Your favourite papers - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Questions and research help requests. Student surveys may be posted here.
By Kon
Wanted to make a thread where we can all share papers from our various disciplines that define our academic interests. Would probably be for the best if people try to share stuff that is easily accessible to people without a degree or some work towards it in the field.

For me:

Gould and Lewontin: The Spandrels of San Marcos and The Panglossian Paradigm

An excellent arguement and interesting analogy, not saying I necessarily agree with all of it

Willow Smoke and Dogs Tails: Binford

sorry this is a jstor link, this guy basically destroyed orthodoxy in zooarchaeology
I like your idea, Kon, but certainly from my own point of view I think folk may encounter problems with access, since as you note:

sorry this is a jstor link

Most of the documents I access from my work PC or through my work account when at home will link to sites with which my institution has contractual access rights. thus, I could supply the URL, but anyone without the necessary access permissions would just butt up against a login screen and get no further.

I am making some enquiries with the site administration to see whether there is a suitable and free web-hosting site we could use. I may be wrong, but I think this issue has been discussed before and from Fox's point of view it would be too demanding on his server for PoFo itself to be the host.

Watch this space.

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]