Why are 70% of Pedophiles, Gay? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
according to statistics are 70% of pedophiles, gay?

In Greece and Rome Homesexuality was defined primary as Love between old Men and small boys, or we see this in Afghanistan in the Northern Alliance commanders, making sexparties with young boys.

in US the biggest Pedophile association is NAMBLA, ...Mens and Boys Love..
It's not 70%, it's one third--at least in the USA.

Which still means that in proportionate terms they outnumber heterosexual pedophiles sixteen to one.

If we're going to try be even-handed, it could be that homosexuals are more given to libertinism and most of the victims (partners?) aren't children per se but teenagers.

If we're going to be harsh it suggests substantial, disproportionate issues with homosexuals. I'm inclined toward that view myself given a sordid history that goes back to at least Tiberius.
They're not. Your claim is so much bullshit. You don't even have a source. :knife:

Homosexuality and Pedophila: The False Link
In reality, abuse of boys by gay pedophiles is rare, and the abuse of girls by lesbians is rarer still. Nicholas Groth is a noted authority on this topic. In a 1982 study Groth writes:

Are homosexual adults in general sexually attracted to children, and are pre-adolescent children at greater risk of molestation from homosexual adults than from heterosexual adults? There is no reason to believe so. The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation.
There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-kort- ... 32622.html

Bosnjak and Dave's posts are personal opinion, and nothing more... ignorant opinions, at that.
So it's simply a belief that is not backed up by any evidence, whatsoever. Thought so.
"The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so."
http://psc.dss.ucdavis.edu/faculty_site ... ation.html
This thread is not interesting. I mean, seriously, it is not. The provocoative title, the made up statistic, it is just simply the same homophobic thing that we are all used to; nothing new here.

What is interesting, is the motive behind OP. What is it? It's the sentiment and opinion that homosexuality somehow is more dangerous, more subversive phenomenon in our contemporary society than, let's say, scarcity, or exploitation and whatnot. The fact that this is such a low effort thread (confusing ancient concepts of pederasty and the Roman concept of sexuality - relationship of the penetrator&penetrated - with homosexuality and pedophilia as we know them today, lack of sources, etc.) is even more fascinating. Does it mean that even homophobes don't really believe in what they say anymore? (Or it is simply just low effort stuff and that's it.)
Baykok wrote:This thread is not interesting. I mean, seriously, it is not.
:eh: So why bother posting, then?

Baykok wrote:What is interesting, is the motive behind OP.
The motive is to slander homosexuals by asserting a vile falsehood, that isn't even remotely accurate.
showeverything1 wrote:Why paying employees minimum wage unethical

What are your thoughts on paying hard working employees minimum wage? How about paying them below minimum wage?

Greed is immoral, as far as whether or not paying 'min wage' is or not, that's a different story, especially since min wage varies from state to state.
Bosnjak wrote:according to statistics are 70% of pedophiles, gay?

In Greece and Rome Homesexuality was defined primary as Love between old Men and small boys, or we see this in Afghanistan in the Northern Alliance commanders, making sexparties with young boys.

in US the biggest Pedophile association is NAMBLA, ...Mens and Boys Love..

Not entirely sure, possibly because of the nature of sexual deviance which likely plays a role in all unnatural sexual behaviors, including homosexuality.

For example, in the book "120 Days of Sodom", the villains were described as preferring gay anal sex to straight sex not because of a thing for 'men' so much as a perverse fetish involving anal sex and feces; the psychology behind sexual deviance seems to be a morbid attraction to the risk or deviance factor, so there's likely some correlation between homosexuality, pedophilia, and all forms of deviant sex acts.
Sorry there was a glitch, and a quote from another thread appeared in this one.

I wish there was a way to edit.
As I understand it a lot of Christians believe that through prayer to our Lord Jesus Christ, Gay paedophiles can be turned into Heterosexual paedophiles. While not a Christian believer myself I have to say that gay paedophilia seems to be a much worse problem in some Muslim countries.
Rich wrote:As I understand it a lot of Christians believe that through prayer to our Lord Jesus Christ, Gay paedophiles can be turned into Heterosexual paedophiles. While not a Christian believer myself I have to say that gay paedophilia seems to be a much worse problem in some Muslim countries.

That's false.
Scheherazade wrote:Sorry there was a glitch, and a quote from another thread appeared in this one.

I wish there was a way to edit.

You can edit posts by tapping on the symbol that looks like a gear with an arrow beside it. It turns into a drop down menu, and the choice to edit your post is the first option.

I think you only have 24 hours in which to do it, though.
Scheherazade wrote:That's false.

No check out this video. I'm not saying all Muslim countries are as bad as Afghanistan, but gay paedophilia is certainly worse overall in Muslim countries than traditionally Christian countries.
Rich wrote:No check out this video. I'm not saying all Muslim countries are as bad as Afghanistan, but gay paedophilia is certainly worse overall in Muslim countries than traditionally Christian countries.

I was focused more on the assertion that Christians believe prayer can "turn" a gay pedophile into a straight one? What does that even mean?

I think that Christians believe prayer and meditation can help one to contain their more aberrant desires; the notion that homosexuality is a biological or genetic construct versus a psychological one seems pretty nonsensical; and even if it was, a person with a "gay brain" could still restrain their desire to engage in gay sex, much like monks and ascetics abstain from straight sex.
Most pedophiles are heterosexual men(abuse of female children is rampant and still goes unreported, for the most part). That most pedophilia is aimed at females, asserts this. People often forget this and instead concentrate on the minority of boys that are molested by men(whom people ASSUME are homosexual, when they might not, in fact, be). This is a common misconception among those people who think this stupid myth has any substance(which it does not).

Homosexuality and Pedophila: The False Link
It is so hard to believe that people are still trying to use the purported link between pedophilia and homosexuality. The old, tired argument that pedophilia is linked with homosexuality is wrong on many levels.

First, we need to clarify our definitions. When discussing sexual abuse and molestation of children, there’s often conflict over terminology. One frequently quoted researcher on the topic of homosexuality and child molestation, Gregory Herek, a research psychologist at the University of California, defines pedophilia as “a psychosexual disorder characterized by a preference for prepubescent children as sexual partners, which may or may not be acted upon.” He defines child sexual abuse as “actual sexual contact between an adult and someone who has not reached the legal age of consent.” Not all pedophiles actually molest children, he points out. A pedophile may be attracted to children but never actually engage in sexual contact with them. Quite often, pedophiles never develop a sexual orientation toward other adults.

In fact, some research shows that for pedophiles, the gender of the child is immaterial. Accessibility is more the factor in whom a pedophile abuses. This may explain the high incidence of children molested in church communities and fraternal organizations, where the pedophile may more easily have access to children.

In these situations, an adult male is trusted by those around him, including children and their families. Males are often given access to boys to mentor, teach, coach, and advise. Therefore, a male pedophile may have easier access to a male child. In trying to make sense of an adult male’s sexually abusing a male child, many of us mislabel it as an act of homosexuality, which it isn’t.

To call child molestation of a boy by a man “homosexual,” or that of a girl by a man “heterosexual,” is to misunderstand pedophilia. No true pedophile is attracted to adults, so neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality applies. Accordingly, Herek suggests calling men’s sexual abuse of boys “male-male molestation,” and men’s abuse of girls “male-female molestation.”

Interestingly, Anna C. Salter writes, in Predators, Pedophiles, Rapists and other Sex Offenders, that when a man molests little girls, we call him a “pedophile” and not a “heterosexual.” Of course, when a man molests little boys, people say outright, or mutter under their breath, “homosexual.” Herek writes that because of our society’s aversion to male homosexuality, and the attempts made by some to represent gay men as a danger to “family values,” many in our society immediately think of male-male molestation as homosexuality. He compares this to the time when African-Americans were often falsely accused of raping white women, and when medieval Jews were accused of murdering Christian babies in ritual sacrifices. Both are examples of how mainstream society eagerly jumped to conclusions that justified discrimination and violence against these minorities. Today, gays face the same kind of prejudice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-kort- ... 32622.html
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]