Lessons in History - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Is there a point to this?

When did he ever have a coherent point?

Seriously.

This keeps coming back to haunt us. We have a crisis, and one of the things we need to do is get people working. But the sorts of things FDR did elude us. Partly because of rules, mostly because the process takes the benefits past where a politician can reap the reward. That's not entirely the politicians fault, in our divided and conflicted political environment, even stuff that works will get lied about. But if the benefit isn't going to show up for a while, Republicans will again screw the country trying to screw the program (and the politicians that passed it).

The solar cell market was our baby. But Republicans had one of their temper tantrums, and now China owns the solar panel market.
By Scamp
late wrote:When did he ever have a coherent point?

Seriously.

This keeps coming back to haunt us. We have a crisis, and one of the things we need to do is get people working. But the sorts of things FDR did elude us. Partly because of rules, mostly because the process takes the benefits past where a politician can reap the reward. That's not entirely the politicians fault, in our divided and conflicted political environment, even stuff that works will get lied about. But if the benefit isn't going to show up for a while, Republicans will again screw the country trying to screw the program (and the politicians that passed it).

The solar cell market was our baby. But Republicans had one of their temper tantrums, and now China owns the solar panel market.

Do you remember Obama touted this solar company Solyndra? They lost $500 million of our taxpayers funds and went bankrupt.
By BlutoSays
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is there a point to this?

I specifically posted these without commentary. The viewer can form their own opinions by what is stated and I don't need to slant the content. Conclusions are yours.

In short, put your big boy pants on and don't expect me to spoon feed you.
By ckaihatsu
BlutoSays wrote:
I specifically posted these without commentary. The viewer can form their own opinions by what is stated and I don't need to slant the content. Conclusions are yours.

The pieces in *your* museum don't require label descriptions, huh -- ? (grin)
BlutoSays wrote:I specifically posted these without commentary. The viewer can form their own opinions by what is stated and I don't need to slant the content. Conclusions are yours.

I see.

You have no argument.
By late
Scamp wrote:
Do you remember Obama touted this solar company Solyndra? They lost $500 million of our taxpayers funds and went bankrupt.

And then Republicans went Karen, and China stole our lunch.
By late
BlutoSays wrote:

In short, put your big boy pants on...

If you had big boy pants, you could construct rational explanation and argumentation...

But you don't.
By BlutoSays
late wrote:If you had big boy pants, you could construct rational explanation and argumentation...

But you don't.

I don't have to explain anything. They explain themselves, dipschit. :D
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@Rancid anyone who applauds and approves genocida[…]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be als[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]