Thomas Szasz - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Soixante-Retard
Dr. Thomas Szasz, a radical psychiatrist, an authoritative critic of the coercive aspects of psychiatry, an iconoclast and a prolific author who championed liberty, responsibility and consensual psychiatric practice died September 8th 2012, aged 92.

A selection of obituaries:

Reason.com:
Thomas Szasz, Relentless Freedom Fighter, Dead at 92
New York Times:
Dr. Thomas Szasz, Psychiatrist Who Led Movement Against His Field, Dies at 92

Cato Institute:
Thomas Szasz, R.I.P.

Syracuse.com:
Thomas Szasz, Manlius psychiatrist who disputed existence of mental illness, dies at 92
National Review Online:
Thomas Szasz, R.I.P.

FirstThings.com:
Thomas Szasz and the Psychiatrization of Political Disagreements

A profile on Szasz:
The Myth of Thomas Szasz by Jeffrey Oliver

A video lecture, from 1992, titled "The Right to Take Drugs" based on his book Our Right to Drugs.
[youtube]1LoSgdpHnUk[/youtube]
    "In this lecture given at Harvard Law school in 1992, Szasz borrows from his then newly-released book Our Right to Drugs: The Case for a Free Market, speaking on the medical monopolization of the drug industry backed by the power of the state."
By Wolfman
Actually, he was a crackpot whose talked about mind-body dualism and a bunch of shit that are disproven in an intro to psych class.
By Soixante-Retard
Wolfman wrote:Actually, he was a crackpot whose talked about mind-body dualism and a bunch of shit that are disproven in an intro to psych class.

Thank you, Wolfman, for your profound analysis and I do mean that with sincerity since I genuinely think you are capable of little else.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]