Is propagation a basic human right? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
We are biologically wired for sex and reproduction. We exist because our parents had sex. The history of life on earth is a struggle to survive and pass on our genes.

It seems kind of odd to me, that in a civilized world, we actually seemed to have lost this basic right. In the animal kingdom there are no laws or restrictions against a male choosing to impregnate a female, forcibly or not.

There are many men I would think whom have no right to reproduce because there is no single woman that is willing to let them have her.

Should those men be forbidden from passing on their genes and is it a violation of their basic rights as a living being that they can't do that?
Agent Steel wrote:There are many men I would think whom have no right to reproduce because there is no single woman that is willing to let them have her.

I have a hard time believing that. There might be a lot of guys who aren't willing to put in the effort to keep a woman but unless you have a serious mental or physical disability it's pretty easy to get laid. I think the problem might be they're trying to play outside their league.
If these guys are that defective why would they want to pollute the gene pool with their weak ass dna? If you really can't get a woman then maybe it's for the best that you don't get one. :lol:
Agent Steel wrote:We are biologically wired for sex and reproduction. We exist because our parents had sex. The history of life on earth is a struggle to survive and pass on our genes.

It seems kind of odd to me, that in a civilized world, we actually seemed to have lost this basic right.

What do you mean, "right"? A right is a societal undertaking to constrain its members' actions wrt one another. We have natural rights to what we would have if others did not deprive us of it -- mainly life, liberty, and property in the fruits of our labor.
In the animal kingdom there are no laws or restrictions against a male choosing to impregnate a female, forcibly or not.

OTC, the other males usually have something to say about it.
There are many men I would think whom have no right to reproduce because there is no single woman that is willing to let them have her.

We only have rights to things that we would have if others did not deprive us of them. That can't include others' consent to anything, because they have to provide it.
Should those men be forbidden from passing on their genes and is it a violation of their basic rights as a living being that they can't do that?

No one is forbidding them but objective reality, and reproduction is not a right, as explained above. If they can, they can; if they can't, they can't. We won't know until they either do or die.
:eh: No. It's called natural selection, and if a male isn't appealing to a female, he's entitled to nothing, least of all a right to propagate.

Is this more of that Incel stuff?
Anti-Procreative sexuality is murder.

In this sense, you have a right to propagate without interference and have a moral obligation to pursue such and to not commit anti-procreative sex acts. Potential persons are extended the right to life under this position.

That is my response to the OP and I can defend this position, logically.
@Victoribus Spolia

The OP wants to legalise rape for incels, that's a rather different position than your "wanking is murder" perspective.

The sensible consensus should be that people should be free to pursue a reproductive agenda providing they do not force anyone else to help in the process. If one can't get anyone to help voluntarily then tough luck.
SolarCross wrote:The OP wants to legalise rape for incels,

:eh:

Losers.

SolarCross wrote:that's a rather different position than your "wanking is murder" perspective.

:roll:

I don't necessarily think wanking is murder, or blowjobs, or even anal. Its all about context; if procreation is practically possible, then those things would be murder, if procreation is not practically possible then they would not be and i've outlined those conditions.

In my marriage for instance, I do not get blowjobs, titty-wanks, etc., unless my wife is on the rag, pregnant, or breast-feeding. I could technically jerk-off during this time, but by the Grace of God my wife prevents the temptation from getting to that point for me.

SolarCross wrote:The sensible consensus should be that people should be free to pursue a reproductive agenda providing they do not force anyone else to help in the process. If one can't get anyone to help voluntarily then tough luck.

That would be close to my position, whether what they voluntarily pursue is moral or not is ultimately irrelevant as a valid contract is not necessarily a moral one under my position.

SO I agree with you.
Last edited by Victoribus Spolia on 26 Sep 2018 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Propagation is a right. There are no laws in preventing people from propagating. But it is also a right to choose your partner and not have anyone forced onto up because they lack social standards in courting. Incels need to get real and look in the damn mirror. Women tend to want to be treated normally and not baited in bad manners.

Also, and someone picked up on it and I concur, there is someone out there who will have someone else regardless of their flaws. The problem is people promoting or expecting their partner to be out of their league. Lower your standards and don't expect a supermodel. Get real.
B0ycey wrote:Propagation is a right.

Yeah, but the way the OP is using the term, by "right" he means that if you can't find a partner you still have the right to propagate so someone is obligated to let you fuck them and knock them up.
I don't think parenting should be a right. If you can't afford a child a compulsory abortion must occur. There are irresponsible sluts that have unprotected heterosexual sex and make society pay through welfare payments for their choice & their parents be nannies. It's disgraceful.
Here an old man sits shaking his head remembering how silly he was to believe sex was so important. It’s not unimportant but we sure exaggerate it’s importance when young.
Negotiator wrote:Rape isnt a human right.

Human rights are defined here:

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

I wonder how many people actually look at these. I don’t see how anyone can read through them and consider them human rights. They are obviously Western European democracy guidelines. Imperialism through propaganda.
The OP's context is clear that he's talking about rape. He avoided using the precise word because he might have received a warning and the thread could have been quarantined. This is an on-topic subforum so this thread will remain up as long as this doesn't derail.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]