Is Contraception Murder? - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Suntzu wrote:Or 35, for that matter. You got any information she wasn't 35?

No, I have no information on how old she was. However, if she were 35, then at the Crucifixion of Jesus, she would be around 70 years of age, which does not seem likely to me. But you still have not given a reference link to anything that proves she was 12 years old when the Holy Spirit came upon her. That may be true, but I am not prepared to repeat that just on your say so.
Rancid wrote:The bible say's murder is wrong, and thus so is abortion.

The Bible doesn't mention abortion although it was practiced during Jesus' time. Where a fetus is mentioned in the Old Testament, the fetus is treated as property.
Suntzu wrote:Don't like abortion . . .
. . . don't have one! :roll:

This guy gets it. Not like whites can afford it since your generation took their grandchildren net security away(a consequence of putting culture victory over economics.)
Suntzu wrote:
Don't like abortion . . .
. . . don't have one! :roll:

We should throw people in jail for having abortions.
Suntzu wrote:So you would put more than half the folks in the U.S. in jail? How open minded of you! :eh:

I think you should open your mind to my ideas. They are righteous.
Suntzu wrote:The Bible doesn't mention abortion although it was practiced during Jesus' time. Where a fetus is mentioned in the Old Testament, the fetus is treated as property.

A man's wife and children were treated as property too in the Old Testament.
However, Christians live under the New Testament. Abortion kills an unborn baby. How is that good?
Praise the Lord.
Hindsite wrote:A man's wife and children were treated as property too in the Old Testament.
However, Christians live under the New Testament. Abortion kills an unborn baby. How is that good?
Praise the Lord.

Yes. However contraception is outlawed in the Old Testament anyway because Spem is treated as the property of God and the "seed of life" as well as the "property" of man. And Onan was struck by lightning for his sin of "spilling the seed after the act of sex" as a "singular example".

So abortion is also outlawed in the old testament given it is essentially a form of post-sex contraception and disrespects the process of life.
colliric wrote:Yes. However contraception is outlawed in the Old Testament anyway because Spem is treated as the property of God and the "seed of life" as well as the "property" of man. And Onan was struck by lightning for his sin of "spilling the seed after the act of sex" as a "singular example".

That is not exactly true. It was the custom of the time for a brother or other near relative to marry the widow and raise children for the one who had died. Onan refused to do this because the first child born would be the legal heir of his deceased brother Er and not his own legal child. His sin was not so much sexual as it was selfish. It was a persistent refusal which affected the genealogy by which Christ would inherit legal right to the throne of David. It so displeased the Lord that he allowed him to be struck dead.
Hindsite wrote:A man's wife and children were treated as property too in the Old Testament.
Praise the Lord.

You can't pick and choose the parts of the Bible you are gonna believe. Did I say abortion is good? Again, most folks in the U.S. (and the rest of the civilized world) believe that abortion should remain legal. Jehovah's Witness believe that blood transfusion is wrong/evil/sinful. Shall we outlaw that, too?
Yea, I like how in the bible this dude gives his wife and or daughter (don't remember which) to a mob of angry men.
The thing I find odd about the bible is that most stories are very very short. For example, the story of Noah's arch is like 2-3 paragraphs. From that, people come up with these 5-10 hour long movies, and so called "expert" analysis about it all.

It's amazing that people eat this shit up. Then again, a stupid as I think religion is, it is needed.

No. This is ridiculous. You are either trolling […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]