Trump calling CNN "Very Fake News" - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

As I have stated elsewhere, Trump needs the Media on his side and if he cannot win them over with his tirelessly amusing press conferences, he will attempt to silence them through other means. As has been more or less proven in this thread, Trump and Media feed off each-other, since Trump provides endless sensational headlines that are media gold for clickbait. That said, clearly some networks and papers are more aggressively anti-Trump than others. Trump will continue to use his influence to force those networks and agencies to align, so that he can continue to press his agenda.
CNN actually had a conservative columnist listed in their main headlines yesterday. They are starting to see the light. All the media is biased and if Trump's criticism can force them to moderate their bias then we are all winners. Keep attacking them Trump until they go back to who, what, when, why, where, and how.
The myth of an objective press has always been just that, a myth. What is crucial is the fact that they are not controlled. You want a freer press, break-up the corporate control of the media. Trump is a voice that is different than most of the corporate controlled press, OK gotta give you that one. But he is spreading propaganda as surely as they are. What Trump is objecting to, is that they refuse to obediently spread his propaganda.

Note that I'm not saying Trump is especially different in this regard. He is just more open and cavalier about clamping down on the press and judiciary. All I'm saying is that, Trump is taking us over a line that will be very hard to come back from. All subsequent executives must now necessarily follow this paradigm.
Hindsite wrote:I believe you are making the mistake that Pants-of-dog has a clue about chess strategy. I would bet that he doesn't even know the rules of the game.

So instead of wrting an intelligent rebuttal to what I said, you just try and insult me.

Lol.

I think Trump is actually manipulating the press, and the whole "the media is against me" thing is theatre designed to get conservatives all wound up and defending him. After all, the whole MSM conspiracy theory originated with conservatives.
This, apparently, is what your founding fathers had in mind when they gave the press it's rights and freedoms. The news papers frequently had the party's name embedded in the paper's name, and were thoroughly biased

Now, I'm sure Hillary supporters would point out she's endured a lifetime of insulting spin and lies, and doubtlessly, her detractors would mention that she's told whoppers herself, but *dear God* Trump's lies are Olympic in every conceivable way. Maybe through legislation and Fact check. Org you could find a way to rein it in
quetzalcoatl wrote:The myth of an objective press has always been just that, a myth. What is crucial is the fact that they are not controlled. You want a freer press, break-up the corporate control of the media. Trump is a voice that is different than most of the corporate controlled press, OK gotta give you that one. But he is spreading propaganda as surely as they are. What Trump is objecting to, is that they refuse to obediently spread his propaganda.

Note that I'm not saying Trump is especially different in this regard. He is just more open and cavalier about clamping down on the press and judiciary. All I'm saying is that, Trump is taking us over a line that will be very hard to come back from. All subsequent executives must now necessarily follow this paradigm.

Bill Clinton gave control of the press to big corporations. Trump must fight that the best he can. You can not fight the establishment and back away from destroying them. Our media is part of the establishment. It needs to change or be destroyed. Our courts have become political tools, so they must change or be destroyed. I certainly don't believe Trump is going to replace either with a better alternative, but their change or destruction is necessary before we can find a better alternative. We have become too corrupt to expect minor changes to be of much help. Trump is shaking things up and we need to use that to our advantage to find better alternatives. As they say, "you can not make an omelette without breaking some eggs."
One Degree wrote:Bill Clinton gave control of the press to big corporations. Trump must fight that the best he can. You can not fight the establishment and back away from destroying them. Our media is part of the establishment. It needs to change or be destroyed. Our courts have become political tools, so they must change or be destroyed. I certainly don't believe Trump is going to replace either with a better alternative, but their change or destruction is necessary before we can find a better alternative. We have become too corrupt to expect minor changes to be of much help. Trump is shaking things up and we need to use that to our advantage to find better alternatives. As they say, "you can not make an omelette without breaking some eggs."

Yes, everything must be reshaped in the will and image of a lazy moron who represents less than half of the voters.

This is completely reasonable and you are certainly not worshiping daddy or baptizing yourself in piss, nosiree. Daddy can not fail, he can only be failed. The courts, media, and even we have failed him by not believing hard enough.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yes, everything must be reshaped in the will and image of a lazy moron who represents less than half of the voters.

This is completely reasonable and you are certainly not worshiping daddy or baptizing yourself in piss, nosiree. Daddy can not fail, he can only be failed. The courts, media, and even we have failed him by not believing hard enough.

It is always refreshing to see someone start coming around to reasonable thinking. I knew you could do it. I hope I live another four years to see you cheering on Trump's second victory. :D
What seems to be coming from these conversations is no surprise.

People that lean left are living in reality and say, "The press is there to make money, and Trump is using them for his own purposes."

People that mean right don't disagree, but are obsessed with adding how their precious snowflake little feelings are rattled when the feelings they feel someone else is feeling are involved. This way they can feel like victims, and there's nothing a right winger loves more than whining endlessly about being a victim. There is no other reason to continue obsessing about how they feel that the press feels too leftist to them, despite everybody agreeing on the actual realities of this situation.

So, if it makes ye feel any better, your precious feelings must be mighty hurt and you're all sad little victims and here's the pity you wanted.
It seems a lot of people here have recently fallen off the turnip truck.

The media is not liberal or left in any sense. The mainstream media collaborated in promoting the Iraq War, the NY Times leading the way. Fake news all the way, baby. And while it's true they despise Trump, it was no less true for FDR:

What they hate about Trump is not his politics, about which they could care less. They hate the fact that he is a classless noveau riche parvenu who inherited his wealth, while they are brown-noses who fought their way through the system. They hate Trump as much as they hate the classless slobs who voted for him. Nevertheless, they never miss an opportunity to give him air time because money.

The media is not 'left.' They don't give a damn about extreme income inequality - they never give it a second thought. The media did everything in its power to ignore Sanders as long as they could get away with it, because Sanders is purely infra dig in corporate boardrooms. They have given Trump uncounted millions in free air time to bolster their ratings, because they just don't give a damn about anything but the money.
The news media has always been 'yellow', but made a brief effort in the 50's and 60's to practice real journalism. What you saw with FDR, is not the same as what you are seeing now. FDR lived in a time with newspaper owners were little kings who espoused their own version of the truth. It had no larger consequences on politics.
Today you are seeing a mass hysteria where everyone is jumping upon the 'bandwagon' of their choice. This is mass propaganda based upon emotion with no real ultimate goal. Everyone, CEO's included, want to be on the right side and destroy the enemy. Simply put, we have all gone pretty nuts.
One Degree wrote:The news media has always been 'yellow', but made a brief effort in the 50's and 60's to practice real journalism. What you saw with FDR, is not the same as what you are seeing now. FDR lived in a time with newspaper owners were little kings who espoused their own version of the truth. It had no larger consequences on politics.
Today you are seeing a mass hysteria where everyone is jumping upon the 'bandwagon' of their choice. This is mass propaganda based upon emotion with no real ultimate goal. Everyone, CEO's included, want to be on the right side and destroy the enemy. Simply put, we have all gone pretty nuts.

Leave daddy alone!!!
The level of brainwashing of right wingers is absolutely amazing. They have been watching fake news for years (Fox News) that there are numerous examples of the hypocrisy and spin and lies coming from them. Even executives claimed that they were entertainment, not news. But they peddled this garbage that only they were fair and balanced. All of science, universities, education, media, TV, movies, history, everything else was all liberally biased. So they made up this "main stream media" bullshit to go. Fox news has taught them how to dodge and deflect valid arguments, how to lie, and to basically think facts are up to opinion and believe. The ratings of Fox (which ironically conservatives like to tout as some kind of badge) just shows the dishonesty of many right wingers that flock to obvious bs instead of the real facts.

Now they just double down on the stupid, just call what they don't like "fake news" and that's all they have to say. Meanwhile, fake news from Brietbart and the likes is what got Trump elected. These people are so brainwashed or just completely stupid that they can't see how they are getting played. They don't even try to hide it, its like open disdain for the very people that blindly follow anything they said.

Seriously, most right wingers (apologies to those still rational) have absolutely no credibility. THey have shown themselves to be the ultimate hypocrites. They live off fake news, but like they do with everything, they try to deflect onto liberals. It's not fooling anybody.

And lets be real, you people are the minority. Trump has woken a sleeping giant, and the more people that get out and vote, the less likely people catering to the right wing nutjobs stand a chance. Trump only one because many people stayed home. Fact is, you still only represent 25% of the people in this country
Do you feel better now?
Do you honestly believe that everyone who voted for Trump did so out of ignorance?
Do you honestly believe that intelligent people can't disagree on solutions to problems?
You are living in a world that creates fake enemies out of groups, then you hate the group. This is insanity.
We are not groups, we are individuals. You will not be a thinking individual until you dismiss 'group think'.
It is easy to hate blacks, Christians, Muslims, whites, etc. It is much harder when you choose to see them as individuals. Viewing them as a group is dehumanizing which is the first step in justifying their destruction. Everyone seems willing to fall for this nonsense today and I have no idea how we have become this stupid.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]