Sun Myung Moon has passed on. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sun Myung Moon (92) is no more. He is an ex-Moonie.

Edit: Link dead.
Last edited by Soixante-Retard on 03 Sep 2012 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
aww, from what I've read briefly his heart seemed to be in the right place. unification seems like a worthy goal to aspire to.

rip mr moon
His heart may have been in the right place but so too was his bank account! It was a business. A bloody big business. But, hey, his followers seem happy and they're not exactly a threat to me. Live and let live.
Moon was a strange figure. Most Americans probably remember him for the mass wedding in Madison Square Garden and, in general, for the cult allegations.

RIP.
HE was anti-communist. This was good.

However, in all other measures he was a meglomaniac.

He conducted mass weddings and married people together who couldn't even speak the same languages. He believed that Christ, Buddha and Mohammed directed him towards this end, and that he was specifically chosen to fulfill the final will and testament of these people (and others). He was blunt about how he wanted to control the minds of his followers.

Everything here was absurd...

Apparently, he also got off a lot through the manipulation of the media...
RIP crazy boy.

Just to take a pot shot at Rei, I'll add that the Unification Church was supported from Japan by two wealthy Far-Righters, Ryoichi Sasakawa and Yoshio Kodama, the latter of whom was also a gangster.
I can imagine, Kodama got his way into everything. :lol:

But I assume his reason for doing that was entirely because Moon was rabidly anti-communist and so was he. I doubt that Kodama actually liked any of the dogma, particularly not the 'ethnic mix marriage' or the 'don't be a violent international terrorist' part of the dogma.
or the 'don't be a violent international terrorist' part of the dogma.

:D

And yeah, I suppose his reasons might have been more along those lines.

Also, that Sasakawa guy I've found to be an interesting figure actually, kind of a Fascist Renaissance Man. They don't make them like this anymore.

Then quote it. Like I did. I guess the CBC is ga[…]

This is a ridiculous accusation from someone who i[…]

Why are you grouping all non whites in with jews.[…]

I also suspect it is likely she contracted the fun[…]