- Political Compass - Economic: -8.5, Social: -7.18
- My F-Scale test result is 1.90 (a “whining rotter” according to the website)
- My ideal society should be created through revolution, but gradual reforms and actions must be taken over the courses of several years to get people to support the revolutionaries.
- I feel like I’m left-wing, but I’ve never really been sure where I’d be on the spectrum.
Principles and Defining Traits
- Vanguardism: I think that society should be led by the most dedicated and politically active members of each social class (not just the working class - but middle and upper-class people who support the movement of equality and progress), not by democracy. Power should be given to those who work towards it and are fit to lead, not to apathetic and uneducated voters.
- Equality: Everyone should be equal in the eyes of other citizens and the State. Things like gender roles, expectations on sexual orientation, stereotyping of different races, etc should stop. People should be able to develop themselves to their fullest potential without having to conform to arbitrary cultural standards.
- Nationalism: While I do support the eventual abolition of borders, nations, etc, I recognize that abolishing these will take as long as it did to establish them. Therefore, I believe that all citizens of a nation should be fiercely nationalistic and proud of their nation, in order to motivate them to work towards improving it. However, I don’t think that this nationalism should be expressed in the form of denigrating other nations or of racism and xenophobia.
- Devotion to the State: Citizens should feel a sense of duty towards the State and should actively work towards always making it better through work. In addition, people should feel the need to be the best version of themselves possible, since I think that a society is only as great as the people it is made of.
- Maintaining Peace: The people should actively work towards keeping society stable, peaceful, and progressive. However, they should also know that violence is sometimes inevitable, and should be prepared to defend society and their way of life against any threats if necessary.
Society and Government
Crime and Justice
- Capital punishment should be completely abolished; no one is more useful and productive dead than alive. The harshest punishment should be life sentences in work camps, in order to ensure that no one’s work potential is wasted.
- Firearms and self-defense weapons should be legalized for everyone who is able to pass a biannual mental health test and morals test.
- A greater emphasis should be placed on community watch and community policing programs.
- Mass surveillance is ineffective and drains the morale of the people, therefore I am against it.
- A strong emphasis should be placed on re-educating and rehabilitating terrorists. The government should fund anti-radicalization programs in order to limit the amount of terrorist attacks.
- The nation should have a dominant culture that the majority follows, but minority cultures should be given equal respect and status. Multiculturalism, as long as it does not conflict with the values of the State, should be promoted.
- The values of hard work, self-discipline, self-improvement, working towards a greater goal, cooperation, respect, and learning should be promoted.
- The government should support cultural activities heavily, since the people will become disillusioned with the nation and preserving the wellbeing of the State if they feel that their culture doesn’t suit them or isn’t good.
Family and Gender
- Marriage should not be the government’s problem. People should be free to marry whoever they want (with restrictions on incest, zoophilia, and pedophilia). Polygamy, polygyny, group marriage, and same-sex marriage are all allowed.
- Abortion should be available on demand to any woman who asks for it.
- Sex ed programs and programs designed to make contraceptives more freely available to the people should be expanded.
- All gender identities should be respected. People spreading hate towards transgendered people or those with nontraditional gender identities should be charged with hate crimes.
- Healthcare should be available to all at no cost. Everyone should receive the same level of health insurance as well.
- Mental health issues should be treated with the same urgency and commitment as physical health issues.
- Government-funded gyms and physical recreation facilities should be expanded in order to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Euthanasia should be legal, after the requesting patient proves to a doctor that they are mentally aware and know the implications of assisted suicide.
- Prostitution should be legalized and regulated.
- All recreational drugs should be legalized, but addiction treatment programs should be expanded as well.
- Gambling should be criminalized, since it promotes capitalistic views and greed.
- Drugs that could give people an advantage in some situations (e.g. nootropics, Modafinil, some amphetamines) should be provided by the government to people in high-stress jobs, educational research, etc.
- Pornography should be legal.
- The State is strictly secular, although there is freedom of religion provided that one’s religious practices do not limit the wellbeing of another person.
- People who preach and promote hateful religious ideology should be arrested and put in reeducation camps.
- Immigrants should generally be allowed in after passing tests that prove that their beliefs do not conflict with those of the State. Immigrants should have access to job training programs and educational programs in order to more easily integrate them into society, and to maximize their value to the country.
- Refugees and asylum seekers should be allowed to seek shelter in this society.
- If caught living off of the nation’s social welfare benefits without working, immigrants (legal or illegal) should be sentenced to one year in a work camp, after which they can choose to stay and find a job, or to leave.
- The main goal of schooling should be shifted from preparing children for work and towards making them learners. I know this sounds strange in the context of this work-heavy society, but we want workers who excel in what they do and enjoy doing it instead of people who grudgingly work and half-a** their work.
- All education (from preschool to a Ph.D) should be free.
- The media should be controlled and monitored by the State and the police in order to ensure that no hate speech or propaganda is broadcast.
- Media outlets that mislead the public should have their assets appropriated by the government, and the perpetrators of the lies should be sentenced to hard labour.
- There should be a state-funded news outlet that receives preferential treatment and airtime, but other news outlets are allowed to be created and exist.
- Shows that satirize the government are allowed, but should be required to clearly state that their depiction of the government and of society is untrue and simply meant for humour.
- The military’s focus should be (in peacetime) helping struggling nations through peacekeeping efforts, maintaining national security, and helping local security forces when required.
- Compulsory military service and conscription are prohibited, since it would lead to many unmotivated and incompetent people serving in the military.
- Everyone is allowed to join whichever branch or career in the military they wish, irrespective of gender identity, race, nationality, etc.
- The State should promote joining the Reserve Force in order to keep a well-trained and disciplined population.
- The nation will be led by the leader of the revolutionary vanguard party, and will be surrounded by their advisors. The leader will be educated, represent all classes, and be bold and committed to the vision of a free and equal society. If the leader dies, then he will have already chosen a successor to lead after.
- Citizen participation in politics is not allowed. The only people allowed to form government are the members of the revolutionary vanguards.
- All citizens are guaranteed inalienable rights and freedoms from the nation’s constitution.
- Local districts will be governed by vanguardist worker’s collectives, who are monitored and directed by the federal government.
- A Revolutionary Manifesto will be the foundation of the actions and decisions of the government.
- The Legislative Branch will be composed of vanguardist revolutionaries, and will make decisions independent of the people, the executive branch, and the judicial branch. Theoretically the legislative branch has the power to hold referendums involving all citizens, but the results of the referendums are never made public and are not binding. Governmental decisions, events, and meetings should be completely open to the public for view.
- Western democratic organizations like NATO and the UN should be avoided. Instead, this society should form international organizations with like-minded nations.
- Interventionism in the affairs of a foreign country should only occur if the events in that country could have negative effects on our society.
- Private enterprise should not exist; all large economic forces and organizations should be controlled by the State and serve the State. The State should ensure that all citizens have their needs provided for, and in return all citizens should work towards preserving the State which has given them so much.
- Private property should not exist, although personal property is fine. Personal property refers to things an individual uses for themselves, while private property refers to land, means of production, etc that someone owns and charges others to use, so that the owner can make a profit.
- Distribution of property (housing) should be decided by the worker’s collectives in the local districts, but the provision of housing will be guaranteed by the federal government.
- Inheritance should be limited to things that have more sentimental value than real value (inheritance of things such as land, homes, etc should be settled in court). For all non-sentimental or intangibly valuable things, the government will seize them and use them for the greater good.
- Property tax is abolished, since all property is provided by the government.
- Since people will not have to worry about their basic needs (such as food, water, shelter, electricity, heating, etc), income taxes will be significantly increased.
Employment and Industry
- Membership in a labour union should be a requirement for having a job.
- “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need” should be the model for employment. - People should work in areas that they are skilled at and can therefore contribute the most.
- Industries and work organizations should be collectively owned, as opposed to a system of bosses and underlings.
- Copyright laws should be abolished.
- All work should serve the needs and goals of the State in some way.
- Unlike other Communist systems, the working class and the farmers will not have their societal status elevated to the detriment of the intellectuals. All types of work are equally important in building a great society.
- The government should not develop and exploit natural resources if doing so is detrimental to the environmental wellbeing of the nation.
- Renewable energy industries should be favoured and developed more than non-renewable energy industries.