Danish town makes pork compulsory - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rei Murasame wrote:No one could really believe that we just leave raw fish around rotting.
No, that would be Iceland.
[youtube]zgfvJoareCQ[/youtube]
Freezing meat? Are you absolutely nuts?

All sushi meat must be frozen by law in the US. It gets thawed out obviously, but if you don't do it you could get really nasty parasites.
50 to 60 percent of sushi in the United States is frozen at some point in its journey from the ocean and all sushi restaurants in the European Union are required to freeze fish for a minimum of 24 hours at a temperature of at least minus 20 degrees. The Japanese chefs are mostly trained in Japan to prepare the freshest raw food but the current sushi boom in the major metropolitan cities in the United States and Europe made it unavoidable for sushi bars to hire non-Japanese chefs, who may serve sub-par or contaminated sushi. This Australian chef-owner Scott Hallsworth disrespected Japanese culture and I don't think he's a well-qualified sushi chef despite his training at the Japanese-owned Nobu restaurant. The British government is planning to further restrict Australians wanting to live and work in the country after closing certain key entry routes for Australian skilled workers in 2011.

A London restaurant run by a former Nobu head chef has been forced to turn off neon signs saying “prostitutes available” and “sluts” in Japanese after angering women’s rights campaigners. The owners of the Marble Arch branch of Kurobuta, which is close to Tony Blair’s main London residence on Connaught Square, sparked fury when they put up the signs written in Japanese script outside the venue last month. Shocked Japanese speakers realised that the blue installation translated as “prostitutes available” while the red one spelled out a highly offensive word that roughly translates as “slut” — and is only ever used against women. But Australian chef-owner Scott Hallsworth told the Standard: “I think the protests have been unfair.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/k ... 86401.html
Rei Murasame wrote:Why? If someone sets a table and covers it with things that I can't eat, why should I sit at that table? To get me at that table, it needs to simply not have those things on it. It's not that difficult.

So, when you're out with friends and they order pork chops, do you leave the table in disgust or just eat your fish&chips?

Rei Murasame wrote:Just admit that you have no justification for what you're doing.

Do you know why pork is forbidden in Islam? Because that would be cannibalism.
EU rope (emphasis added) wrote:So, when you're out with friends and they order pork chops,

My friends are pretty unlikely to do this, but let's take that as a hypothetical.

EU rope wrote:do you leave the table in disgust or just eat your fish&chips?

I would obviously leave, I'm not going to have the smell of pork chops wafting in my face the whole time.
Rei Murasame wrote:I would obviously leave, I'm not going to have the smell of pork chops wafting in my face the whole time.

If it invokes a physical reaction, that's perfectly understandable ... Interestingly, and even on topic - :

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2011/10/28/food/pig-in-japan-the-nations-most-popular-meat/#.VqZH2eTSlph

"The most popular type of meat by far in Japan is pork. Nearly as much pork is consumed as chicken and beef combined."

"If there is one dish that managed to spread the popularity of pork more than any other, it’s tonkatsu — a breaded and deep-fried pork cutlet or filet, akin to European dishes such as the schnitzel"

And Yes, there are Muslims in Japan too ... The stark architectural differentiation in the picture somewhat reflects the social ambiguity. This is purportedly the Newest and Largest Mosque in Japan (Tokyo).

Zam
I don't see how any of that is relevant. Japan's dietary practices are obviously unacceptable to me, I'm not writing here as a stupid jingoistic representative of Japan, since I'm pretty rough toward Asians on this issue too.

It's not about 'physical reaction', it's about showing disgust at something which is disgusting.

I've been known to break Asian etiquette by rudely refusing to sit with people on the basis that they are doing something that I don't want them to do. Whether you are white, Asian, or a fucking Martian, my reaction will be the same. My father held the same stance as me when he was alive. He just used to get up and walk out, without giving a fuck.

There are large elements of Asian society which are degenerate because of compromises that have needlessly been made over the last 100 years, compromises made by the haute-bourgoisie. Tolerating these compromises only perpetuates the degeneracy. If there's one thing I learned from my father it's the power of intolerance, especially when it is a small number of people showing their displeasure against degenerate actions by a large number of people.

Japan went from being a country that did not consume pork, to being a country where lots of people do consume it, in the space of 100 years. That is unacceptable and I don't have to tolerate it happening in my face, no matter who is doing it. The same logic applies to beef, and any of the other red meat restrictions that used to exist. The same logic applies region-wide as well.

But no one is using logic, everyone here is just looking at me like, "But if you would just eat pork then you could do it in front of the Muslims and offend them, so you should do it anyway, even though you believe that it is bad for you". Okay, I'm sure that the Muslims would also be outraged if I poured out a cup of gutter-water and drank that in front of them, but would that make it any less ridiculous? Like here, "Do a thing that is both physically and spiritually unhealthy for yourself, to spite Muslims who already hate you anyway! What a marvellous plan!"

EDIT: In fact, here's my words on this before, about 'extremism' in general:
Rei Murasame, Sat 28 Feb 2015, 1814 UTC (emphasis added) [context added] wrote:[...] It's just people doing what they were already told to do. Why would people be surprised at people doing what they were told to do?

Here's one from an Eastern perspective, the theory that eating red meat blocks up and inhibits the flow of prana/rlung within the body, thus making you less sensitive to spiritual matters (which depending on what you are trying to do, would be bad). So if I take that to its logical conclusion and refuse to eat any red meat [since it is the worst offender in that regard], is that 'extreme'? No, it's just following the instructions. If most people still walk around eating McDonalds like it's no big deal and no inhibition on their capabilities, whereas I refuse to do it, the facts are not a democracy. It would just mean that all the people in McDonalds holding Big Macs are wrong, and that the people in my camp are correct. Even if the ratio is 70% - 30%, facts are not a democracy and the 30% would be correct. [...]
Beef and pork aren't more unhealthy than any other meat, that's just BS. It's the factory farming that makes it unhealty, not to mention that it is just cruel to animals. Reduce overall meat consumptions to the levels of 100-150 years ago and ban factory farming. There's no need to ban certain kinds of meat.

And if you a violent vegan, pork-hater or eggplant-lover and can't stand my dietary habits, that's fine with me. Just sit somewhere else and don't impose your preferences on me.
Rei Murasame wrote:It's not about 'physical reaction', it's about showing disgust at something which is disgusting. I've been known to break Asian etiquette by rudely refusing to sit with people on the basis that they are doing something that I don't want them to do. Whether you are white, Asian, or a fucking Martian, my reaction will be the same. My father held the same stance as me when he was alive. He just used to get up and walk out, without giving a fuck.

It's often said that virtue is it's own reward, it's also it's own punishment. Put simply, you limit yourself and your potential. True "disgust" is a physical reaction ... to mimic it is just cheap dramatics.

Frollein wrote:And if you a violent vegan, or eggplant-lover

Well, I do like eggplant ... dipped in egg and cracker batter and fried ... yummy, Mushrooms too ...

Zam
Last edited by Zamuel on 25 Jan 2016 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rei Murasame wrote:Strawmanning me again. It's like you guys just can't stop accusing me of being a vegan.
Nope, vegan was just one example in a list of dietary fundamentalists who go around preaching that their way of eating is the only way and that everyone has to stop eating whatever they are used to and switch to their diet. I said I don't care what's your food obsession, you're free to eat whatever you want, just grant me the same freedom.
Rei Murasame wrote:Strawmanning me again. It's like you guys just can't stop accusing me of being a vegan.

And you can't understand the news is not about pissing off Muslims but defending the customs of Denmark from the same pretentious Muslims. If you have a guest, it's you who is going to set the table and decide the menu, not the guest.

Has Iran attacked Israel yet? The reality is, o[…]

@FiveofSwords how does the phrase "everyone[…]

According to who? They signed treaties with the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Put[…]