Best Of The Young Turks Election Day Meltdown 2016: From smug to utterly devastated. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Most of you by now are acquainted with the 'identity politics'-hucksters of 'The Young Turks'. They're basically complete amateurs and routinely curse on screen in order to express their intellectual incompetence. Particularly Kasparian is guilty of this little feat. Her great insights include: "You just fucking suck at life." and "You're a loser."

Anyway, here they are in all their sweaty glory, complete with a number of guest hosts. :excited:

- 13:38 - "We're socialized to hate each other." Why women voted for Trump.
- 19:00 - they're claiming that "they're the real media" and that Buzzfeed sucks for whatever reason.
- 19:17 - "To the muthafuckahs on twitter, I don't give a fuck, I'm ready for the revolution." :lol:
How are the identity hucksters of The Young Turks different in principle from the identity hucksters at Breitbart? Other than representing different identity groups, that is. Your smugness is not really all that different from anybody else's, if truth be told.
TYT is a group of special little ugly ducklings. One day they will become beautiful swans and destroy MSNBC or something or other. :excited:

Seriously though, who takes TYT all that seriously? They cover some interesting stories that other outlets don't bother with because they aren't interesting to a general audience but they are all editorial no straight news.
quetzalcoatl wrote:How are the identity hucksters of The Young Turks different in principle from the identity hucksters at Breitbart? Other than representing different identity groups, that is. Your smugness is not really all that different from anybody else's, if truth be told.

Breitbart has found great success by adopting an alt-right platform in which it responds to the regressive left, whereas The Young Turks is unadulterated 'identity politics' and chiefly seeks to push their neo-racist ethno-minority interests.
The Sabbaticus wrote:Breitbart has found great success by adopting an alt-right platform in which it responds to the regressive left, whereas The Young Turks is unadulterated 'identity politics' and chiefly seeks to push their neo-racist ethno-minority interests.

I was going to go on a rant about willful blindness, but whatever. I can't slam you too hard, since willful blindness brought us Hillary as the Democratic nominee.

Now, I obviously can't argue that Breitbart hasn't had "great success." But dude, please. The entire alt-right platform is premised on the centrality of ethnic interests - it's the very core of its worldview. So I will ask again, what distinguishes the neo-racist ethno-minority hucksterism of The Young Turks from the neo-racist ethno-minority hucksterism of Breitbart? If you cannot even confront reality, you are going to go down the same rabbit-hole that led to the Democrats' voluntary implosion.
But therein lies the fun part. In the contemporary 'identity politics' paradigm Breitbart can per definition not be a 'neo-racist ethno-minority huckster' outfit, as 'whites' are a nondescript majority without an identity, whereas minority groups are 'infinite mirror reflections' of their own 'ethno-identities' (from which they apparently can't escape). :excited:
The Sabbaticus wrote:But therein lies the fun part. In the contemporary 'identity politics' paradigm Breitbart can per definition not be a 'neo-racist ethno-minority huckster' outfit, as 'whites' are a nondescript majority without an identity, whereas minority groups are 'infinite mirror reflections' of their own 'ethno-identities' (from which they apparently can't escape). :excited:

Judging by this sequence of communications, this whole alt-right house of cards is going to tumble down quickly. There is literally nothing there besides a core of self pity. No ideas, no hope, no soul - just an ironic self-distance masking the nothingness inside. But maybe you're not really alt-right. Maybe you're playing one for the lulz.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]