It's obvious that being gay is falling quite short of the latter.

What other animal species on Earth has animals who are born "gay"?

I see my two male dogs humping eachother all the time, but they aren't quite doing the same thing a gay person does. They do this to establish dominence of one another.

I think being gay, like any other attitude beyone instincs, is simply a product of your environment. No one is born gay.
By Freedom
Let's face it... there is no argument against same-sex marriages except for religious zealots, who have no place in a modern society. The right-wing are hypocrites.

I wont bother commenting on this, because it will involve an insult towards Zenny...

However this is simple for me. Gays can have their Civil Unions. One thing they wont have is the right to have a marriage in a Catholic Church and it is that simple.
By smashthestate
Zenny, your statement is totally against what our modern society stands for...acceptance. To say that religion has no place in modern society--that sounds like something one of the ancient atheist dictators would say.
By Havren
It is the faithless people like yourself, who doesnt manage to believe who is to blame. The socalled "freedom to choose what you want to be" is something people like yourself is responsible for..

"Our heavenly fathers kingdom is near"

Freedom wrote:
Let's face it... there is no argument against same-sex marriages except for religious zealots, who have no place in a modern society. The right-wing are hypocrites.

I wont bother commenting on this, because it will involve an insult towards Zenny...

However this is simple for me. Gays can have their Civil Unions. One thing they wont have is the right to have a marriage in a Catholic Church and it is that simple.
By Freedom
I dont understand are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
By Adrien
[your sig image is too big comrade!]

Speaking from a purely scientific point-of-view, the two things any animal wants and needs to do the most are eat and mate. It's obvious that being gay is falling quite short of the latter.

Yes, that reminds me of a little reflexion i made to myself once. Back in the prehistoric days, when there was no sexo-social separation [men/woman = normal - men/men = not normal] we can suppose that men were having sex with other men like with women, because they could i would say.

In the end, if we go deep enough to find our true instincts -those not subjected to social considerations- we must be quite all bisexual.
By Havren
I agree on your comment, people should be allowed to do what they want behind closed doors, but same-sex marriage should not be allowed.

Freedom wrote:I dont understand are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?
By Adrien
Well the problem here is that marriage gives juridical, financial, legal advantages. And thus denying gay people to marry is denying them these advantages.

If marriage was just a piece of paper or something special to churches only i would say fine: they can refuse same sex marriages, after all they do what they want behind their doors. But the fact is that church is linked in that aspect of marriage with the State. And that is not right.

So, people say that the State can create parallel civic unions for gays, but it's not getting rid of the problem, it's bypassing it. Plus these unions are always seen as the marriage's little brother, the little back door for "different" people to the same advantages as the "normal".

Soooo, let's go further and abolish the recognition of "marriage" with all its religious aspects by the State as far as advantages are concerned and institute a secular institution for everybody.

The State will recognize that person X and person Y are united under the laws of Church Z, but it will only be useful for its statistics. If they want the advantages, they will have to suscribe to a complementary form of the secular union.
By Volkov
Nothing is wrong with same-sex marriages. There are too many homophobes in the government today. Non-straight people should not be deprived of the right to marry.

Literally the headline of the source. Yes, in pre[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]

Here in Arizona as we slowly approach the next el[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]