China offers cash for interethnic marriages - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Thing is, I am talking about culture, not genetics - nobody gives a flying fuck about genetics here. You people are conjuring funny terms like "cultural genocide". Seriously, what the fuck does that even mean? Like the Chinese govt is gunning down people wearing Taqiyahs up against a wall?

I also don't get why people get so fussed up about Y chromosomes and "Haplogroup". Do some bloodlines give you magical powers? We have Southern Chinese, Sichuan Chinese, Hong Kong Chinese, Northeastern Chinese and Mongolian Chinese...our cultures can't be more diverse, and we absorb outside cultures all the time. Genes have nothing to do with anything.

Uighur genes can get mixed with Hans or Egytians or Philippino for all I care, and I consider the assimilation of Uighur culture a positive thing as well. They won't disappear entirely anyway. No more us vs them, happy outcome.
Ethnic minorities are exempt from the 1 child policy. Are mixed race couples granted similar liberties? Given how oppressive Beijing is there are all sorts of carrots you could present people. Exemption from Hukou would be popular with many.
Seemingly it is some sort biological improvement policy for the billion and half strong Han invaders.
It is a form of genocide. Nothing else. What a plague.

Couldn't Russians or Stalin have annexed East Turkestan?
Uyghurs would have had a chance to survive.. I am not talking about independence, but the mere survival...

I am Turk so I can tell Uyghurs have close culture and mentality with us.
It is a shame to marry Han people, perceived as such.
That is why the Communist govt gives incentives and money to the Hans succeeding in marrying Uyghurs.

The Han have terrible complex as regards to various Turkic groups.
Same with Turkish guys living in Shanghai. They all have a Han wife.
Can guess why.
I am neutral as regards to the people you name, who have more in common with Turks than what Uyghurs have in common with Han. Tibetans are similar to them, no problem if Han people assimilate Tibetans.
However, Uyghurs belong to an entirely different system, in all senses.
Mehmet:
1. Marrying Han and Uighurs is not "biological improvement" as there is nothing to improve, unless you believe Uighurs are inferior. The Hans themselves certainly didn't think so.
2. No one is forcing marriage, no one is killing Uighurs, no law against them having their culture. They are merely ENCOURAGED to take certain norms. Unless you believe Han cultures and genes itself is a sin, there is nothing wrong with it.
3. This is NOT a form of genocide.
Wikipedia wrote:Genocide is the systematic destruction of all or a significant part of a racial, ethnic, religious or national group via the (a) Killing of members of the group; (b) Causing of serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberate inflicting on the group's conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing of measures intended to prevent births within the group; or (e) Forcible transferring of children of the group to another group.

This is genocide, you know, the stuff you guys did to Armenians?
If Chinese tanks start rolling into Uighur and shooting Uighurs, forcing schools not to teach Uighur language, burning temples, converting to "Communism" (Probably a religion according to your funny interpretations) at gunpoint, then you might have something to complain about. Otherwise, mind your own goddamn business in Turkey and stop funding the terrorists.
This is a de facto genocide. The lands of Uyghurs are flooded with Han people. In big cities such as Urumchi or Kashgar, Uyghurs are already minority (20% of the population and decreasing).
Now they give money to Han people so that they completely erase Uyghurs by mixing with them.

If your land is invaded by a specie as populous as them, and if you start mixing with them, you are doomed to disappear: what's happening over there. It's a plague nothing else.

It's like pushing 60 million Hans to Australia.
Would there any 'White Australia' remain? No.
So Uighurs are like Aboriginals with bombs. White people flooded Australia and I didn't see anybody crying "de facto genocide".
Do you propose the white Australians to all leave so the Abos can go back to kangaroo hunting?

Also, Han people are human beings like you, not a plague or some animal species. Mind your tongue.
Han assimilationism is not new, but I'm surprised at how blatant they're getting. Due to cultural/religious differences the Uyghurs aren't assimilating as fast as Beijing wants (strange, one would think they'd mix with the Hui, which are ethnic Chinese muslims) so they whip up the carrot and just plain directly subsidize Han-Uighur couples.

Mehmet wrote:Same with Turkish guys living in Shanghai. They all have a Han wife.
Can guess why.

Sure I can. If they're single, immigrants often marry locals... And most Shanghai residents are Han.
Last edited by KlassWar on 10 Sep 2014 13:30, edited 2 times in total.
They are fellow humans, no doubt.
One or two marriages in a million would not matter.
But there is a problem when a nation of 1,5 billion, 200 times more numerous than yours, of a blatantly different racial origin, invade your lands and want to exterminate your specie through birth control and govt-sponsored interracial mixtures. That's a problem.

Why Russia does not allow 20 million of them in Eastern Siberia? Because they know it would be the end of Russian Siberia... Just as we are currently witnessing the agony of East Turkestan.
Mongolia can actually be next.

Uyghurs would also like Hans, if they leave Turkestan.
Mehmet wrote:
Same with Turkish guys living in Shanghai. They all have a Han wife.
Can guess why.

Sure I can. If they're single, immigrants often marry locals... And most Shanghai residents are Han.

There are also plenty of Turkish guys working/studying all the way between Germany and Saudi Arabia.
And they do not all return with a local woman from those areas.
This shows that the locals in those countries do not have any complex for Turks.

And that is not the case for the ones going to China; it seems that they do not miss even one single of them.
Plague is plague.
Last edited by Mehmet on 10 Sep 2014 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
benpenguin wrote:So Uighurs are like Aboriginals with bombs. White people flooded Australia and I didn't see anybody crying "de facto genocide".
Do you propose the white Australians to all leave so the Abos can go back to kangaroo hunting?

Are you serious? This genocide rubbish is part of the national curriculum.

Honestly, I do not care about assimilating groups and in some cases it is preferable. However, China is a threat to Western power and I support efforts to destabilise it.
English lesson for today:

If your race disappears because you got to fuck and have children it is not fucking genocide. It is just the natural consequence of fun.
I don't think this policy is really targeting a particular group of people. Because it is a well know fact that there is an abnormal gender imbalance in China. Women shortage.

Chinese government may be encouraging desperate Han males to marry to foreigners. This kind of thing may affect the whole world as China has a massive population.
I don't think this policy is really targeting a particular group of people. Because it is a well know fact that there is an abnormal gender imbalance in China. Women shortage.

Chinese government may be encouraging desperate Han males to marry to foreigners. This kind of thing may affect the whole world as China has a massive population.

This doesn't make sense.
They would have made arrangements to import women from oversea then.
Blacks, Latinos, Indians, Filipinos, Russians are there for this purpose.

Uyghurs are just 10 million souls in a 1,5 billion Han sea. It's anyway a genocide.
Uyghurs are for each other, it isn't that they are 10% men 90% women.

This policy is a genocide scheme.
How doesn't it make sense? I was talking about the facts. If facts do not make any sense, then what is going to make sense? It is obvious there is a correlation between gender imbalance and interracial marriages in China.

Uyghurs are just 10 million souls in a 1,5 billion Han sea. It's anyway a genocide.
Uyghurs are for each other, it isn't that they are 10% men 90% women.

How is it a genocide when nobody is forcing Uyghur people to arranged marriage? I agree with what benpengiun said on how interethnic marriages can work and its outcome. We can find a middle ground between two camps.

Besides, you and me are both from Turkey and we are all living examples of interracial mixing and success of integration project. Anyway, here is a video for beginners. It explains how nomadic people from Asia became native to a foreign land. It gives some hints about social and ethnic evolution of first nomadic Mongols and Turks.

[youtube]xMRr2oAOnQk[/youtube]
Seljuk Turks who came to Anatolia were not 100% East Asians.
They had around 25-30% Mongoloid genetics.
We still keep around 9-11% on average as Turkish Turks, to this day.

Just as you said, the Turks who mixed also acquired physical features of the people they mixed with. Beside cultural exchanges. That is why the Turks in/who came from Macedonia are rather blondes; the ones in Far East Anatolia display Armenoid features; Turkish mosques are built upon the example of Byzantine architecture (Haghia Sophia) etc...

However, In the Uyghurs-Hans situation, nothing shall be left out from Uyghurs.
They are very very few in number compared to Hans. They will be racially melt down...
And culture/religion? They are already losing it under the CCP regime.

In addition, if this is really all about finding females for the exceeding, single Han male population; then what shall the Uyghur guys (as a result of Chinese stealing their female population) do? Masturbation?
So, you see, even if we try to explain this situation the way you do (naive manner), it is still a form of genocide, a form of Han racial supremacism.

The most objectionable portions of this text has been removed. Please review Rule 3.

-TIG Edit

They are very very few in number compared to Hans. They will be racially melt down...

So?

And culture/religion? They are already losing it under the CCP regime.

Oh I see. Dont fuck our muslim women. Muslim men should fuck muslim women and non-muslim women.

They will proably go the way of the christians in Iraq. I agree it is by design.
Quote:

Quote:

So?

So, it's the wipping out, genocide process of bio-diversity.
The elimination of a specy.
Mankind even grant funds, time and energy so that some races of animals, facing extinction, do not disappear (like pandas) so, it is very logical that I care for the survival of the fellow Turks of the East.

Would you like to see the Nordics of Northern Europe extinct? I would not.

Oh I see. Dont fuck our muslim women. Muslim men should fuck muslim women and non-muslim women.

They will proably go the way of the christians in Iraq. I agree it is by design.

No you don't see.
The M-E Christian population is sharply decreasing yes, not because Muslims genocide them, but because they mass immigrate to the America's where they seek the opportunity for a better life in terms of money and comfort.
There are 15 million Christians in Egypt only.

And no, Uyghurs cannot marry Chinese girls, it's forbidden by Law. As Han people are not Abrahamics.
Some posters here remind me of the white supremacist idiots who believe that race mixing is genocide. If you want to preserve 'their race', tell them to start fucking and stop complaining if others choose to mix with other races. Uighurs won't become atheists or anything else, they will become Huis as KlassWar mentioned before.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]