Will climate change curb China’s power? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
As the US suffers from pandemic, political and environmental woes, the assumption is that China is ready to fill a power vacuum created by US weakness. But what if climate change is an equal opportunity crippler of imperial power?

Chinese government projections paint a worrying vision of the future: rising sea levels threatening major coastal cities, including Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong, and melting glaciers and permafrost imperiling western China’s water supply and grand infrastructure projects such as the railroads across the Tibetan plateau.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/ordinary-people-suffer-china-farms-face-climate-woes-80917271

At some point, enough environmental damage may create obstacles to China’s ability to project power. For example, if major ports are damaged by rising seas and extreme weather, where will China’s ships safely dock?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]