In Donald Trump's America, women have no authority over their own bodies – Arkansas Act 45 proves th - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ter wrote:
Tewo old boy, I hope you don't mind, but I have started analysing your posts.
In your latest contribution - see above - I saw:
three "Whites"
one " slavery"
accusation of "whites" committing paedophilia and sex with animals.

Well done old boy, I am looking forward to your further thought-out and intelligent contributions.

Hey, like Malcolm X said “Brothers and sisters, if you and I would just realize that once we learn to talk the language that they understand, they will then get the point. You can't ever reach a man if you don't speak his language. If a man speaks the language of brute force, you can't come to him with peace. Why, good night! He'll break you in two, as he has been doing all along. If a man speaks French, you can't speak to him in German. If he speaks Swahili, you can't communicate with him in Chinese. You have to find out what does this man speak. And once you know his language, learn how to speak his language, and he'll get the point. There'll be some dialogue, some communication, and some understanding will be developed.” I'm speaking their language, they call us "darkies, chimps etc" finally trump show these right wingers here their true genetic colors. They have no respect for God, or Law or morals. They only care about one thing: White supremacy, so I'll tell them how I feel.
Misty:
It would be nice to know that both parents would still want to go through the "problematic" pregnancy, if there was a good chance that the baby could survive it or that the baby could live a fairly normal life.

Well, we live in a time where science can give us a little insight, and can do it early. There's a qualitative difference for the child and for the parents between say, a youth with Downs syndrome and a youth with severe cerebral palsy that cannot walk. The later could be a tough row to hoe, even if both parents stay healthy. Odds are, after some period of time, one parent may not be able to cope.

And the parents must worry what will become of him/her when they're gone.
One Degree wrote:
Sorry to disillusion you, but liberals are young for a reason. The older generation you are speaking of was the most liberal generation in history. Liberalism (as viewed commonly in the US) is based upon idealism which age and family responsibility has a tendency to reject. I even see signs of Liberalism being rejected at even a younger age now. The protests about Trump did not have the support of college students that you would have seen in the 60's.

Generation Z is extremely conservative on a lot of issues. Pendulum swings back ;)
Generation Z is extremely conservative on a lot of issues. Pendulum swings back

Which issues. I am interested in hearing which issues it is that the new generation is "extremely conservative".
American women understand the economical impact of not allowing abortions, and I'm sure their pragmatic side understands the difficulties in rearing kid(s), esp without a partner. Men, if they think about it, also understand it, particularly if they are faced with the financial burden of an unwanted pregnancy.

But there is an undeniable movement veiled in religious beliefs that is very vocal. I just can't believe it's very large. I suspect it's impact seems larger than it really is, because abortion is for men, more likely to be low priority.

These vocal anti abortionist s are likely to also espouse a belief that the pill is a no- no, easier to hold if you're not involved in a relationship or menopausal or blind to the contents of the missus' purse. They add fuel to the debate, or the holier than though argument, but not substance.

I conclude this movement isn't really big, just noisy. Most of the proposed legislation that limits women is centred on taxpayer funded services, and I'm sure that's at the heart of the matter. Follow the money, and all that

What I don't get is why these politicians get away with practising medicine without a licence
Last edited by Stormsmith on 09 Feb 2017 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Political Interest wrote:Women do have control over their own bodies. Being a woman does not entitle women to do whatever they please.

This is not an issue of gender.

If women are forced to carry babies to term even when they do not want to, then they are not in control of their own bodies.
Older men tend to be moany old gits and go on about how their mother used to do things.
Not for me.

Misty Tiger, maybe the husband in the case you cited spent all his time at "work" because he didn't want to be at home? I'm not sure how he managed to support his wife by working 14 hour days. He was obviously never around to give her support.

It's not wonderful giving birth to severely disabled child. Nobody says " Oh, look! Our baby has Down's Syndrome! Aren't we lucky?" Downs children aren't always "adorable".

My friend's son is now 14 years old and still shits himself, sucks a dummy , dribbles all down his front and refuses to take his medication. He has now started wanking all the time. She's trying to get him to keep his hands on the table at mealtimes.

His father took to the hills before he was two years old. My friend loves her son very much, but she has very small chance of having a life of her own. She would definitely have aborted had she known.

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]