Insight:Protection of Tibet’s intangible cultural heritage i - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
In 2013, Tibet has made a great achievement in the protection of intangible cultural heritage (ICH).

According to Ngawang Tenzin, curator of the People’s Art Museum of the Tibet Autonomous Region, another 101 regional-level ICH items have been approved, totaling 323.

Tibet's ICH items are focused on traditional customs, handicrafts and festivals, and the new 101 additions include well-known traditional dances, music, plays, martial arts, folk literature, Tibetan medicine, quyi (folk art forms including ballad singing, story telling, comic dialogues, cross talks, etc.), fine arts and customs represented by Thangka, murals, eagle flute playing, the Bathing Festival and pottery making, said Ngawang Tenzin.

The rankings in the number of the ICHs of different locations in Tibet are Lhasa, Shigatze, Lhoka, Chamdo, Ningchi, Nagqu and Ngari.

Established in 2011, the Tibet Intangible Cultural Heritage Protection Center is responsible for surveying, applying, studying and exhibiting Tibet's ICHs. In the meanwhile, it also trains inheritors to increase their awareness of the importance of the ICH protection, according to Ngawang Tenzin.

http://eng.tibet.cn/2012sy/xw/201401/t20140117_1968092.html
Taiwan-China crisis.

I don't put all the blame on Taiwan. I've said 10[…]

Obviously you should know that I know about Liber[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afghanistan defeated the USSR, we are not talking[…]