Under the Guise of Public Safety, China Demolishes Thousands of Mosques - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
colliric wrote:Fuck Deng AND Fuck Mao....KMT Forever!

I am actually really curious whether there is any genuine reason of loving KMT other than the fact that they are not CCP. I will give them the credit of doing most fighting with Japs, but they never performed well economically (never had the chance to), and was very corrupt and inefficient. I strongly believe, if they ruled to this day, they will probably do the same stuff that the current state capitalists does.
@Tewodros you mentioned that they were being efficient in the 30s, I didn't know much about the period. Care to enlighten me?
Decky wrote:That is the left for you. Brutally oppressing backwards right wing religions, the Chinese are keeping up the old Soviet tradition of Mosque destruction. In the right wing liberal capitalist west however Mosques pop up like mushrooms, more every single year.

Could say the same about Christian Churches. I used to live within walking distance of six of the damn things. There are at least two or three near me now. Tho mind you, I love some of the architecture, love to own one of them one day and renovate it into a Gothic home.
Tailz wrote:Could say the same about Christian Churches. I used to live within walking distance of six of the damn things. There are at least two or three near me now. Tho mind you, I love some of the architecture, love to own one of them one day and renovate it into a Gothic home.

I always felt that the lovely old Cathedrals would make excellent party HQs post revolution. You could even keep the pictures and statues of the saints but put the faces of Marx, Engles, Lenin, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh etc on there instead.
Decky wrote:
I always felt that the lovely old Cathedrals would make excellent party HQs post revolution. You could even keep the pictures and statues of the saints but put the faces of Marx, Engles, Lenin, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh etc on there instead.

I'm quite certain many a revolution has been planned inside the hallowed walls of many a church.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]