"But I only wanted ONE baby!" - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:Only women can get pregnant. Biological differences make women ideal nurturers.

You are just trolling. You can't seriously be that stupid.

Oh, I see.

You think men cannot bottle feed babies, or something.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You think men cannot bottle feed babies, or something.
You are being asinine. Do men get pregnant for 9 months?

Breastfeeding the ideal This has been proven.

The Risks of Not Breastfeeding for Mothers and Infants
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2812877/

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your ideology?
Godstud wrote:You are being asinine. Do men get pregnant for 9 months?

Do you think women cannot work while pregnant?

Breastfeeding the ideal This has been proven.

The Risks of Not Breastfeeding for Mothers and Infants
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2812877/

So men should feed the baby breast milk from the breastfeeding parent, which is easily possible with modern technology. The main difficulty with this is a lack of time and space for the breastfeeding parent to pump the milk.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of your ideology?

It is a fact that breast pumps and freezers exist, as do bottle warmers and bottles.

Because of all these facts, it is just as easy for the father to take time off work.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you think women cannot work while pregnant?
Not all jobs are equal. In some they can, and in others they cannot.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So men should feed the baby breast milk from the breastfeeding parent, which is easily possible with modern technology. The main difficulty with this is a lack of time and space for the breastfeeding parent to pump the milk.
That's not the point, but you aren't interested in facts. It's about breastfeeding, not bottle-feeding. The article states this quite clearly. It's about breastfeeding, not breast milk.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Because of all these facts, it is just as easy for the father to take time off work.
Fact: Bottle-feeding ≠ Breastfeeding.

Yes, a man can take time off, to the detriment of his career. You then have TWO people sacrificing their career for family, when it is unnecessary. Does this sound very sensible, to you? :eh:

Take a break. You aren't making cogent arguments.
Godstud wrote:Not all jobs are equal. In some they can, and in others they cannot.

And now you have lost track of your argument. Let me know when you remember what this was supposed to support.

That's not the point, but you aren't interested in facts. It's about breastfeeding, not bottle-feeding. The article states this quite clearly. It's about breastfeeding, not breast milk.

Fact: Bottle-feeding ≠ Breastfeeding.

Yes, a man can take time off, to the detriment of his career. You then have TWO people sacrificing their career for family, when it is unnecessary. Does this sound very sensible, to you? :eh:

Take a break. You aren't making cogent arguments.

You did not read the study.

Since you are not making a good faith attempt to provide evidence that you have actually read, you will need to provide quotes from the text from now on.

Now, note that if the man takes time off to stay hime and take care of the kids, the woman does not. Therefore, she would have no negative impact in her career.

If men and women did this roughly equally, the wage gap would be far smaller.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And now you have lost track of your argument. Let me know when you remember what this was supposed to support.
You brought it up. I never said ALL jobs. You're trying to make exceptions the rule. This is your go-to argument.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Now, note that if the man takes time off to stay hime and take care of the kids, the woman does not. Therefore, she would have no negative impact in her career.
Oh, I guess she's not having a baby then? Are you delusional?

Pants-of-dog wrote:If men and women did this roughly equally, the wage gap would be far smaller.
It cannot be smaller because of inherent differences between the sexes, but you like to ignore reality for your SEXIST Feminist agenda.
Godstud wrote:You brought it up. I never said ALL jobs. You're trying to make exceptions the rule. This is your go-to argument.

This is very unclear. Please go back and reread the thread and figure out what you are arguung here.

Oh, I guess she's not having a baby then? Are you delusional?

Are you arguing that both need to stay home to raise the kid?

That is not how reality works.

It cannot be smaller because of inherent differences between the sexes, but you like to ignore reality for your SEXIST Feminist agenda.

I literally just explained how. You are now ignoring my clear and aimple explanations in ordwr to accuse me of ignoring reality.

But since you agree the wage gap exists and why, this is not important.
@Godstud I have spoken to many women. Both traditional stay at home homemakers, career women with children, and part time workers who are women, single mothers, married mothers, etc.

I think the issue with women is that they wind up with having to do a lot of unpaid work. Especially in the house. Housework with small children is a non-stop situation Godstud. And many women have to work too. They got to drop the kids off at the child care centers and they got to go to work and do that shift, and then put some gas in the car, go to the grocery store or have it delivered via Uber Eats or Blue Apron or whatever. They got to plan dinner, bills, meals, their elderly parents need them, it is endless stuff. And the men can be wonderful helping out.

@Pants-of-dog takes care of children. I think five daughters he mentioned to me once. I hope he corrects me if I am wrong. My own father used to take care of us. He would wake up early and make us breakfast, drive us to school, pick us up, go to graduate school, and then paint his art projects, he was a fantastic painter. He would do laundry and some fast meals. Papi hated cooking, and anything that took more than fifteen minutes he detested. So I ate a lot of vegetarian burritos and cheese, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado sandwiches growing up. Fond memories really. But he used to say, "If I did the housework the way it should be done? Making beds, vacuuming every day, dusting, scrubbing pots and pans, waxing floors and ironing kids' clothing and making a full dinner, and so on every day? No time for anything else. The job of a housewife is a full-time job. No one really pays them anything they rely on their husband for their money. If he is abusive, controlling, or inconsiderate and denies the family the household budget money because he is a drunk, or he is stingy? She is totally dependent on him.

And then there is DV. Domestic violence. Family life is far from ideal for many people Godstud.

It is about power dynamics as well.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]