China want Siberia - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Crazy Brown Guy
Gral. Stamelin wrote:Well indeed.
China has many ethnic groups as many nations around the world.
Between the ethnic groups in China we can find mandarins, tibetan, cantoneese, meridional-chinese, manchu, mongolioid, and other less important.
Siberia is the land of the grandparents of all Americans, starting with the genesis of the innuit race, or "eskimos".

Innuits came to North America by water crafts after the last Ice Age has ended. Before that the other Native Americans entered North America throu the land bridge taht existed during the Ice Age. Therefore innuits did not come to the continent first :D
By Garibaldi
Actually, the origins of the Native American's are quite unclear. The most current belief is there were approx. five migrationg from Asia through the bering strait, three from Africa, and one from Europe. This is, of course, meant strictly for prehistory. However, it is clear that in all cases Native American's actually came in waves, and can not be declared the children of any ethnicity in particular.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Invading Russia would be suicide for China. Russia could turn ALL OF CHINA and any invading Chinese forces into an atomic inferno in a matter of minutes.
By Napuljun
Daovonnaex wrote:Invading Russia would be suicide for China. Russia could turn ALL OF CHINA and any invading Chinese forces into an atomic inferno in a matter of minutes.

I am sure Russia would not turn up with Nuclear weapons if war broke out. You seem to be so sincere in yoru answer, have you ever compared the might of the Chinese and Russian armies?
By Comrade Ogilvy
Napuljun wrote:
Daovonnaex wrote:Invading Russia would be suicide for China. Russia could turn ALL OF CHINA and any invading Chinese forces into an atomic inferno in a matter of minutes.

I am sure Russia would not turn up with Nuclear weapons if war broke out. You seem to be so sincere in yoru answer, have you ever compared the might of the Chinese and Russian armies?

They're both large conscript forces with outdated weapons, although China has been trying to improve the quality of his forces lately. The Russian Army is currently the better force, though China has the resources (and the manpower) to more than match Russia if need be.
By Crazy Brown Guy

You do know that China would do the exact same thing... right?
By Comrade Ogilvy
Strange wrote:

The difference is, China doesn't have ~22,000 warheads lying around.
By Crazy Brown Guy
Daovonnaex wrote:You do know that China would do the exact same thing... right?
The difference is, China doesn't have ~22,000 warheads lying around.[/quote]
China don't need 22k warheads, even Russia don't need that many to wipe out China. Besides both countries arn't that insane to use nukes on eachother.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Daovonnaex wrote:
Strange wrote:

The difference is, China doesn't have ~22,000 warheads lying around.

How can you be so sure? America found out Russia's nuclear warhead secrets through simple espionage, because Russia is a very open society, unlike China. Hence, it is difficult for USA or any other country to be sure that China does not have much more nuclear warheads than it is generally predicted to have.
By N'Djamena
glinert wrote:for food, forgot.

If China takes over Siberia, they won't find much food there. Besides, The Russians aren't willing to give it up, and some hillbillies might fight to their last musketball to keep their mountain, and somewhere I heard that a neo-tsarist group is trying to set up a tsarist empire in Siberia.

Preposterous, I know.
By Vassili Zaitsev
After hearing all the comments here, all I can say is: God I miss the Soviet days.
By Napuljun
Vassili Zaitsev wrote:After hearing all the comments here, all I can say is: God I miss the Soviet days.

Any elaboration why? :eh:
By Comrade Ogilvy
Napuljun wrote:
Vassili Zaitsev wrote:After hearing all the comments here, all I can say is: God I miss the Soviet days.

Your (Napuljun) sig is a readily understandable indicator that you are in agreement with the collapse of the soviet union and the perpetrator thereof (Gorbachev). Am I correct?
By Garibaldi
N'Djamena wrote:If China takes over Siberia, they won't find much food there. Besides, The Russians aren't willing to give it up, and some hillbillies might fight to their last musketball to keep their mountain, and somewhere I heard that a neo-tsarist group is trying to set up a tsarist empire in Siberia.

Preposterous, I know.

N'Djamena, Hillbillies are American, not Siberian. Besides, there's a decent sized Siberian liberation movement from what I understand. Siberia would more or less be indifferent, and there's nothing Russia could do about it.
By N'Djamena
True, but there are what us Americans would call "hillbillies" in Siberia.

I just doubt they are called hillbillies.
By Napuljun
NationaliDemocratiSociali wrote:
Napuljun wrote:

Your (Napuljun) sig is a readily understandable indicator that you are in agreement with the collapse of the soviet union and the perpetrator thereof (Gorbachev). Am I correct?

I am of the opinion that the radical restructuring, including democratization, which Gorbachev started would have improved the Union's system and long last its existance if nothign went wrong in the reforms. I am not against a Soviet Union, I am against having a regime which bases its exisistance with coercive forces.
By Lord_Tito
Tom Clansy has writen a book about this senario its called The Bear and the Dragon
By Napuljun
Lord_Tito wrote:Tom Clansy has writen a book about this senario its called The Bear and the Dragon

He is just a stupid fiction writer. Bleh hate his books.
By Lord_Tito
i agree its always the capitalist that winns :roll:
By CoffeeCake
You guys must be forgetting about the fact that China and Russia have, for the past 10 years, become closer, to counter American expansionism, and in 2001, they were founders of the Shanghai Cooperation Orgranization, so a war between them is more a less of a pipedream for Americans to chew off of.

We are returning to the days of the Korean War, when Stalin and Mao declared that its China and Russia vs. the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_C ... ganization

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental organization which was founded on June 14, 2001 by leaders of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, the People's Republic of China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Except for Uzbekistan, the other countries had been members of the Shanghai Five; after the inclusion of Uzbekistan in 2001, the members renamed the organization.

This organization was founded originally as the Shanghai Five in 1996. Most observers believe that one of the original purposes of the SCO was to serve as a counterbalance to the United States and in particular to avoid conflicts that would allow the United States to intervene in areas near both Russia and China. Many observers also believe that the organization was formed as a direct response to the threat of missile defense systems by the United States, after the United States reversed course in its nuclear policy and began promoting a "missile defense" system that will enable the United States to actually wage what former President of the United States Ronald Reagan called "limited nuclear war."

The SCO is centered around its member nations' Central Asian concerns. Early goals of this organization were mostly security-related issues. This included solving border conflicts, avoiding military conflicts, anti-terrorism, and countering militant Islam.

Russia and China's conflicting interests have limited the groups' ability to act in a coordinated manner. Immediately after the September 11, 2001 attacks, the SCO was unable to develop a coordinated policy against terrorism and was also unable to deal as a collective body with the United States. The United States was able to significantly increase its influence by offering aid and convincing many of its Central Asian members to allow the United States to use their territory as military bases.

Starting in 2003, there was a joint anti-terrorism center built in Shanghai, China.

In the July 16 - July 17, 2004 SCO summit, held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the SCO agreed to form the Regional Antiterrorism Structure (RATS). It was also suggested that Pakistan might join the organization in the near future.

The effort to expand the SCO to include economic issues, courts, and joint military exercises culminated in 100 specific actions that were resolved on September 23, 2004. The SCO has floated ideas for forming a free trade area that will eventually share all resources from foodstuffs to military science.

And about when the Soviets invaded Manchuria on 8/11/45 they marched as far as Mukden (300 km from the border) within a week before Japan surrendered.
World War II Day by Day

May 27, Monday BEF starts big retreat from Dunki[…]

US Presidential election 2024 thread.

You literally called me drunk last night sobbing t[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In ancient Athens, they used slaves for policemen[…]

They weren't trespassing, if anything, they were […]