Trump calling CNN "Very Fake News" - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:That girl was carried by more than one person as she was being rescued from a bombing.

There were a lot more interesting photos. But if you blindly trust media, then to argue with you is useless.

"White helmets" not only very selling as it has appeared, the organization, but also frankly cooperating with ISIL.

You didn't ask a question where all these "White helmets" in those areas where Saudi Arabia, for example, kills dozens of women and children?
Trump returns to scorched-earth politics
Tapper: Trump's presser was unhinged
LIVE UPDATES: McConnell a fan of Trump's acts, not tweets
Trump to black reporter: Set up meeting with black lawmakers
Reporter: When Trump said it, I was shocked
Republicans hang on for Trump's wild ride
Trump's full news conference: Watch it and read it

This is today's CNN headlines for Trump stories. Why would Trump possibly think they were biased? :lol:
Balancer wrote:There were a lot more interesting photos. But if you blindly trust media, then to argue with you is useless.

This is hilarious when you consider the fact that all the people spreading this meme did not bother to fact check it first. Who is actually the gullible one?

"White helmets" not only very selling as it has appeared, the organization, but also frankly cooperating with ISIL.

You didn't ask a question where all these "White helmets" in those areas where Saudi Arabia, for example, kills dozens of women and children?

I assume that since Saudi Arabia is a US ally, they can do whatever they want and the US owned media will look the other way.
Blackjack21 wrote:Wikileaks and DCLeaks revealed substantial coordination between the DNC and the media. So there is certainly two or more persons acting in furtherance of an end not intended by the first amendment. They are propaganda outlets now. Bezos didn't buy WaPo, because he was expecting a return on investment. It's more or less a liability for him. He uses it to further is political agenda, just as MSNBC furthers Microsoft's (Bill Gate's) political agenda. Wikileaks and DCLeaks laid it bare for the voter. Trump is now showing that Obama holdovers were coordinating with the media with respect to General Flynn. There's little doubt about this anymore.

The context in which you use, "the media," in the first sentence is useless. Was the DNC involved with FOX News and NBC news? Or with just the NYT, who was previously in bed with the Bush administration?

You are reducing, "the media," to mean, "stories that hurt my precious snowflake feelings."

I have absolutely no doubt that there is collusion and whatnot. But this is a capitalist institution in a capitalist system, and the motivation is to make money—not deal with your or anybody else's feelings.
The Immortal Goon wrote:The context in which you use, "the media," in the first sentence is useless. Was the DNC involved with FOX News and NBC news? Or with just the NYT, who was previously in bed with the Bush administration?

You are reducing, "the media," to mean, "stories that hurt my precious snowflake feelings."

I have absolutely no doubt that there is collusion and whatnot. But this is a capitalist institution in a capitalist system, and the motivation is to make money—not deal with your or anybody else's feelings.

Profit is part of it, but if this is their only purpose then they are idiots. Fox is by far the most profitable. The other news outlets should be copying them to improve profitability. They are not. It is obvious profit is not the most important motive.
In so far as they are businesses then media does have a profit motive but one wins profits by pleasing customers. If media present fake news for profits then it is their customers that like fake news. If they present fake news regardless of ratings and profits then something else is going on.

One Degree wrote:Profit is part of it, but if this is their only purpose then they are idiots. Fox is by far the most profitable. The other news outlets should be copying them to improve profitability. They are not. It is obvious profit is not the most important motive.

Their ratings went down after an election? Shocking!

And yet the ratings of CNN and MSNBC were among the highest they've ever had.

Here is the amount of airtime CNN gave each GOP candidate:

Here's the bought v. free airtime break down:

Quite frankly, the fake tears shed by the president are to rile people like you up. He gets up on his pulpit, prostates himself like a victim, and asks all of you to feel bad for what a victim he is so you'll support him harder. Here he is explaining his strategy:

Washington Examiner wrote:...even a critical story, which may be hurtful personally, can be very valuable to your business.

One thing I've learned about the press is that they're always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. It's in the nature of the job, and I understand that...

The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you. I've always done things a little differently, I don't mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious...The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me.

Before everybody gets their feelings hurt and lashes out, I'm pointing out that this is a corrupt part of capitalism. This is how it works, this is how the press has always worked, this is how politicians use it. There is nothing new here. This does not mean it's in any way democratic, in fact the opposite:

Lenin wrote:If we look more closely into the machinery of capitalist democracy, we see everywhere, in the “petty”--supposedly petty--details of the suffrage (residential qualifications, exclusion of women, etc.), in the technique of the representative institutions, in the actual obstacles to the right of assembly (public buildings are not for “paupers”!), in the purely capitalist organization of the daily press, etc., etc.,--we see restriction after restriction upon democracy. These restrictions, exceptions, exclusions, obstacles for the poor seem slight, especially in the eyes of one who has never known want himself and has never been inclose contact with the oppressed classes in their mass life (and nine out of 10, if not 99 out of 100, bourgeois publicists and politicians come under this category); but in their sum total these restrictions exclude and squeeze out the poor from politics, from active participation in democracy.

But CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and Trump all made record amounts of money from you. They're still doing so, and you're happily licking their palms because they ask you to. If you really want some kind of democracy, look at the numbers and who is profiting.

If you're happy with your masters making your feelings feel sad, then I guess continue to do as you're directed and feel as your told.
:?: You ignored my post and posted a bunch of stuff. What your post does it take all the bad media coverage Trump got and try to make it look like the media was doing him a favor. :lol:
I said nothing about election coverage. Fox made a profit of 1.7 Billion dollars last year. CNN came in second with only one billion. If profit is the motive, then they should be copying Fox and supporting Trump more. Profit is not the motive unless you are arguing they are really bad business people.
One Degree wrote::?: You ignored my post and posted a bunch of stuff. What your post does it take all the bad media coverage Trump got and try to make it look like the media was doing him a favor. :lol:

That wasn't their intention to help him but actually their incessant trump bashing may have helped him accidentally and not just because supposedly there is no such thing as bad publicity but just because the source of the bashing is so disreputable that whichever way they try to persuade it has the opposite effect on their target. They would have harmed Trump more by praising him.
One Degree wrote:Fox made a profit of 1.7 Billion dollars last year. CNN came in second with only one billion.

Yes, I'm sure getting the highest ratings they've had since 1995 and being only .7 behind their biggest competitor is going to make CNN totally rethink its entire strategy.

SolarCross wrote:that wasn't their intention

Ugh, you liberals and your feelings. What they felt inside of their heart of hearts is completely irrelevant. Trump, in that quote, made it clear that he is looking for a reaction. The press is looking for a reaction. They're both laughing at your insistence on the purity of their snowflake feelings all the way to the bank.

Nobody cares how you feel. Why do you insist that it's important what other people feel?
SolarCross wrote:that wasn't their intention

The Immortal Goon wrote:Ugh, you liberals and your feelings. What they felt inside of their heart of hearts is completely irrelevant. Trump, in that quote, made it clear that he is looking for a reaction. The press is looking for a reaction. They're both laughing at your insistence on the purity of their snowflake feelings all the way to the bank.

Nobody cares how you feel. Why do you insist that it's important what other people feel?

TIG is triggered. :lol: .. by the word "intention". :lol:
SolarCross wrote:TIG is triggered

If that means I'm almost physically fatigued every time I'm asked to ignore reality and go on a fantastic voyage of people's feelings, then yes, I sure am.

But let's hear this out: why does it matter what people's precious snowflake feels were saying at the moment more than the actual results and subsequent reality?
I said nothing about election coverage. Fox made a profit of 1.7 Billion dollars last year. CNN came in second with only one billion. If profit is the motive, then they should be copying Fox and supporting Trump more. Profit is not the motive unless you are arguing they are really bad business people.

:eh:

They would be competing for the same market then. Obviously they are not going to fight for views an already established channel is already servicing. That would not be very profitable. You know nothing.
The Immortal Goon wrote:If that means I'm almost physically fatigued every time I'm asked to ignore reality and go on a fantastic voyage of people's feelings, then yes, I sure am.

But let's hear this out: why does it matter what people's precious snowflake feels were saying at the moment more than the actual results and subsequent reality?

It doesn't matter much why CNN are obsessively slandering Trump but it isn't completely uninteresting either.

I don't know how you go through life expecting people to behave like rocks or computer programs and then be perpetually freaking out when gods forbid they don't. Human beings are not inanimate objects, our emotions are what make us go, the clue is in the word emotion. You can't ignore it altogether and expect to understand anything.
Last edited by SolarCross on 17 Feb 2017 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Wow, maybe Trump shouldn't have run for president if he can't handle criticism of his lies or his ineffective, poorly planned efforts at administration.

Lolling at Trump supporters becoming that crying gay boy shouting, "Leave President Trump alone!!", but with running fake tan instead of mascara.

Coincidentally, Trump sent Kushner to complain to the president of Time-Warner about CNN because he's a little bitch. Speculation is that they're going to try to blackmail them by denying a corporate merger application but also sending an underling to complain on your behalf is a pretty bitch move that shows you don't have the power in this situation.
Decky wrote::eh:

They would be competing for the same market then. Obviously they are not going to fight for views an already established channel is already servicing. That would not be very profitable. You know nothing.

Yes, because it would be really stupid of them to try to take some of their market. :lol: How do you expect them to increase profit without taking viewers away from others? Simply not being so obviously biased against Trump would increase their market and they know it. They choose not to do it. Maybe, in all your great wisdom, you can explain how it would not be profitable to win over Fox viewers? :?:
If they started sucking Trumps dick they might steal some Fox viewers but they would loose the viewers they already have who don't like him. If you want to keep pushing this conspiracy theory about the evil left wing media then fine but it is bollocks. The media in a capitalist nation has one simple role. To make money, there is no hidden motive to discover.
Decky wrote:If they started sucking Trumps dick they might steal some Fox viewers but they would loose the viewers they already have who don't like him. If you want to keep pushing this conspiracy theory about the evil left wing media then fine but it is bollocks. The media in a capitalist nation has one simple role. To make money, there is no hidden motive to discover.

The media has the lowest rating of public trust in history, and you think they should keep doing what they are doing because it is profitable. :?: I read a long time ago that you do not have to know much about business to get rich. You simply need to copy what the 'best in the business' is doing. Anyone ignoring the maxim must have other goals or be stupid. Fox has no serious competition for the conservative market. The liberal media has lots of competition. It is obvious where the opportunity for easy expansion is.
Decky wrote:If they started sucking Trumps dick they might steal some Fox viewers but they would loose the viewers they already have who don't like him. If you want to keep pushing this conspiracy theory about the evil left wing media then fine but it is bollocks. The media in a capitalist nation has one simple role. To make money, there is no hidden motive to discover.

Another leftist incapable of understanding human nature. The bills have to be paid so yes everyone wants to make some money, even you, but there are always many other motivations whirling around in people's heads. Plenty of people will take a relative financial loss in trade for some other perceived benefit.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]