Equal rights: public Topless +18!!! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:Europe isn't as puritanical as USA. Violence is OK, but not sexuality.

I was lucky enough to stay at a resort in Mexico where they didn't book Americans. Topless sunbathing was common and after a short time, you don't even notice it. It was readily accepted, as most people there were European.

It's not so much about right for women to go topless, but about the culture. In the USA, it's a cultural taboo, whereas in Europe, it's not.

Topless sunbathing isn't illegal in Thailand, but it's rarely done by the locals, just because of their culture/customs, which are remarkably modest.

Toplessness is legal in many parts of the US. I know it's legal in Portland Oregon.

In Miami, I have no idea if it's legal or not, but there are always topless women all over South Beach.

Here in AUstin, we have a place called Hippy Hallow, which is also a nude beach.

New Orleans Toplessness is A-OK.

One thing I've noticed, is that it seems like women in America are far more against topless women than men are. When my wife would breast feed our kids in public, the few times we got dirty looks, were ALWAYs from women. Very strange.

I don't understand why women hate on women so much.
Last edited by Rancid on 01 Sep 2018 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
Rancid wrote:One thing I've noticed, it that it seems to be women in America that are more against topless women, than men are. WHen my wife would breast feed out kids in public, the few times we got dirty looks, were ALWAYs from women. Very strange.

Ther's this perpetual notion that feminism is pushed by women and patriarchy by men. Its just not true. Yes women tend to be more feminist, but the ideological difference within genders is greater than between genders. Even the association between greater women's rights and the left is far from 100%.

Because they know their dark secrets.

They're jealous that the woman has the cajones to breastfeed in public while they're too scared of being caught or fined.

I know lots of women don't like me and it's usually because they're jealous of me. I don't pretend to know why they're jealous. I'm not bloody rich or super amazing.
I think maybe women are more competitive than they often admit.

I know men often call each other names, or tell each other to, "Fuck off!, and yet my last girlfriend told me that if girls talked to each other like that, there'd be fights. :hmm:
Women tend to be more dramatic and more easily offended. Some would say women are more sensitive but I say it depends. Some women are just particular about what names they are called. I think men don't really care what names they get called because the confident man knows who he is and he just doesn't care what people say. So, more men are confident than women, from what I've seen.
I think men don't really care what names they get called because the confident man knows who he is and he just doesn't care what people say. So, more men are confident than women, from what I've seen.

In the past and today as well probably, men competed in a wider variety of things. Sports, grades, for girlfriends, work, popularity....even driving or looking for a parking space is competitive for men. The young ones of us think of life as a competition in no small way.

So we care what names we are called but we compete in so many ways that we are almost all winners at something. That salves our ego's to some extent.

I know men often call each other names, or tell each other to, "Fuck off!, and yet my last girlfriend told me that if girls talked to each other like that, there'd be fights.

This is true. I did 20 years in the army and, of I recall correctly, the only three fist fights I witnessed were between females. Young men learn that when grown men fight someone is going to be seriously hurt. It is only an acceptable way to solve grievances until about the age of 12 and then it just hurts too much. (I should add, absent alcohol and drunk fights don't last long or amount to much.)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

no. It's not. :O BUilding more homes for people […]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]