Is India in breach of Vienna convention over Italian envoy? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Blog articles about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Blogosphere Rules.
It was a possible breach of the Vienna convention. Hard to tell because the Italian ambassador never did try to leave. India does lose a lot of respect because it resorted to such a dumb threat.

The interesting issue I see is the potential mistakes when armed personnel try to keep pirates away. It seems to me there's a need to develop a large caliber rubber bullet cannon, something the defenders can use to fire on a small craft's hull as a warning. This can be followed by an explosive round armed with sparklers. It should scare the crap out of anybody without killing them.

I used to work offshore Africa many years ago, and saw our captain ping the deck of a boat trying to come alongside. As it turned out the boat was captained by a drunk who was scared and wanted a safe place to hide until he recovered his wits.
Social Critic wrote:It was a possible breach of the Vienna convention.

Who on earth cares?

India achieved its two-pronged desire of having the two marines swiftly turned over to Indian custody and scoring a diplomatic coup, so that is quite honestly all that matters.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]