Why bother caring about other people? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Listen. People arent worth it. PEOPLE are the fragments of dust you se cloying the sides of the walls of humanity. Why take them off? Let them stay there! why take them off and give them undeserved pats on the head and puts into your pocket for further undeserved lavishmnet f love on them?

The only person who matters in this world is YOU. Love yourself. Morals, values, those trash are relative. Unless yuo get smoething out of it, dont ever help anybody else.
ThesisWriter wrote:Listen. People arent worth it. PEOPLE are the fragments of dust you se cloying the sides of the walls of humanity. Why take them off? Let them stay there! why take them off and give them undeserved pats on the head and puts into your pocket for further undeserved lavishmnet f love on them?

The only person who matters in this world is YOU. Love yourself. Morals, values, those trash are relative. Unless yuo get smoething out of it, dont ever help anybody else.

Its people like this that makes me believe the christianity (some other religions) are beneficial for humanity. Religion teaches us to love and care for each other (some choose to ignore this importent rule and do hurt instead). If the only person who matters in this world is YOU then why should your mother take care of you when you were young, why should doctors care if your sick or why the police should care if you get raped.

We have the ability to care for each other and it enables us to protect the weak and makes us stronger as a species. Just you wait, when your young and healthy you might think The only person who matters in this world is you, but then you get old and sick your going to want a family to be with a society that respects you and not spit on you because your old and even kill you become you passed the age where you can work and now your a burden on society (60)
Altruism is proven to benefit your own survival; this is observed in other animals as well. Other than that, each and every person can form his own moral standards. If you strive to be a good person, then helping others is inevitable.
Ahovking wrote:Its people like this that makes me believe the christianity (some other religions) are beneficial for humanity. Religion teaches us to love and care for each other (some choose to ignore this importent rule and do hurt instead).

Religion isn't necessary to have moral standards.

Ahovking wrote:why should your mother take care of you when you were young, why should doctors care if your sick or why the police should care if you get raped.

The mother has a pre-programmed natural response to care for her offspring. As for the doctors and the cops, I don't think that their concern is always there.

Other than that I agree with your point.
The OP is why liberals (in the American sense) suck.

They rip down the structures that give meaning to life. Then they go through that annoying "exploring eastern religions phase, only to find out it's BS as well. Then they post stuff like this all depressed claiming everything is relative and life has no meaning. The only thing left is a empty shell that echos the corporate mentality "ME ME ME" all the while claiming it's about 'you you you'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opini ... .html?_r=0

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so.

“When I started doing research on charity,” Mr. Brooks wrote, “I expected to find that political liberals — who, I believed, genuinely cared more about others than conservatives did — would turn out to be the most privately charitable people. So when my early findings led me to the opposite conclusion, I assumed I had made some sort of technical error. I re-ran analyses. I got new data. Nothing worked. In the end, I had no option but to change my views.”

Something similar is true internationally. European countries seem to show more compassion than America in providing safety nets for the poor, and they give far more humanitarian foreign aid per capita than the United States does. But as individuals, Europeans are far less charitable than Americans.

Americans give sums to charity equivalent to 1.67 percent of G.N.P., according to a terrific new book, “Philanthrocapitalism,” by Matthew Bishop and Michael Green. The British are second, with 0.73 percent, while the stingiest people on the list are the French, at 0.14 percent.

According to Google’s figures, if donations to all religious organizations are excluded, liberals give slightly more to charity than conservatives do. But Mr. Brooks says that if measuring by the percentage of income given, conservatives are more generous than liberals even to secular causes.

In any case, if conservative donations often end up building extravagant churches, liberal donations frequently sustain art museums, symphonies, schools and universities that cater to the well-off. (It’s great to support the arts and education, but they’re not the same as charity for the needy. And some research suggests that donations to education actually increase inequality because they go mostly to elite institutions attended by the wealthy.)

Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent.
Soulflytribe wrote:Well, he is not replying anymore.

I laughed alot (if his dead then im going to feel real bad).

Rilzik wrote:The OP is why liberals (in the American sense) suck.

They rip down the structures that give meaning to life. Then they go through that annoying "exploring eastern religions phase, only to find out it's BS as well. Then they post stuff like this all depressed claiming everything is relative and life has no meaning. The only thing left is a empty shell that echos the corporate mentality "ME ME ME" all the while claiming it's about 'you you you'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opini ... .html?_r=0

I couldn't agree more.
Ranting Rik wrote:The OP is why liberals (in the American sense) suck.

This has nothing to do with liberals, but with one guy who got really fucked over by a woman, or something, and is now really really bitter.

Not everything is about your fucking stupid ideology, Rik!
Godstud wrote: This has nothing to do with liberals, but with one guy who got really fucked over by a woman, or something, and is now really really bitter.

Not everything is about your fucking stupid ideology, Rik!

I'm not rik...

I'm not really referring to liberal/conservative in a ideological sense, but more in a personality/Jonathan Haidt sense.
The OP is why liberals (in the American sense) suck.

What the hell are you talking about? What does liberalism have to do with this?
True Politics wrote:What the hell are you talking about? What does liberalism have to do with this?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Caveat: I am quite prepared to destroy my enemy by means not approved by Amnesty International. But to the OP, why bother to care for others?

I empathize with my fellow man. This is my initial gut reaction when I see distress or injustice. I don't need any damn highfalutin morals, gospels, laws, or words of wisdom to know what is right and wrong. I learned it at my mother's knee.
Fasces wrote:If life is meaningless, why not look down the barrel of the revolver and pull the trigger? What's stopping you?

Soulflytribe wrote:Well, he is not replying anymore.

Since @wat0n is not supporting (or even clarifyi[…]

So what was the tweet about? It's the local SJP an[…]

I also suspect it is likely she contracted the fun[…]

That is what the current elite are doing in the U[…]