Are atheists less civilized than normal members of society? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
DoleAndJefferson wrote:Yes. I think that Christianity should be the only legal religion. the Bible ensures morals and manners and proper character and dress of every person in the world. It is the one book that should be followed to a tee. lets compare a Christian woman to an Atheist woman.

Christian Woman
[center-img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8f/a7/a4/8fa7a41c0be1534001853e215298afcf--christian-women-pleated-skirts.jpg[/center-img]

Atheist Woman
[center-img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kWdk-JyGlH8/maxresdefault.jpg[/center-img]

Now which one appears more civilized ?

Agreed, the bible say's it's ok to give your daughter to a gang of men to rape.

Civilized, got it.
Sorry, but these are Atheist women:

Christian women:

So can we dispense with this childish argument about appearance and religious affiliation? Religion does not determine morality, or appearance, for that matter. Morality exists despite religion, which is why the most atheist countries in the world are amongst the best places to live, with the least violence.
Well, I wouldn't really say that, as the more religious a person is, the more they tend to lean to the right wing. At least, that's been my experience with it. I'd hazard to say that the more religious a person is, the more they tend towards being immoral, as long as it suits their religion.
Godstud wrote:the more religious a person is, the more they tend to lean to the right wing.

I guess it depends on what you mean by right wing. The vast majority of people are religious and there's an even split more or less between social liberals and social conservatives. Most people are also in favor of many entitlement programs like medicare and social security. Religious fundamentalist tend to be more right wing but I wouldn't say they're more religious than those who take a more liberal interpretation of their traditions.
Right wing. Socially less liberal. Less tolerant of differences in race, gender differences, lifestyles differences, etc. Stuck in tradition more than progression. They are willing to sacrifice rights to perpetuate tradition, or religion.
Godstud wrote:Right wing. Socially less liberal. Less tolerant of differences in race, gender differences, lifestyles differences, etc. Stuck in tradition more than progression. They are willing to sacrifice rights to perpetuate tradition, or religion.

America was founded more as a Republic than a Democracy, I do think we should perpetuate religion rather than give more people rights, the more people that have rights the more unstable and immoral a country becomes. I think we should

1. Ban all non-Christian religions

2. Supplement the US Constitution with Biblical law.

3. Get rid of unneeded government programs such as welfare

4. Reinstate property requirements for voting and ban women from voting

5. Ban the Democratic Party and any other left-leaning minor parties as they are causing instability and getting too much attention from the media.
DoleAndJefferson wrote:America was founded more as a Republic than a Democracy, I do think we should perpetuate religion rather than give more people rights, the more people that have rights the more unstable and immoral a country becomes. I think we should

1. Ban all non-Christian religions

5. Ban the Democratic Party and any other left-leaning minor parties as they are causing instability and getting too much attention from the media.

Now these are all excellent ideas, to be sure, but I just don't think they go far enough.

1. I could agree with that. Anybody who doesn't acknowledge the Pope as God's representative on Earth should be executed.

2. Old Testament, obviously, or are you some kind of New Testament pussy?

3. Every government program should be eliminated. Including defense. People should learn how to use a gun and defend themselves.

4. Agreed. Only those with a net worth of more than a billion dollars should be allowed to vote, and even then only if they agree with me on everything.

5. We should just ban all political parties as per number 4 there's no point in having any.
Saeko wrote:Now these are all excellent ideas, to be sure, but I just don't think they go far enough.

1. I could agree with that. Anybody who doesn't acknowledge the Pope as God's representative on Earth should be executed.

2. Old Testament, obviously, or are you some kind of New Testament pussy?

3. Every government program should be eliminated. Including defense. People should learn how to use a gun and defend themselves.

4. Agreed. Only those with a net worth of more than a billion dollars should be allowed to vote, and even then only if they agree with me on everything.

5. We should just ban all political parties as per number 4 there's no point in having any.

Well, I think you have some good ideas here Saeko, but it seems like you are actually not going far enough yourself.

1. Anyone who disagrees with the "party line" is guilty of treason and should be executed, after being thoroughly broken and filled with remorse for their actions.

2. There need be no law. The "party line" is the unspoken, unwritten rule of law. Adherence to laws, or the wish to establish laws, should be considered treason and punishable by being vaporized from existence and memory.

3. There should be no government programs. Everything organized for the functioning of society should be voluntary, and those who don't participate will disappear.

4. Even thinking about voting rights is criminal.

5. There should be no need to ban any parties, because only one Party has ever existed in the whole of human history, @Saeko. Don't you remember that?

I feel very worried about you, Saeko. So terribly worried. Something seems wrong with the way you remember things. You're referring to things that don't exist. I imagine that Goldstein tampered with your post and said false things in your name?
DoleAndJefferson wrote:1. Ban all non-Christian religions

So you want a dirty stinking religious theocracy. How would this differ from the current Islamic ones that AMericans all hate and fear, aside from being the same religions under a different name?

1. What about atheism? You going to ban people who don't believe in your stupid "god"? :lol:

2. Theocracy. You'll soon be stoning people and forcing rapists to marry their victims. :roll:

3. Fuck the poor. That's about as Christian a sentiment as you can get... amiright? :excited:

4. Screw equal rights for voting(Sure is a lot of misogyny there.)! Only let property owners vote? Wow. That's got plutocracy all over it. Worse than it currently is, now. :knife:

5. Ban anyone who disagrees with you. Sieg Heil! :moron:

These are some very anti-Christian attitudes. Your ideas on improving a country are Nazi-like and horrible.

Typical Buddhist woman:
Bulaba Jones wrote:Well, I think you have some good ideas here Saeko, but it seems like you are actually not going far enough yourself.

1. Anyone who disagrees with the "party line" is guilty of treason and should be executed, after being thoroughly broken and filled with remorse for their actions.

2. There need be no law. The "party line" is the unspoken, unwritten rule of law. Adherence to laws, or the wish to establish laws, should be considered treason and punishable by being vaporized from existence and memory.

3. There should be no government programs. Everything organized for the functioning of society should be voluntary, and those who don't participate will disappear.

4. Even thinking about voting rights is criminal.

5. There should be no need to ban any parties, because only one Party has ever existed in the whole of human history, @Saeko. Don't you remember that?

I feel very worried about you, Saeko. So terribly worried. Something seems wrong with the way you remember things. You're referring to things that don't exist. I imagine that Goldstein tampered with your post and said false things in your name?

I value your contribution, comrade Bulaba, but I still think you aren't thinking outside the box. Here are my thoughts

1. [REDACTED]

2. [REDACTED]

3. [REDACTED]

4. [REDACTED]

5. [REDACTED]

I love Big Brother.
It has come to the attention of the ruling council of the Republic of Gilead that certain members here have been reading a deeply subversive, godless book describing what is, to them, a utopia where God is not given His due place as the arbiter of all things, and instead they worship the antichrist Big Brother. This is unacceptable, and completely against the spirit of this thread, as exemplified by the blessed DoleAndJefferson. Report to your nearest place of public execution.

What makes you think that atheist are not 'normal' people?

Put it another way, what makes you think that 'religious' people are normal?

Being 'civilised' towards each other is a universal truth that predates ALL religions, it's demonstrated through the dictum, "Do unto others, as they would you unto them", it implies a mutual benefit to one another.

The 'alternative' in extremis is a world occupied by groups such as ISIS, I am not sure that is an attractive proposition.
Religious fundamentalist tend to be more right wing but I wouldn't say they're more religious than those who take a more liberal interpretation of their traditions.

Very true. And those taking a more liberal interpretation of the Christian tradition significantly outnumber those who are fundamentalist. This is just inconvenient for those forwarding anti-Christian arguments.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]