Technocracy and marxism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Workers of the world, unite! Then argue about Trotsky and Stalin for all eternity...
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tribbles
This video explains the ideology, aims/ideals and historical analysis of technocracy. But isn't this very similar to Marxism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ps5vJrIxM&feature=related

I am skeptical to the idea of abandoning old-fashioned cash (As such, pure technocracy might be more left-leaning than my technocratic functionalism), but one has to be open to the idea that it could be feasible at some point in history.

What do people think? What are the similarities and differences between technocracy and Marxism?
Trotsky wrote:"Technocracy" can come true only under communism, when the dead hands of private property rights and private profits are lifted from your industrial system. The most daring proposals of the Hoover commission on standardization and rationalization will seem childish compared to the new possibilities let loose by American communism.

National industry will be organized along the line of the conveyor belt in your modern continuous-production automotive factories. Scientific planning can be lifted out of the individual factory and applied to your entire economic system. The results will be stupendous.

I tend to piss along those lines, as did most of the Bolsheviks.

Even Bogdanov was asked to come back to the party after being expelled from the Bolsheviks, taught at the University of Moscow during the early days of the Soviet Republic, and went so far as to co-found Proletkult - which the Bolsheviks initially adored.

However Lenin and Trotsky, I think rightly, were wary of attempts to create a Proletarian culture without having first allowing bourgeois culture to collapse into its own contradictions. When Stalin got increasing control, he didn't like abstract art in general. Bogdanov found himself in the unlucky position of being a non-Leninist Bolshevik that both Trotsky and Stalin did not particularly favour.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]