How often would you say men deserve to be cheated on? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
A relationship is a human connection, and they should be respected.

But the cultural weight of this stuff is always applied to everyone by cretins when it should be a human relationship; that is to say, it varies by the people involved.

I've had girlfriends that have encouraged me to go after other women when traveling. I'd take a girl back that cheated on me, if the rest of the relationship was worth it. By this point, I'm not dating any virgins any time soon.

On the other hand, I've had girlfriends I'd never cheat on, and girls I would treat with fury should they step out on me.

To try and put these absolute laws on something as varied as human relations is juvenile. Be proud, be practical, be happy.

Your groin is only someone's business if you agree.
Albert wrote:Did you not let someone "encourage" you to cheat on them. Definitely showed us there TIG, how it's done.

This is by no means a universal. It was a certain class and region (rural French and Italian) of girls I've dated that sort of thought that it gave a kind of currency both to the guy they were dating, and the idea that they were better than any of the other girls—I guess. It's not something I share, it's not something I'm saying all girls would like, it's not something I'm saying all rural French and Italian girls would like. It's something that was in those specific relationships that was fine.

And, likewise, if I were in a relationship that was going fine and I were invested enough, and a girl stepped out on me—is it really worth throwing everything away for because the relationship fucked up once or twice?

Maybe. But it really is a call based on the people involved in the relationship, not some kind of silly idea of what a virgin might imagine an adult relationship is like or not.
Lack of respect...that's a good one actually. Cuckolds are some of the most disrespectful chaps I've ever come across, especially when it comes to alternative political viewpoints.

Oh, you alive Igor. Did this life changing event made you accept Joseph Stalin as your Father and Savior of the Nations?

You wear that yellow card like a badge of honor, tiger.
If you enter a monogamous relationship, both partners should be able to trust each other to uphold fidelity. So cheating is out - and I'd never "take back" a cheater. How can "everything else be ok" in the relationship, if trust, the central pillar, is broken?

And what's that bullshit about cheating being "a cry for help"? What, are women suddenly infants again who have to act out because they can't articulate themselves?

Nobody deserves to have his faith betrayed - that's just a self-serving justification of the cheating bastard. "They had it coming," is the battle-cry of all abusers since the dawn of time.
Frollein wrote:If you enter a monogamous relationship, both partners should be able to trust each other to uphold fidelity. So cheating is out - and I'd never "take back" a cheater. How can "everything else be ok" in the relationship, if trust, the central pillar, is broken?
Exactly. You have to be able to trust your spouse.

Igor Antunov wrote:Lack of respect...that's a good one actually. Cuckolds are some of the most disrespectful chaps I've ever come across, especially when it comes to alternative political viewpoints.
You need respect in a relationship for it to survive. If neither respects the other, then the relationship will fail. What does your bullshit on cucks have to do with anything? We're not talking about your issues, but about fidelity in a relationship.
Frollein wrote:How can "everything else be ok" in the relationship, if trust, the central pillar, is broken?

Maybe you have kids. Maybe there was some medical issue; maybe you're a filthy hippy that holds to the "glass of water theory." Maybe it's simply worth the risk to try and repair the trust.

But perhaps not.

It could be anything in the range of the human condition. I don't think that people should forgive cheating every single time--far from it.

I just think a blanket moral declaration about something as complicated as the human condition is problematic.
No TIG, your blanket of moral conditions for relationship is flexible. Not everyone is like that, it seems in this thread here most people are not like that.

From my experience when I truly cared about a girl I had a good dose of jeslousy when it appeared she was giving an unwarranted attention to someone.
Last edited by Albert on 15 Nov 2016 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Maybe you have kids. Maybe there was some medical issue; maybe you're a filthy hippy that holds to the "glass of water theory." Maybe it's simply worth the risk to try and repair the trust.

1) Especially if I had kids, I'd want to teach them to keep their word and be honest, and to not accept bullshit from anyone.

2) Medical issue that would justify cheating? L.O. Fucking.L

3) Well, thank God I'm not.

4) Try to repair a smashed egg.

5) Honor and loyalty aren't complicated. But the justifications for cheating can get pretty convoluted, I grant you that.
@The Immortal Goon, @The Immortal Goon,
The Immortal Goon wrote:A relationship is a human connection, and they should be respected.

But the cultural weight of this stuff is always applied to everyone by cretins when it should be a human relationship; that is to say, it varies by the people involved.

It's a moot point, because it's in the interest of society and the economy to encourage correct forms of relationship.

I've had girlfriends that have encouraged me to go after other women when traveling. I'd take a girl back that cheated on me, if the rest of the relationship was worth it.

That's pretty self-depreciating.

To try and put these absolute laws on something as varied as human relations is juvenile.

Not at all, it's just logical. The idea that "variance" can simply mean whatever one wants is anti-intellectual nonsense, regardless of individual variances, there are still universal principles upon which they are founded, and should be measured.

People who are just scared to take a stand on anything, or may even have a guilty conscience just use this as an easy cop-out.

Your groin is only someone's business if you agree.

Sorry, but the truth is it's the collective business of society, at least to an extent, since individuals and what they do in their bedrooms do indirectly effect the rest of the ecosystem, then it's in the collective duty of others to insure they conform to the uninversal norms which best benefit the whole, as well as the individuals.

In fact, the entire notion of "individuality" is more mythological than anything at all.

Even if the state or society grands individuals the "freedom" to be wrong, they don't have the ability to just dwell in a self-referential echo chamber and "decide" what right and wrong are, it's decided for them by universal natural laws whether they choose to accept this reality or not.
Igor Antunov wrote:Lack of respect...that's a good one actually. Cuckolds are some of the most disrespectful chaps I've ever come across, especially when it comes to alternative political viewpoints.

I agree gas those beta males.

You wear that yellow card like a badge of honor, tiger.

In a Time of Universal Deceit — Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act
Frollein wrote:And what's that bullshit about cheating being "a cry for help"? What, are women suddenly infants again who have to act out because they can't articulate themselves?

Haha did I trigger you? I'm sorry.

Yeah women act differently than men because of socialization, we are socialized differently. But I'll admit this is all just based on what I have observed. So disregard if you want to. A lot of people want to live in this fantasy world where we just say what should happen or what we want to happen instead of being honest, I like to live in the real world.
Yeah, that real world bubble where Hillary won, I get it. I've never cheated in my whole life, because guess what, I say what's on my mind. Works like a charm. ;)
Scheherazade wrote:It's a moot point, because it's in the interest of society and the economy to encourage correct forms of relationship.

Oh, and I suppose you get to regulate where I put my cock because you know the, "correct forms of relationship?"

Fucking try it.

Scheherazade wrote:That's pretty self-depreciating.

It's also, actually, probably the most traditional form of Western relationship still practiced. This is not an endorsement, but you're actually probably the one actually changing the norms.

Scheherazade wrote:Not at all, it's just logical.

You have yet to provide any logical explanation why you should tell me what to do with my cock because you know the, "correct forms of relationship."

Nor did you even define what, "the correct form of relationship," is. Nor did you go through why your feelings provide, "the best forms of relationship."

Scheherazade wrote:The idea that "variance" can simply mean whatever one wants is anti-intellectual nonsense, regardless of individual variances, there are still universal principles upon which they are founded, and should be measured.

Please explain the "universal principles" involved in the relationships and marriage taboos of the Minangkabau, the Ancient Egyptian, the Mosuo, the Victorians, and the Aztec.

Thank you.

Scheherazade wrote:People who are just scared to take a stand on anything, or may even have a guilty conscience just use this as an easy cop-out.

Most people, actually, take a stand on something they can explain—besides pontificating how their feelings are "universal principles" that should dictate "correct forms of relationship."

Scheherazade wrote:Sorry, but the truth is it's the collective business of society, at least to an extent, since individuals and what they do in their bedrooms do indirectly effect the rest of the ecosystem, then it's in the collective duty of others to insure they conform to the uninversal norms which best benefit the whole, as well as the individuals.

...Even if the state or society grands individuals the "freedom" to be wrong, they don't have the ability to just dwell in a self-referential echo chamber and "decide" what right and wrong are, it's decided for them by universal natural laws whether they choose to accept this reality or not.

Then you'd agree that we should return to a more traditional Western standard where the men have sex with prostitutes without birth control all the time, and the wife isn't allowed to derive pleasure from sexuality.

Surely not agreeing to this is destroying, "the collective business of society, at least to an extent."

Your decision, presuming you don't agree with the above, to not practice traditional Western sexuality is literally destroying Western civilization.
@Frollein I have never said that Hillary won, I said she won the popular vote. She lost undemocratically but I recognize Trump as the legitimate president.

I've never cheated either, or been cheated on for that matter. In fact I have had the opportunity to do so but instead of doing it I left the relationship. And I have only been broken up with one time (she was interested in someone else, why I mentioned it) but I deserved it.

But I have known cheaters and they are not horrible people. Not something I would do.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]