Student Loan Debt Delinquency Closes in on Housing Debt - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Everything from personal credit card debt to government borrowing debt.

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Tigerlily wrote:I have a Canadian student loan. I owe about $17 000 right now. I'm not worried at all. Almost everyone my age has student loan debt. And when the bubble bursts, what can they do to me? There's no house they can take away from me, like with the mortgage crisis. Are they going to garnish the income of millions of young adults all at once? I highly doubt it.

The student loan system was a bad idea. The value of a Bachelor's degree has become inflated. Bachelor degrees are worth squat when every single person has one. Soon it'll be the Masters level. What happens when everyone gets a PhD (in English, History, Economics, Basket Weaving, Business, PoliSci, Music Theory, Chemistry, etc)? Are supermarket nametags going to have "Dr." in front of every name? But my thoughts on the matter belong more in the Conspiracies subforum than here.

If you grow to understand; And apply The techniques of Marketing, (selling), Production/Inventory control, Cash Flow and finance, are an "A" type", an "Extrovert, with wide interests you CANNOT fail !

Wrest what is know as "Capital" as your own from those who hoard it ( No partners or loans)

If you are successful in starting what can be a going business sell your receivables stay debtless.

Today (with exceptions) your degree means some one May read your resume. That's all !

Having a daddy in high places in government or with business influence l " as common place today " for many at the top, your quest will be easer. :-)
Dagoth Ur wrote:They've pretty much screwed the pooch. I don't know anyone, who has any ability to interpret the world around them, my age who doesn't regret wasting their time in college. The drop-outs are now the smart ones oddly enough.

I said "GROW" an understanding ! Sorry about your daddy without the necessary influence or position. But you don't "need" him to hack your way up.

Start by selling something you understand and MEET people. Keep your eyes and ears open. Ask questions why some one doesn't buy.
Find out about each prospects business and be willing to outwork competition.

Don't worry about your loan. You're probably in the,majority and will be given 150 years to repay it :-)

If possible keep an oar in the water even part time if you drop out. I'm not suggesting dropping out, just indicating what course to follow if that occurs. Good luck !
Actually I'm doing quite well as a cook. I'm pretty good at it, have nearly a decade of experience (at the tender age of 26 tyvm), and it is a job where being good is more valuable than sucking ass. It's hard work, and I don't get paid what I deserve but I'm a history major so this would have been my job anyways.

Oh and let's be clear I got kicked out of college before I was smart enough to realize the scam I'd bought into.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]