World's Monetary Debt to Israel Doubles - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Everything from personal credit card debt to government borrowing debt.

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

World's Monetary Debt to Israel Doubles

Dec 20, '05

(IsraelNN.com) Government and private loans to other countries have doubled in the past year, with world debts totaling $24 billion as of September 30. The Bank of Israel reported the amount is more than double than that of last year as Israel turns from a borrower to a lender.

Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer also said that Israel's credit rating will improve several months after the elections because economic policies are stable despite political uncertainties.

israelnn

Wait a second. If Israel has enough money to loan to other countries, then why is the US still sending them billions every year?
By Rodion
I believe economy is much more complicated than simply "have money - Israel happy; not have money - Israel hungry". Also, a country's money isn't stored in one big bank account (unless it's Russia) - it's involved in financial operations all over the world. Hence, "Government and private loans to other countries have doubled in the past year".

P.S. You do know "private" loans don't come from the same part of Israel that receives aid from US?
By ~Magius~
Additionally, the very fact that these are loans that Israel has given means they do not possess this money at the moment and will probably not recieve it in the next few years or even decades. It is likely that if all these debts were suddenly returned, aid to Israel would be decreased significantly.
By Mr X
~Magius~
Additionally, the very fact that these are loans that Israel has given means they do not possess this money at the moment and will probably not recieve it in the next few years or even decades. It is likely that if all these debts were suddenly returned, aid to Israel would be decreased significantly.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, :lol:

Please try harder...
By treat4u
First off, the U.S. gives Billions to lots of Countries that don't do squat for us, and in fact many of those Countries have terrorists and dangerous extremists there, and those Governments actually shield them from being captured, and do not lock them up.

As per Israel, if Israel hasn't been so far in the Red that it could be taken for China, then I must have been on heavy drugs for the past 50 years.

Wherever you got that quote for the thread, it's goes to show why trusting everything written is a bad idea.

This lawyer's "crime"? Merely being pres[…]

Why You'll Never Achieve the American Dream

It was the dream of millions of people who came f[…]

Then what is my argument? That cops disproporti[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Today I learned that Ukraine is not allowed to use[…]