American Airlines does it again - Investigated for being "Fat and Black" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Heisenberg wrote:@One Degree, it seems you have an almost infinite capacity to give obvious racists the benefit of the doubt. :lol:

There's clearly no need to call the police for every little argument you have with someone day to day. I would be willing to be everything I have that the woman in question wouldn't have called the police if the fat black passenger was attractive and white.

A couple of weeks back there was an example of a white guy calling the police on a group of black women for "slow play" at a golf club, for crying out loud. Given American police officers' penchant for getting jittery and shooting people for no reason (particularly if they're black) this sort of behaviour is wildly irresponsible.

No, I have an infinite capacity for challenging people who choose to create racism without evidence. The fact you don’t think this same scenario could have been played out by two white women demonstrates the media’s ability to convince you everything is about race. The truth is, everyone of us knows we could have become aggravated in this scenario no matter the races involved. This is just typical human behavior. Bringing race into it just creates unnecessary divisions. According to your reasoning, I am never allowed to disagree with a person of another race or I am obviously racist. It’s nonsense.
One Degree wrote:Bringing race into it just creates unnecessary divisions.

"Pointing out racism creates racism" is a tedious talking point that wasn't very convincing when it was first tried 50 years ago, and isn't convincing now.

Of course, I'm talking to someone who doesn't think the people at Charlottesville shouting "Jews will not replace us" and giving Nazi salutes were racists, so I don't hold out a lot of hope that this argument will go anywhere. :lol:

One Degree wrote:According to your reasoning, I am never allowed to disagree with a person of another race or I am obviously racist. It’s nonsense.

Please demonstrate where I said you are not allowed to disagree with a person of another race.
Heisenberg wrote:"Pointing out racism creates racism" is a tedious talking point that wasn't very convincing when it was first tried 50 years ago, and isn't convincing now.

Of course, I'm talking to someone who doesn't think the people at Charlottesville shouting "Jews will not replace us" and giving Nazi salutes were racists, so I don't hold out a lot of hope that this argument will go anywhere. :lol:

Please demonstrate where I said you are not allowed to disagree with a person of another race.

If you find the truth tedious, that is your problem. Please point out where there was a single racist remark made in this scenario? How do you find racism in the total absence of any racism? The only way is to imagine it.
Your Charlottesville remarks have nothing to do with this thread or me. If you are going to accuse me of being a racist, then provide evidence. You are simply creating more racism to defend your creating racism.
One Degree wrote:Please point out where there was a single racist remark made in this scenario? How do you find racism in the total absence of any racism? The only way is to imagine it.

Is "racism" in your view limited to "racist remarks"? Actually calling people "N*****" is socially frowned upon, but that doesn't mean racism has disappeared. You can see racism when you look at the different way people are treated based on their skin colour.

This story is a classic example of something that wouldn't happen if the person in the article was white. Everyone has had an uncomfortable flight before. There is almost never a need to call the police, and the account given in the article suggests it was a wild overreaction. It's an attempt to intimidate, and an irresponsible one given the very well-publicised racial baggage associated with the US police. It's also highly likely that the white woman in question felt she could count on the support of the police because, as Zam said, "white is right" when it comes to police encounters like this.

That you can't see this is not my problem. You do it all the time, and the Charlottesville thread was a classic example, hence why I mentioned it.

Accusing me of "creating more racism to defend creating racism" is absurd. It'd be more accurate to state that you are wishing away racism.
Heisenberg wrote:Is "racism" in your view limited to "racist remarks"? Actually calling people "N*****" is socially frowned upon, but that doesn't mean racism has disappeared. You can see racism when you look at the different way people are treated based on their skin colour.

This story is a classic example of something that wouldn't happen if the person in the article was white. Everyone has had an uncomfortable flight before. There is almost never a need to call the police, and the account given in the article suggests it was a wild overreaction. It's an attempt to intimidate, and an irresponsible one given the very well-publicised racial baggage associated with the US police. It's also highly likely that the white woman in question felt she could count on the support of the police because, as Zam said, "white is right" when it comes to police encounters like this.

That you can't see this is not my problem. You do it all the time, and the Charlottesville thread was a classic example, hence why I mentioned it.

Accusing me of "creating more racism to defend creating racism" is absurd. It'd be more accurate to state that you are wishing away racism.

So your solution to racism is to keep finding it everywhere even where there is a total lack of evidence? That should work out really well. Lmao. “Racism is everywhere. Be afraid. Be very afraid. You can’t see it, but those evil white people are out to get you. “. Yeah, that should really help us get along.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]