Explain the credit crunch - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Everything from personal credit card debt to government borrowing debt.

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

By Douglas
In the shortest, most concise but easy to understand way, explain the economic crisis and credit crunch.

You can use someone else to do your explaining for you if you would, like I will:

[youtube]KVpgcAeksVw[/youtube]

though he doesn't really explain why interest rates rose so much to cause such a problem, but it's the best I've heard.
By Kman
The US government set the interest rate too low which caused lending money to become very cheap, this caused an increase in the amount of money that the bank lent out, leading to higher house prices and eventually the collapse of the overly inflated and unrealistic housing prices.

The fact that Fannie and Freddie were giving out huge loans to people that couldnt pay them back was very bad also.

If the US government had kept the interest rate at a healthy 6-7% then this credit bubble would have never formed.
By QatzelOk
Osama bin Laden blew up the Money Towers, and now, we all have to hate and kill people who are Muslim because of what our media tells us is right.

Obviously, media tells us that our problems are because of "the Arabs," which - coincidentally, is Israel's permanent problem.

But back to the banking elite and our ability to survive... they want you to blame Arab Moslems for their own transgressions. They want to create a scapegoat.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]