California has become a third world renter state - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#14881286
Republicans and Democrats support illegal immigration. They'd go after employers and not immigrants if they wanted to really fix illegal immigration. They won't however, because Capitalism.
#14881329
Drlee pretends this is an issue of racism and not an issue of controlled vs. open borders, when the actual actions of liberal politicians in positions of power has lately been to promote "sanctuary" for convicted criminals which is just a euphemism for open borders.


Nonsense. I know it is an issue of racism for a great many people. But that is not the point. I believe is tightly controlled immigration. THAT IS WHY I recognize that there is only one way to control it. The marketplace.

Controlling the border is easier than controlling under the table hiring and payments.


Not it is most certainly not. It is politically easier. That is all.

Once supply of foreign labor is under control it might be fair to discuss racism, such as if someone does something that could be considered racist (wanting to control a nation's border not necessarily being racist).


Good Lord man. Study economics. The problem is not supply, it is demand.

The problem for employers is not racism. They are not discriminating against whites in favor of Mestizos for example. IT is money. They are discriminating against high wage workers in favor of low wage ones. Why is this hard for you to understand?

It is racism for the people to whom Trump in large numbers appeals. They are not hiring nor are they loosing jobs to immigrants. He has simply built a racial strawman that they are being duped into accepting. Pathetic really.
#14881424
B0ycey wrote:Do people believe there be borders in heaven? I find it quite ironic that Christians will fight for them on Earth when apparently we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.

Wealth clouds judgement. It also gives false entitlement. I have never known anyone pick and choose what is acceptable biblical dogma or not than Hindsite. For someone who claims the bible speaks the truth and is indeed factual evidence, he sure doesn't adhere to any of the bible's messages. :lol:


That is how you know B0ycey who is a fake Christian and who is sincere. The ones who don't want to adhere to the hardest of all commandments and use the Holy Bible to discriminate, deny rights to others, and are filled with arrogant proclamations of being authorities on how God judges others---who believe in privilege and think some humans are low IQ and others are high IQ and it is always based on their own race, group or nationality being geniuses and the others stupid? Who say the law is eternal and not subject to amendment and changes because the law is about rules set to fit changing circumstances, while the religious doctrines of many Christian sects is about conformity to an eternal covenant of moral, religious and spiritual principles....but to love people whom you consider lower than you, poorer than you are, darker than you are, different period than you are....and have to LOVE them as you love yourself and your own? Too damn hard.

Got to be a fake Christian then. God might forgive you if you did not live up to the standard.....but doing the hard work of loving with tremendous sacrifice all others and giving up on political power, having money that gives power under capitalism, owning property versus not having title over some valuable property, giving up on being mundanely powerful over being powerless, under some other person's or organization's thumb because of it? NO. Too hard. Got to defend my privileges they think. Defending your privileges is precisely what Jesus Christ did not do. He even was told to call to Heaven and ask his Heavenly Father to smite the ones torturing, ridiculing and spitting on him and reviling him.....for they were unjust. They oppressed his people. The Jewish people. Smite them. But NO......he would not. Why? The implication is that they are people and are human and suffer as he was suffering. Total identification with the human frailty and the wounds of human sin.....he was taking it on....all of it. In order to humanity to have a chance at redemption. That is the Gospel.

They are supposed to follow that example. They don't. They think they can get away with half assed attempts of being great Christians. They can't. If I can see through their lying and half ass ways? Don't you think God can?

Many think, I will make up for it in prayer and when I ask for forgiveness. But they don't really change. No real profound change in their hearts. Too difficult to do that. Cowards most racists and fake Christians are. Their deepest attachments are to fear, and hatred rather than love and forgiveness. Through their fruits you shall know them.

They reveal their true natures through their words, their hypocrisy and their lack of respect for those who don't cling to fear and hatred of the foreign and the 'stranger'. They are the center of what the Satanic mindset is about. It is interesting, because they think they are worshiping Christ and God, but with their thoughts, behavior and words they worship the worst of humanity. They worship the Fallen Angel. El Satan.
#14881752
blackjack21 wrote:That's ludicrous.

It is fact. Proposition 13 is the greatest public policy blunder committed by any American state since the Civil War.
California has the third highest median home value in the country behind DC, and Hawaii.

That's because of its astronomical LAND VALUE, which is identically equal to the expected future net subsidy to the landowner. You will notice that HI and DC also have very low average property tax rates, even lower than CA. Lower property tax rate -> bigger subsidy to landowning -> higher land value -> less affordable housing. The relationship is very clear.
The state rakes in enormous amounts of cash from California landowners.

No, it most certainly does not. Proposition 13 immediately slashed property tax revenues by half, and since then they have declined by half again as a fraction of total local and state government revenue, and they will continue to decline.
Even at an effective rate of 1%, they pay more property tax than most people in the US.

The average effective rate is well below 1%, and that is the main reason CA is one of the least affordable states in the union for housing. Californians pay more property tax than most people in the USA only because the subsidy to landowners is enormously greater, as its astronomical land value proves. Land value is NOTHING BUT the market's estimate of the net future subsidy to the landowner after any taxes on the land. CA is tenth in median property tax amount, 15th in property tax as a fraction of income, but 33rd in property tax RATE. And that rate is not charged on actual market value but on assessed value, which Prop 13 forces farther below the market the longer the property has been owned. People who have owned their CA property for over 40 years now pay a pittance in property taxes.
I pay 1.5%, because my home is brand spanking new.

Right, because Prop 13 forces you to subsidize those who have owned land longer than you, especially big corporations, who have been the big winners under Prop 13 because they rarely sell land.
That has almost nothing to do with it.

It has everything to do with it.
You have no such problems in Montana, Arizona, Kentucky, or North Carolina who are taxed at very similar rates.

But in those states the tax-funded subsidy to landowners is much smaller, as their far lower land values prove. Remember, improvement value varies very little from state to state because it is based on construction cost. It is LAND value -- the landowner subsidy -- that accounts for almost all the difference in housing costs between states.
States like New Jersey and Illinois would be absolute paradise if high property taxes were some sort of panacea; they are not.

No one says they are a panacea. In fact, they can be too high, as in Detroit, because the higher the rate, the more of it falls on improvements instead of land. But the economic and social success, including housing affordability, of the highest-property tax states like TX, NJ, NH, NB and WI compared to the lowest property tax states like LA, DE, HI, AL and DC make the relationship abundantly clear. Up to at least 2%, the higher the property tax rate, the better the societal outcomes.
#14881757
I think it is hilarious how folks are casting around trying to find out how the 7th largest economy in the world is a failure. You folks are looking silly. Do try to be objective for once in your lives.

Third world renter state. :lol:

Google Kindergarten.
#14881766
Two men have launched a campaign to divide rural California from the coastal cities, motivated by what they referred to as a “tyrannical form of government” that doesn’t follow the U.S. Constitution or the state one, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

"After years of over taxation, regulation, and mono party politics the State of California and many of its 58 Counties have become ungovernable," the movement declares on its website.

Preston and Reed say the citizens of the state live “under a tyrannical form of government that does not follow" constitutional requirements.

"There's something wrong when you have a rural county such as this one, and you go down to Orange County which is mostly urban, and it has the same set of problems, and it happens because of how the state is being governed and taxed," Preston told CBS Sacramento.

The "founders" have evoked Article IV Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution as justification for establishing a new economy with a new state constitution.

It states that a consensus must be reached by the state legislatures of California as well as Congress. The process, according to New California representatives, could take 10 to 18 months.

44.6 % of people in California do not speak English at home because of illegal immigrants from Mexico.

https://newcaliforniastate.com/
#14881773
They’ve been trying to do that for years. They prop up the ideas of rural versus urban, but in reality it’s largely Silicon Valley not wanting to have to share its money with the rural or urban poles that make them their food.

However, remove the cancer that is the West Coast from the United States, and things will be better. Get rid of California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii and there will never be a Democratic Congress or President again. FREEDOM WILL REIGN all over a revitalized America, now able to make the Kansas miracle, which the GOP has pushed to go national, will march on without any limp wristed coastal elite being able to stop it.

We will be so sorry. But we should learn from our errors. Kick us out, or admit that we’re the only grownups in the room willing to pay for your constant failures and you need us to discipline you and your childish temper tantrums by paying yet another one of your bills...
#14881793
The Immortal Goon wrote:They’ve been trying to do that for years. They prop up the ideas of rural versus urban, but in reality it’s largely Silicon Valley not wanting to have to share its money with the rural or urban poles that make them their food.

However, remove the cancer that is the West Coast from the United States, and things will be better. Get rid of California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii and there will never be a Democratic Congress or President again. FREEDOM WILL REIGN all over a revitalized America, now able to make the Kansas miracle, which the GOP has pushed to go national, will march on without any limp wristed coastal elite being able to stop it.

We will be so sorry. But we should learn from our errors. Kick us out, or admit that we’re the only grownups in the room willing to pay for your constant failures and you need us to discipline you and your childish temper tantrums by paying yet another one of your bills...

I have a son living in California, so I am not anxious to get rid of it just yet. He went there to study for his Masters after receiving a scholarship from Boeing. But he was still forced to take student loans which he has now paid off after working as a 7th and now 8th grade teacher of math and science in Long Beach. He is thinking about moving because he says he wants to buy a house and anything decent like we have here in Georgia is 10 times the price there. I will talk to him about it when he comes home this summer.
#14881794
You'll have to kick out New York, we well.

One of the best economies in the world is a 3rd world renter state because you can find some pictures of tents. Lame. :lol:

Look at this slum in Georgia, USA! What a third world shit-hole state!
Image
#14881801
Godstud wrote:You'll have to kick out New York, we well.

One of the best economies in the world is a 3rd world renter state because you can find some pictures of tents. Lame. :lol:

Look at this slum in Georgia, USA! What a third world shit-hole state!
Image

You may find slums in every state, but the point is that to buy a decent home in California is becoming out of reach of the average person. Therefore, it is becoming a renter state with a lot of Spanish speaking homeless people living in tents and many of those don't speak English well enough to carry on a decent conversation.
#14881804
WHERE in California, makes a big difference. The same applies in every state. Pretending that this is not the case is exactly what you are doing @Hindsite .

Even in expensive California, affordability is still possible.
https://livability.com/ca/business/the- ... california

Cheap Houses and Condos for Sale in California
https://www.point2homes.com/US/Cheap-Ho ... le/CA.html
#14881831
Godstud wrote:WHERE in California, makes a big difference. The same applies in every state. Pretending that this is not the case is exactly what you are doing @Hindsite .

Even in expensive California, affordability is still possible.
https://livability.com/ca/business/the- ... california

Cheap Houses and Condos for Sale in California
https://www.point2homes.com/US/Cheap-Ho ... le/CA.html

It is more affordable in Georgia.
#14881835
Yes, poorer states like Georgia, are cheaper to live in. That makes complete sense. The same applies in all countries, as well.

In terms of income, CA is #9 and GA is #37.
#14881918
The price of a home or its rent depends on the demand of that property.

If the price of a home is ten times that of Georgia then that suggests the demand is higher in California. Demand is usually linked to desirability. Desirability could be created by many factors but it is usually down to job opportunity or quality of life. If immigrants were making California so bad to live in people should move states, take their skills with them or invest in jobs somewhere else. But they want to remain in California. Why? Maybe it is because it isn't that bad over there.

So where is the shit-hole? California or Georgia?
#14881929
B0ycey wrote:The price of a home or its rent depends on the demand of that property.

If the price of a home is ten times that of Georgia then that suggests the demand is higher in California. Demand is usually linked to desirability. Desirability could be created by many factors but it is usually down to job opportunity or quality of life. If immigrants were making California so bad to live in people should move states, take their skills with them or invest in jobs somewhere else. But they want to remain in California. Why? Maybe it is because it isn't that bad over there.

So where is the shit-hole? California or Georgia?

A lot of people are moving out of California because they can't afford to live there anymore. For every home buyer coming into the state, there are three Californians selling and moving elsewhere, according to data analysis firm CoreLogic. Nov 4, 2016

Out of all 50 states, the state of California has been ranked as the worst state for business for 12 years in a row:

In what is sounding like a broken record, California once again ranked dead last in Chief Executive magazine's annual Best and Worst States for Business survey of CEOs—as it has all 12 years the survey has been conducted. Texas, meanwhile, earned the top spot for the 12th straight year.

Among the survey's subcategories, the 513 CEOs from across the nation ranked California 50th in taxation and regulation, 35th in workforce quality and 26th in living environment, which includes cost of living, the education system and state and local attitudes toward business. Notably, California placed worst among the nine states in the Western region in all three categories.

California has the highest state income tax rates in the entire nation. For many Americans, the difference between what you would have to pay if you lived in California and what you would have to pay if you lived in Texas could literally buy a car every single year.

The state government in Sacramento seems to go a little bit more insane with each passing session. This time around, they are talking about going to a single-payer health care system for the entire state that would cost California taxpayers $400 billion a year.

A lot of money is being made in Silicon Valley these days (at least for now), but poverty is also exploding in the state. In desperation, homeless people are banding together to create large tent cities all over the state, and the L.A. City Council recently asked Governor Jerry Brown "to declare homelessness a statewide emergency."

Thanks to unchecked illegal immigration, crime is on the rise in many California cities. The drug war that has been raging for years in Mexico is increasingly spilling over the border, and many families have moved out of the state for this reason alone.

California is one of the most litigious states in the entire nation. According to the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform, the "lawsuit climate" in California is ranked 47th out of all 50 states.

Every year wildfires and mudslides wreak havoc in the state. Erosion is particularly bad along the coast, and I have previously written about how some portions of the California coastline are literally falling into the ocean.

California has some of the most ridiculous housing prices in the entire country. Due to a lack of affordable housing, rents have soared to wild extremes in San Francisco, where one poor engineer was actually paying $1,400 a month to live in a closet.

All over the state, key infrastructure is literally falling to pieces. Governor Jerry Brown recently issued a list of key projects that needed to be done as soon as possible, and the total price tag for that list was 100 billion dollars.

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/63 ... e-millions

California problems are growing worse



What Happens When Democrats Run Your State?

#14881994
If rents are so damn expensive, how are illegal immigrants on very low wages affording to live there? I suspect the rents are expensive in direable districts and low in others. So supply and demand. And it seems perhaps people are too precious to live in multicultural areas and rather complain that gated districts are too expensive for them. But you can't hardly blame migrants for this. You can only blame the snowflakes who believe they are above poverty areas.

Nonetheless your worry of over inflated rents and houseprices will equal out in the very near future if for every one person relocating to California three leave as you suggest. It is only a matter of time.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, if people can't afford to live in California, why are they not moving to say Georgia? Perhaps California has more to offer in terms of jobs and quality of life. The average American isn't a complete moron. They aren't going to bankrupt themselves if the grass is greener in another state with their cheap rents and fantastic job opportunities.
#14882204
B0ycey wrote:If rents are so damn expensive, how are illegal immigrants on very low wages affording to live there? I suspect the rents are expensive in direable districts and low in others. So supply and demand. And it seems perhaps people are too precious to live in multicultural areas and rather complain that gated districts are too expensive for them. But you can't hardly blame migrants for this. You can only blame the snowflakes who believe they are above poverty areas.

Nonetheless your worry of over inflated rents and houseprices will equal out in the very near future if for every one person relocating to California three leave as you suggest. It is only a matter of time.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, if people can't afford to live in California, why are they not moving to say Georgia? Perhaps California has more to offer in terms of jobs and quality of life. The average American isn't a complete moron. They aren't going to bankrupt themselves if the grass is greener in another state with their cheap rents and fantastic job opportunities.

All of your concerns are answered in the last videos I posted. Praise the Lord.

Here is what happened to one man when he left his home in Georgia to move to California.

#14892947
https://www.wcpo.com/news/our-community ... study-says

Despite pristine beaches, the glitz and glam of Hollywood and being one of the technological capitols of the world Californians reportedly have one of the lowest qualities of life, according to U.S. News and World Report's annual "Best States" rankings.

The study ranks states on a variety of metrics, including quality of life, opportunities for residents, education, healthcare, economy, infrastructure, crime and corrections, and fiscal stability.

Metrics are weighted based on what more than 30,000 participants indicated as the most important aspects of livelihood. Healthcare and education were the heaviest scores, followed by economy, opportunity, and infrastructure.

Overall, the Golden State came in at 32, though scored last in quality of life and near last in opportunity and fiscal stability.

Apparently New Jersey is second to last. Lol.

Yes, it is, because profits are a *cost* to fundi[…]

Yes Julian you thrive on not acknowledging the is[…]

@Rancid @Tainari88 I am wary of both communi[…]

Stock keep falling. This is a massive opportunity[…]