How should parents be allowed to punish their children? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
anasawad wrote:All hail the great, Joey. :lol:

This show was by far the only show i watched constantly while growing up.
Best of all times.

:lol:

I am watching it on Netflix now and have been for over a year. It is very funny but at times listening to Joey is a bit painful. Leblanc did a swell job though.

Getting struck or whipped isn't all that bad.

Wait, what? I always thought it was one of the worst things that my parents could do to me. It hurt me physically and it hurt my pride.

I was the youngest of two, but I still got punished though not as much as my older sibling.
I just want to say that as long as this post was necro'd... y'all have some scary ideas about parenting. Here in California you're not even allowed to hit your kid. :lol: Not that I think that's a good thing, I think some kids should be spanked. Some kids don't respond to it though. Not everything can be solved with hitting, sometimes you have to treat your kid like an adult and give them adult consequences. When you're an adult, rarely are you punished or corrected with physical violence, so it's not a very useful metaphor for how life works in the modern world.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]