Program suggestions - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Questions and research help requests. Student surveys may be posted here.
By Wolfman
The joke is on you Kon, I'm not thinking about changing major. Instead I'm thinking about changing my school. :p I've spent the last year in a bit of a protracted fist fight with the local college so I'm kind of eager to go somewhere else. That plus a lady friend of mine got me to look at the other public schools and noticed that another college fixes a lot of the issues I have with my college academically, but has some of its own. That plus my general stupidity is driving me here to look for some advice.

I'm not really looking for specific course suggestions at this point (it occurred to me that asking someone in the math/econ program would be better), I'm really more looking for suggestions about which school I should go to. Regardless, I'm going to be at the local college (UNO) for atleast a little while, but if the other state school (UNL) is the better option, I'm going to probably start the transfer process sooner rather then later.

Local college (UNO): Math and Stat's courses
Econ courses

Other state school (UNL): Math courses
Stat's courses
Econ courses

Local college pros: I don't have to move
- I'm already accepted
- I have a pretty good idea of the bullshit I have to deal with with them
- It's quite a bit cheaper
- There's no Game Theory courses, but it has courses that deal with it (UNL doesn't seem to have even that)
- Has a Linear Alg course (UNL doesn't, apparently)

Local college cons: I think they're trying to piss me off
- Has no stats minor, and I think their stats courses are shit
- Aekos said their econ courses look Heterodox

Another big issue is that the math program at UNO is it's really rigid. I'd have only like 3 math electives after taking the requirements, and would have to take like 8 or 9 courses afterwards based on the suggestions of Nets and Aekos previously. I actually looked, the courses that I was suggested to take are also the ones also offered as grad level courses, and I could basically get half of a goddamn MS just taking those suggested courses. Otherwise, taking the suggested courses on top of the required courses would extend how long I'm at this god forsaken place by a year. UNL has a much more flexible program, requiring only like 3 courses after Calc and Diffe E. So, I guess the cost as a whole might end up being a wash.

As a final note, I looked at the Philosophy Department at UNL and noticed a few courses I'd like to take in Social Philosophy, Logic, and Philosophy of Science. So, I have additional interests offered at UNL as well, I guess.

I think that's about it.

Anyways, thanks in advance for bothering to read this overly long string of bullshit.

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]