Trump calling CNN "Very Fake News" - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14777585
One Degree wrote:It is no longer about the money


Nope. You are trying to distort the most basic economics into a conspiracy against someone connected to your feelings and sense of identity. They know that and are using that against you.
#14777587
The Immortal Goon wrote:Nope. You are trying to distort the most basic economics into a conspiracy against someone connected to your feelings and sense of identity. They know that and are using that against you.

You don't know anything about economics, you're a marxist. Shoo fly no one wants your kooky communism; who wants to forage for grass to make soup when we could just go the supermarket?
#14777589
SolarCross wrote:You don't know anything about economics, you're a marxist. Shoo fly no one wants your kooky communism; who wants to forage for grass to make soup when we could just go the supermarket?


Image
#14777590
@TIG it remains you have no place accusing anyone of ignoring or failing to understand economics, as marxist you are not even remotely a credible authority on the subject. We might as well take a lecture in astrophysics from a true bible believer.
#14777592
SolarCross wrote:@TIG it remains you have no place accusing anyone of ignoring or failing to understand economics, as marxist you are not even remotely a credible authority on the subject. We might as well take a lecture in astrophysics from a true bible believer.


Image
#14777593
Ad hominem? lol from TIG whose every "argument" consists of accusing everyone else of being a crybaby.

Person X: "hey did you see Trump roast that CNN dude for being fake news?"

TIG totally triggered: "WAAH no it never happened you are just a crybaby, going on about your feelings!"

Person X: lol.
#14777595
SolarCross wrote:Ad hominem? lol from TIG whose every "argument" consists of accusing everyone else of being a crybaby.

Person X: hey did you see Trump roast that CNN dude for being fake news? IT'S A CONSPIRACY because my feelings are hurt.

TIG totally triggered: Your feelings do not make it a conspiracy. Here are charts and studies.

Person X: I tacitly admit that I cannot use logic, I'm just a special snowflake that extends my feelings to reality. I feel sorry that you use logic and reality instead of my magical fairyland of rainbows that collapses upon the slightest strain of reality


There, I fixed it for you since I'm assuming you're Person X.

Citation:

SolarCross wrote:I don't know how you go through life expecting people to behave like rocks or computer programs and then be perpetually freaking out when gods forbid they don't. Human beings are not inanimate objects, our emotions are what make us go, the clue is in the word emotion. You can't ignore it altogether and expect to understand anything.
#14777597
Communist ideology starts to fall apart if they admit it is not all about the money. I had no expectations of convincing them otherwise. ;) The illogical idea of hating capitalism while making everything about money seems to elude them.
#14777599
One Degree wrote:Communist ideology starts to fall apart if they admit it is not all about the money.


I fully admit that I should have known that the pair of ye would assume "power" was in reference to some kind of snowflake special feeling instead of the relation to base or even superstructure.

I find my intention extremely obvious, but I sometimes forget that liberals cannot seperate how special their feelings are from objective reality.

But I have something of an admission that your argument falls apart the moment you look at it rationally instead of through how you feel about it. So there's that.
#14777600
The Immortal Goon wrote:I fully admit that I should have known that the pair of ye would assume "power" was in reference to some kind of snowflake special feeling instead of the relation to base or even superstructure.

I find my intention extremely obvious, but I sometimes forget that liberals cannot seperate how special their feelings are from objective reality.

But I have something of an admission that your argument falls apart the moment you look at it rationally instead of through how you feel about it. So there's that.


Yes, I am tired of a materialistic world. I think one based upon how people feel will be superior. That is why I like local autonomy since we all don't feel the same.
#14777602
The Immortal Goon wrote:The context in which you use, "the media," in the first sentence is useless. Was the DNC involved with FOX News and NBC news? Or with just the NYT, who was previously in bed with the Bush administration?

You are reducing, "the media," to mean, "stories that hurt my precious snowflake feelings."

I have absolutely no doubt that there is collusion and whatnot. But this is a capitalist institution in a capitalist system, and the motivation is to make money—not deal with your or anybody else's feelings.


I'm not a marxist or communist but I agree with this. It's quite obvious. Trump behaves as if he is the first President to have to deal with partisan media and his supporters assume that anything less than absolute support is "fake news". Newsflash: No President has enjoyed total media support, nor the absence of mud. Considering his behaviour and character, he should consider himself quite lucky and privileged.
#14777603
One Degree wrote:Yes, I am tired of a materialistic world. I think one based upon how people feel will be superior. That is why I like local autonomy since we all don't feel the same.


I actually don't have a problem with this. It is, to some degree, Owenism, or even how conservatives in Oregon are--which I don't necessarily have a problem with. They want to be left alone.

I argue that their emotions, how the feel, all that stuff comes from their interaction with the material. At some level this is unprovable (though I maintain the evidence is strong enough).

Nonetheless, fair play. I do tend to notice that a lot of people, especially on the right, presume that their positions are not as you describe, but objectively correct. When it is pointed out that this is not the case and they're making an emotional argument instead of a logical one, they tend to get irrational about it.

But what's a goon to say to someone that says, "Sure, maybe you're right, but I just want to be around people that feel like I feel whether it's objectively true or not?"
#14777610
But what's a goon to say to someone that says, "Sure, maybe you're right, but I just want to be around people that feel like I feel whether it's objectively true or not?"


Once you decide that 'objectively true' is just what is currently popularly accepted, then it becomes much easier to prefer a different basis of reality. I don't know how others feel, but for me, I believe there are lots of ways to arrive at objective truth and it may not be the same for everyone. I feel the worst way is to follow what is currently popular. Mark Twain again,
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
So, I don't see it as rejecting objectivity so much as preferring looking for it in my own way.
#14777618
Balancer wrote:Fair answer. If you recognize it, then you shall recognize also, as all slogans about democracy, and various accusations of Russia in crimes is the investigation of the same line item. And most often these accusations have no relation to reality.


I do not think the accusations (or lack thereof) about Russia are motivated by the same geopolitical thinking.
#14777635
There are many different 'majorities.' Most people feel comfortable in a particular group that reflects their personal world view.

I don't want to be comfortable. Oh, sure, it's nice to be comfortable in the material sense. But I don't want to be comfortable in an intellectual or spiritual sense. In some sense, a lot of you must feel something of this as well. Why else would you come here to listen to people tell you you're full of crap? You could just chuck it, and listen to Bretibart or Huffington Post, if it were only a matter of personal affirmation.

You're not going to convince anyone, so the best you can do is butt heads with intelligent people who have different outlooks. At best you may learn something, at worst you may see some of the cracks in your own thinking.

It's like when you see the doctor, and you suspect maybe something bad is in your future. Do you want the hopeful spin or do you want the unvarnished truth? Me, I'll take the ugly truth any day - let me take care of the optimism and hope on my own.

Implicit in this argument is the notion is that there is an actual truth. I believe that there is, and it exists independently of whether you or I agree with it or whether it fits anyone's preconceptions.
#14778051
Saeko wrote:
Trump is playing 7-dimensional chess with the media.


Speaking of chess, here is what Garry Kasparov, former Russian World Chess Champion, says Trump should do about Putin.

#14778178
Veteran journalist and Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein hammered President Trump today for saying that the political media is the “enemy of the American people.”

The president is getting significant blowback recently, both for blasting the press during his Thursday press conference, and for a tweet yesterday that lists several major outlets as “the enemy.” Bernstein has been critical of Trump for months, and he now says that Trump’s slams against the press are on a “more treacherous” level than Richard Nixon:
#14778182
Veteran journalist and Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein hammered President Trump today for saying that the political media is the “enemy of the American people.”

The president is getting significant blowback recently, both for blasting the press during his Thursday press conference, and for a tweet yesterday that lists several major outlets as “the enemy.” Bernstein has been critical of Trump for months, and he now says that Trump’s slams against the press are on a “more treacherous” level than Richard Nixon:


Thanks for providing more evidence of the media slandering Trump by printing meaningless verbiage. Trying to equate Watergate to Trump without saying so. Pathetic. Not one single fact in the article, just propaganda.
#14778184
One Degree wrote:Thanks for providing more evidence of the media slandering Trump by printing meaningless verbiage. Trying to equate Watergate to Trump without saying so. Pathetic. Not one single fact in the article, just propaganda.


Nixon was a liar and so is Trump.
In fact Trump is a serial liar. Although I am sure you will defend Trump, whatever happens. The majority of politicians lie but Trump can't help himself and lies and lies. lol

Donald Trump’s comments during a rally in Florida on Saturday night that seemed to suggest a non-existent terrorist attack had taken place in Sweden have pitted the Scandinavian nation against some fervent supporters of the US president.



https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... s-cover-up
#14778187
Nixon was a liar and so is Trump.
In fact Trump is a serial liar. Although I am sure you will defend Trump, whatever happens. The majority of politicians lie but Trump can't help himself and lies and lies. lol


Trump used this to detract from the new policies issued on immigration control at the same time. It has worked beautifully. He is playing the liberal press like the short sighted morons they are. :lol: They are so eager to jump on his tweets that they ignore what is really going on.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

I always have good sources, I just assume that […]

Farmers protest violence condemned, but four prov[…]

Here's Mark Blyth on the macro'n'cheese podcast, […]

This could be a platform for our conquest of Green[…]