Trump calling CNN "Very Fake News" - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

One Degree wrote:Trump used this to detract from the new policies issued on immigration control at the same time. It has worked beautifully. He is playing the liberal press like the short sighted morons they are. :lol: They are so eager to jump on his tweets that they ignore what is really going on.

You seem to be making two contradicting claims: that Trump is in conflict with a press that hates him, and that Trump is manipulating the press to do what he wants.

Which is it? It cannot be both.
One Degree wrote:Trump used this to detract from the new policies issued on immigration control at the same time. It has worked beautifully. He is playing the liberal press like the short sighted morons they are. :lol: They are so eager to jump on his tweets that they ignore what is really going on.

Trump is a serial liar. It's not acceptable for the president to continually lie and it seems that it is only a matter of time before he has to resign but alas he will probably have to be pushed out of office.

Trump himself told a lie when he indicated that major news networks deliberately avoid reporting on terrorism. When asked to provide a few examples, the White House gave a list of attacks. Reporters from Fox News, CNN, CBS News, and more immediately fired back to defend themselves and their competitors, giving examples of attack coverage. Shep Smith enthused that the claim was “not true.” Norah O’Donnell clarified that “facts matter.” In fact, the Los Angeles Timeswon a Pulitzer for its in-depth reporting on one of the attacks from the list.

Trump made the bold claim that the murder rate in America is the highest it has been in 47 years. Again, that is not true. Large cities are experiencing the biggest annual increase in the murder rate in 45 years, but that means something very different than, “The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years.”

Tapper asked Conway about that quote when he interviewed her on the 7th. He, too, stated that the statistic as Trump says it is false.

Sean Spicer and Trump were caught in the same lie when Spicer said and Trump tweeted that Trump’s Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, was not talking about the President when he said that he was “disheartened” by certain attitudes toward the judiciary. Democratic senator Richard Blumenthal stated that Gorsuch had expressed his displeasure with Trump’s tweets about Judge James Robart, as did Republican Ben Sasse. On top of all of that, Gorsuch’s own spokespeople stated that he had been referring to Trump’s tweets. To really hit home the point that Spicer and Trump were lying and that yes, Gorsuch was referring to Trump’s tweets when he said he was “disheartened,” CNN used a double-layered fact-checking chyron yesterday.

Speaking of Blumenthal, Trump erroneously accused Chris Cuomo of not asking Blumenthal about his own past lies while interviewing on CNN yesterday, which was, again, the 9th. In fact, Cuomo had asked Blumenthal, “What is your response to the president of the United States, who says you should not be believed because you misrepresented your military record in the past?”

After Trump tweeted the accusation, two things happened. Cuomo himself called Trump out on-air and pointed out that he had asked Blumenthal the very thing Trump said he had not and CNN’s PR department once againjumped in to correct the record with a video.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-wee ... briefings/
Pants-of-dog wrote:You seem to be making two contradicting claims: that Trump is in conflict with a press that hates him, and that Trump is manipulating the press to do what he wants.

Of course it can be both. What is it you don't understand about using your enemy?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then the media is not actually in conflict with Trump. They are instead doing exactly what Trump wants, and the supposed conflict is actually what Trump wants.

No they are still in conflict. It's just chess-style conflict. He is using them to orchestrate his next election win, while they are simultaneously trying to sabotage it.

Ever played a game of chess where you know the other player is forcing you to make certain moves and lose all your pieces? Can be frustrating.
Yes I truly believe the guy who picks fights with babies and veterans' families is definitely thinking long term here. We're surely not ascribing more complex and intellectual motivations to a white house so chaotic and incompetent that they literally hold meetings in the dark because they can't figure out how to turn on the light.

Trump is really smart guys, that's why he needs his intelligence reports boiled down to bullet points and pretty pictures. Anyone saying Trump is less than perfect is obviously delusional and has some kind of axe to grind, because daddy Trump is objectively perfect in every way.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yes I truly believe the guy who picks fights with babies and veterans' families is definitely thinking long term here. We're surely not ascribing more complex and intellectual motivations to a white house so chaotic and incompetent that they literally hold meetings in the dark because they can't figure out how to turn on the light.

Trump is really smart guys, that's why he needs his intelligence reports boiled down to bullet points and pretty pictures. Anyone saying Trump is less than perfect is obviously delusional and has some kind of axe to grind, because daddy Trump is objectively perfect in every way.

Yet he outsmarted both the Republican and Democratic parties all the way to the White House. :lol: He is the smartest person in Washington, but admittedly that is not difficult.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lol sorry I made fun of daddy. Your daddy is big, and strong, and nobody is laughing at him.

Thank you for the apology. Could you and the media now go after the real culprits (Republican Party) instead of attacking Trump while they pursue the real damage. All the media frenzy over Trump and he is virtually on the Democrats side compared to the Republican Party. Dumb people don't even know who the real enemy is.
Yeah the guy who blindly signs Executive Orders definitely doesn't deserve criticism or scrutiny.

I like how you pretend there are loftier goals and reasons for thinking news agencies have to be nice to Trump but it's literally, "Leave Trumpie alone!" while spraytanned tears roll down your cheeks.

Trump doesn't seem to be able to handle criticism well. Maybe he should have thought about that before running for president?
Oops, I posted under TRUMP CALLS IT LIKE IT IS; THE ESTABLISHMENT CAN'T TAKE IT when I meant to post here.
I saw that and lol that the only thing Trump seems to be able to plan for is obviously his public image, assuming he directed it and buying similar websites isn't just common practice now (I just skimmed it, you should format it a bit better if you repost).
SpecialOlympian wrote:I saw that and lol that the only thing Trump seems to be able to plan for is obviously his public image, assuming he directed it and buying similar websites isn't just common practice now (I just skimmed it, you should format it a bit better if you repost).

All the websites were traced back to one law firm, so he has people doing the planning for him. They show sites he bought in 2012 were for his presidential bid. He is either a planner or knows to hire those who are.
colliric wrote:No they are still in conflict. It's just chess-style conflict. He is using them to orchestrate his next election win, while they are simultaneously trying to sabotage it.

Ever played a game of chess where you know the other player is forcing you to make certain moves and lose all your pieces? Can be frustrating.

So Trump wants the media to act like this. Got it.
colliric wrote:No they are still in conflict. It's just chess-style conflict. He is using them to orchestrate his next election win, while they are simultaneously trying to sabotage it.

Trump's enemy is not the press, per se. His enemy is representative democracy itself. That is why he must target all independent checks against his power. This includes, but is not limited to, an independent judiciary, a non-government controlled press, civilian control of the military, the legitimacy of the electoral process, and most of all the the loyal opposition.

These institutions were already enfeebled by decades of oligarchic control trumping the official government. Trump represents the end stage of representative democracy. It's no use blaming Trump supporters, since the process predated them by many decades.

What I do blame Trump voters for is not recognizing the obvious. He is not an alternative to the oligarchy but its inheritor. So while you grin and wave goodbye to an independent judiciary and a free press as they recede in the rear-view mirror, just remember there's no going back.
colliric wrote:
No they are still in conflict. It's just chess-style conflict. He is using them to orchestrate his next election win, while they are simultaneously trying to sabotage it.

I believe you are making the mistake that Pants-of-dog has a clue about chess strategy. I would bet that he doesn't even know the rules of the game.
Hindsite wrote:I believe you are making the mistake that Pants-of-dog has a clue about chess strategy. I would bet that he doesn't even know the rules of the game.

This is totally ludicrous. Trump cannot put together a sentence, much less play 7-dimensional chess. He is totally dependent on the gray eminence syndrome. It was Roy Cohn when he was a young man, now it is Bannon.

And what is it with Trump stocking his cabinet with enemies? It's as bizarre as Lenin putting together a central committee made up of Mensheviks, SRs, and the odd Tsarist. This is one unique way of putting together a revolution.
quetzalcoatl wrote:
And what is it with Trump stocking his cabinet with enemies? It's as bizarre as Lenin putting together a central committee made up of Mensheviks, SRs, and the odd Tsarist. This is one unique way of putting together a revolution.

I perceive another example of a leftist that Trump has driven insane.
Hindsite wrote:I perceive another example of a leftist that Trump has driven insane.

A short drive, innit?

Nevertheless, it was Bannon (not me) who described himself as a Leninist, and expressed a desire to bring the whole system crashing down. Me, I'm just a retired working stiff. Setting dumpster fires ain't my thing.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You seem to be making two contradicting claims: that Trump is in conflict with a press that hates him, and that Trump is manipulating the press to do what he wants.

I think colliric has a very solid rebuttal to your construct. Trump is using them, because he has deconstructed political correctness; and, they have not realized that their "formula" doesn't work on him. Look how easy it was to flummox Jeb Bush on the Planned Parenthood stuff. You can't go along with political correctness and win as a conservative. The whole point is to prevent the conservative from winning. So Trump simply refuses to play the game. When they throw a hissy fit, he gets free press. He's been playing this game the whole time, because he knows that their minds are accustomed to political correctness. He's predicting their next move.

anarchist23 wrote:Trump is a serial liar. It's not acceptable for the president to continually lie and it seems that it is only a matter of time before he has to resign but alas he will probably have to be pushed out of office.

Don't you think this is a bit naive? ALL politicians lie. That's a big part of what they do. The question is who are they lying to, and who is getting the shaft? "Read my lips, no new taxes." That was George H.W. Bush's lie, and it cost him the White House. "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period." That was the first stanza of Obama's lie, but he staggered implementation of ObamaCare so that he didn't pay the political consequences of it himself. The problem now is that the Democratic Party has paid the political consequences. It's still vastly unpopular. However, the idea that a politician telling lies is going force them to have to resign is a bit much. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky." Really? He got prosecuted and disbarred, but he didn't have to leave office prematurely.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Then the media is not actually in conflict with Trump.

That's like saying Assad is not actually in conflict with ISIS. The media coordinates its narrative with the DNC and left wing activist groups. They have been doing this for a long time. It has angered conservatives for a long time and turned them against Republicans who do nothing about it. Wikileaks exposed it clear as day. The problem for them is one of ratings needed to get their advertising dollars, which Trump provides; and, using the ratings to trash Trump, which causes him to call them "fake news."

Trump understands media and ratings well. No coverage is bad coverage. It's not about approval, it's about ratings.

One Degree wrote:Yet he outsmarted both the Republican and Democratic parties all the way to the White House.

That is the amazing thing about this. They still can't believe it. The power of money actually is what is taking the big hit. Trump showed you could win against absolutely superior financial firepower and still prevail. However, he exposed their formula and laid it bare and now it's just a worthless talisman. Political correctness was their lucky rabbit foot for so long, and it's lost its charm.

quetzlcoatl wrote:This includes, but is not limited to, an independent judiciary, a non-government controlled press, civilian control of the military, the legitimacy of the electoral process, and most of all the the loyal opposition.

Laying all of that at Trump's feet is a bit rich. The judiciary should be indpendent, but it should be checked by Congress, who rarely ever impeaches a judge when they should be impeached more regularly. The press is in bed with the Democratic party and NGOs to a signficant degree, and the government buys a lot from them in terms of paid propaganda, overt and covert. So how independent really is CNN? If you want independent journalism, you're looking at much smaller outlets. Mark Dice isn't controlled by the government, but he's not much of a journalist either. Trump is a civilian, and he is in control of the military. As far as trashing the electoral process, the so-called independent press is doing that now at the behest of the Democratic Party insinuating that "Russia hacked the election" when they know that Russia did not tamper with ballots, ballot counting machines or the vote count at all. They are destroying their own credibility. What Wikileaks revealed was the coordination of what we always suspected was going on. Now we know that the Flynn piece was a coordinated attack between DNC holdovers and the media. There really is no doubt about this stuff anymore.

I mean, I knew it back in 2004 when Dan Rather colluded with his producer to create a fake letter about Bush's military service. Except, they used a word processor with a font that wasn't in existence on the typewriters of the day. It was an obvious fake and ended Dan Rather's career rather than Bush's. It's good to see Trump attacking them. They richly deserve it.

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]