Hardline Chinese Tyrant Li Peng Dies at 90 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Source: BBC

Li Peng: Former Chinese premier known as 'Butcher of Beijing' dies at 90

Former Chinese Premier Li Peng, has died at the age of 90, state media have announced.

Mr Li died on Monday evening in Beijing of an unspecified illness, state news agency Xinhua said.

He served in several top positions in China in the 1980s and 1990s.

But he was best known as the "Butcher of Beijing" for his role in the Tiananmen Square crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 1989. Soldiers killed hundreds of unarmed civilians.

Mr Li ordered martial law to break up the protests. He later defended his actions as a "necessary" step.

In some sense, China became a rotten, violent and bullying country because of this scum of human being.

May justice be served -- if there's a Final Judgement as some religious groups claim, that is.
Rancid wrote:I wonder how the CIA is involved in this.

:lol:

Seriously, if there really is, too little too late. Better target those currently in power or the upcoming ones (if any).

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]