China using big data to detain people before crime is committed: report - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Albert wrote:Where this is heading makes Orwellian society seem like roses in comparison. Just waiting until the elite in Europe and America will begin to implement this type of technology.

China has finally taken the lead.

The West has dug it's own grave by using human rights as a pretext for imperialist expansion.

The West's riches being dangled in front of the poverty stricken as reward for rising up against their own leaders, all regimes will have use for this technology to repress dissension and popular protests.
Atlantis wrote:The West has dug it's own grave by using human rights as a pretext for imperialist expansion.

Quite to the contrary, I think they dug their own grave because they didn't direct their "Imperialist expansion" to where it's actually needed, or they simply didn't do enough.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The west will succumb to Chinese influence by the end of the 21st century unless something unexpected happens and it somehow manage to turn things around

Rest assured that this will happen sooner than we think. The Chinese Government have a long proud history of undoing itself. See the demise of (Northern) Song and Ming dynasties for details.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:thats true but the west can save itself by embracing authoritarianism

The west will succumb to Chinese influence by the end of the 21st century unless something unexpected happens and it somehow manage to turn things around

:lol: You mean the West can save itself by abandoning itself. I can agree with this as a spiritual position; however, translated into politics this sort of absolutist thinking cannot but lead to fascism, as we have seen with the Islamofascists, who base their political thinking in absolutist religious precepts.

Patrickov wrote:Quite to the contrary, I think they dug their own grave because they didn't direct their "Imperialist expansion" to where it's actually needed, or they simply didn't do enough.

And according to you, where would that be?

The US accounts for merely 4% of the World's population. If you count only white Anglo-Saxons, it's even less. How are they going to impose their imperial rule on the rest of humanity? They do as much as they can by their "divide and rule" strategy to keep the ME in a constant state of war and to divide Europe by deceit. They couldn't take on any real power head-on.

They rule because they control the narrative. But the imperial narrative has grown so full of holes that the empire is about to crumble under its own lies - the Emperor's new Clothes fool nobody.
@Atlantis said...

They rule because they control the narrative. But the imperial narrative has grown so full of holes that the empire is about to crumble under its own lies - the Emperor's new Clothes fool nobody.

Isn’t this what Trump is abandoning? He is saying straight up we will pursue our self interest. I find this much more honest and anti imperialist. No more deceit over ‘human rights’.
One Degree wrote:Isn’t this what Trump is abandoning? He is saying straight up we will pursue our self interest. I find this much more honest and anti imperialist. No more deceit over ‘human rights’.

True, that is why I was rooting for Trump, because he exposes the hypocrisy of the empire. But you missed the first part of my message. 4% of the World's population can only control the world by a narrative of deceit. You cannot dominate the world by physically occupying it. The empire will fall together with its narrative.
Atlantis wrote:True, that is why I was rooting for Trump, because he exposes the hypocrisy of the empire. But you missed the first part of my message. 4% of the World's population can only control the world by a narrative of deceit. You cannot dominate the world by physically occupying it. The empire will fall together with its narrative.

I agree with your view, but in reality the US can dominate with 4% of the population. We would just have to accept major adversaries deaths and 2/3 of our population being used as occupiers. Iraq could easily have been turned into a colony by transplanting a million or more Americans. It was our own deceit of human rights which prevented us from taking full advantage of military superiority.
One Degree wrote:Iraq could easily have been turned into a colony by transplanting a million or more Americans.

:lol: As if Israel wasn't bad enough. A colony of a million Americans occupying the ME would generate so much hatred that none of you could ever leave your front door without a body guard.

But it's good to see the true face of the Yankee imperialists revealed in all its brutishness.

You can't even pacify an impoverished and war-stricken shit-hole like Afghanistan. How are you gonna control the world without all the deceit of your dirty tricks department?
Atlantis wrote::lol: As if Israel wasn't bad enough. A colony of a million Americans occupying the ME would generate so much hatred that none of you could ever leave your front door without a body guard.

But it's good to see the true face of the Yankee imperialists revealed in all its brutishness.

You can't even pacify an impoverished and war-stricken shit-hole like Afghanistan. How are you gonna control the world without all the deceit of your dirty tricks department?

I am not advocating it, just saying it is possible. You ignored where I said we would need to accept killing a lot of people. I don’t believe the earth should have more than a billion people. A third of that currently lives in the US. 50% of the world’s population lives in 1009 metro areas. 300,000 Americans in each of one million is enough to easily control the world.
We could move 100 million into Iraq and then expand. Just fantasy, but easily doable if you don’t mind major death.
If we are going to bomb countries then it should be worth replacing their people. If not, then don’t bomb them.
One Degree wrote:You ignored where I said we would need to accept killing a lot of people.

I understand there's considerable necessity on this, but maybe we are still at a time too soon after the Holocaust to make this implementable.

Besides, most non-Americans would probably ask: Why only the Americans deserve survival?

I hope you are not genuinely believing everybody else would go down without a fight. Otherwise it's much more possible that you are the first to be killed.
Atlantis wrote:And according to you, where would that be?

China of course. The British did a very good job in Hong Kong and Singapore. Now one is being ruined by Chinese Commies while the other seems rotting from inside (though not as bad).
Patrickov wrote:I understand there's considerable necessity on this, but maybe we are still at a time too soon after the Holocaust to make this implementable.

Besides, most non-Americans would probably ask: Why only the Americans deserve survival?

I hope you are not genuinely believing everybody else would go down without a fight. Otherwise it's much more possible that you are the first to be killed.

If I had any idea who deserved to live, I would promote war to reduce population. Ofcourse I don’t believe being American means superiority. Just like I don’t believe intelligence does either. I have tried to come up with a criteria, it always fails. Obviously, if forced I would have to choose people most like myself simply out of lack of better criteria.
One Degree wrote:If I had any idea who deserved to live, I would promote war to reduce population.

IMHO that would mean regular wars.

Unfortunately, even World War II was not quite able to halt population growth.

I also doubt the current stockpile of WMD is actually capable to reduce population as needed.
One Degree wrote:If I had any idea who deserved to live, I would promote war to reduce population. Ofcourse I don’t believe being American means superiority. Just like I don’t believe intelligence does either. I have tried to come up with a criteria, it always fails. Obviously, if forced I would have to choose people most like myself simply out of lack of better criteria.

War is overrated as a method of population control. Disease and famine are much more effective, and are much less wasteful of infrastructure.
Potemkin wrote:War is overrated as a method of population control. Disease and famine are much more effective, and are much less wasteful of infrastructure.

Best of both worlds is biological and chemical warfare then.

On the other hand, NZ is again unleashing a deadly virus on its rabbit population. We've done it before but they have bounced back (although it took a few years).
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Best of both worlds is biological and chemical warfare then.

Indeed. Neutron bombs would also be a good option. The problem with intra-human warfare, however, is that it tends to quickly escalate into something hugely wasteful of infrastructure and the forces of production. Secretly unleashing a deadly contagious pathogen on an unsuspecting population would be much more effective, if drastic population control is your thing.

On the other hand, NZ is again unleashing a deadly virus on its rabbit population. We've done it before but they have bounced back (although it took a few years).

This is the basic 'problem' with biological organisms - they breed. Kill 99% of the little fuckers, and within a few generations they're back up to full strength again because, well, they're little fuckers. Lol.
Potemkin wrote:This is the basic 'problem' with biological organisms - they breed. Kill 99% of the little fuckers, and within a few generations they're back up to full strength again because, well, they're little fuckers. Lol.

:D

Except in developed countries where it looks like we've somehow stumbled on the key to population control although nobody knows just what it is. No violence or pathogens involved. We just don't feel like breeding (for the time being at least).
Kaiserschmarrn wrote::D

Except in developed countries where it looks like we've somehow stumbled on the key to population control although nobody knows just what it is. No violence or pathogens involved. We just don't feel like breeding (for the time being at least).

I think it may be student debt. If you put people in debt right away, it reduces their urge to reproduce. Debt seems to be the main difference in ‘developed’ countries from undeveloped.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Many voters/supporters are single issue voters/su[…]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]