K. S. Sudarshan dies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rei Murasame
The Hindustan Times, 'Former RSS chief K Sudarshan dies in Raipur', 15 Sep 2012 wrote:Former head of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) K Sudarshan died of heart attack in Raipur in Chhattisgarh early on Saturday, an official said. He was 81.

He had stepped down from the leadership position in March 2009 due to ill health. His stance, like that of his predecessor and his successor, was that India's economic direction was the wrong direction, and that the Bharatiya Janata Party should be refreshed with new, younger leadership who would take India in the correct - which is to say not neoliberal - direction.

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh has a notable influence over the BJP, and also has many offices in the West under the branches of Sangh Parivar, particularly in the United Kingdom where they have been operating out of Leicester as their 'Western HQ' since the 1970s. They fund and operate pro-Hindu charities and fund Hindu nationalist paramilitary activities.

Their succession up until now has been:
  • Dr. Keshav Baliram Hedgewar (1925-1930 and 1931 to 1940)
  • Dr. Laxman Vaman Paranjpe (1930-1931) (when Dr Hedgewar was in jail during Forest Satyagraha)
  • Madhavrao Sadashivrao Golwalkar, called as Guruji (1940-1973)
  • Madhukar Dattatraya Deoras, called as Balasaheb (1973-1994)
  • Rajendra Singh, called as Rajjubhaiya (1994-2000)
  • K. S. Sudarshan (2000-2009)
  • Mohan Bhagawat (March 2009-present)

I hope that all nationalists in all countries who have been giving them moral and material aid will continue to do so, as they continue to oppose and fight against the policies of the IMF and the World Bank. We're all in this together, so find a Hindu and tell them you love them today.
This was expected after his graceful bow out, although it comes as a true surprise today because I was not monitoring his health status after that. This is a blow, but with the system already running smoothly in his stead as he steps into the next form for a renewal of the spirit, we can remain confident that the progress made will not be derailed. In my view, Sudarshan was a great speaker for the right by action of Hindudom, echoing Savarkar's thoughts and living up to K.B. Hedgewar's intentions with the creation of the organization intended to maintain the Hindu flame so that the brilliant light of Indo-European civilization may not go out on the continent of the sons of Shivaji. In many ways, they are carrying the torch for all of us and our hopes for Europe and Asia.

They must all be prepared for daunting tasks ahead and this is the fundamental importance in organizing the youth. The world can indeed burn so bright when that swaying lady of Aryan beauty called the subcontinent is unchained, but I fear the resistance to globalization may prove as difficult a test as Kurukshetra.

Act without hope of reward in this life or the next, nor fear of punishment in this life or the next. Vande Mataram.
By fuser
Oh, come on RSS is nothing like any fascist/third posistionist organization. They are outright reactionaries and conservatives at best with no real economical platform. They weren't protesting when their political arm (BJP) sold out Indian farmers to IMF and world bank, their current protest is just for protest sake rather than deriving from any coherent ideological pov. Their pet organization including RSS frequently look themselves as so called cultural guardians whose activities (quite frequently) includes (among other things) beating up girls for wearing jeans and going to nightclubs.

If you cherish Hinduism, RSS should be hated rather than loved for their role in completely destroying new wave progressive Hinduism as envisioned by "Swami Vivekananda" (I don't agree with that vision too btw).

I thought that specially you two hate conservatism instead of cherishing it, there are many forms of anti liberalism and not every one of them is praiseworthy.
Yes, I heard about some of these problems, but it's hard to know which direction they are trending in and how true the complaints were, so I didn't want to just come out and suggest it.

Sita Ram Goel also mentioned that RSS is in desperate need of reforms in a lot of areas, I'm just hoping that the younger generations will be the ones to sort it out now.
Well, it must be stressed that not all "progressive" Hindu strains have taken a positive shape, as some have simply either become Westernized or pushed for Westernization analogous to the false imitations of Buddhism which appear in the West. Also, I would not regard BJP as their "political arm" beyond the fact that the average RSS man is going to of course vote BJP over the Congress and there are some political ties. Ultimately the BJP is a bourgeois-liberal faction like any other, and I have heard from young Indian nationalists who firmly and emphatically reject that vision of an unhelpful fixed dichotomy in Indian politics.

The RSS, like many organizations on the nationalist right which contain parts that have become warped due to not years, but generations of liberal pressure, needs a level of internal house cleaning. Do you want to know my view in an elementary sense? They have the exactly right spiritual position which now must be translated into the even broader discussion and action on class and ethnic issues, and political structuring.

"Ever since that evil day, when Muslims first landed in Hindustan, right up to the present moment, the Hindu Nation has been gallantly fighting on to take on these despoilers. The Race Spirit has been awakening" - Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar

Some overly socially conservative elements have reacted to the advent of social and sexual permissiveness as a sign of the hand of the interloping and impudent foreigner, yet we believe this energy should be redirected toward a quite higher purpose than regression borne out of the spite of the contrarian. There is serious work to be done! Some expressions of this are not "conservative" or "liberal" in the strictest sense of the terminology, "progressive" or "regressive" - they are reactionary, and the threat of cultural homogenization in a world increasingly trending toward soul-crushing sanitization and cultural genocide prepared by the running dogs of capitalist hegemony is one worth reacting to.

It has long been my view that greater capacity for the translation of positive spiritual and ideological thought into action would come with a proposed consolidation in Maharashtra with Bal Thackeray's Shiv Sena, so that the blood of a billion children in their rightful Asian motherland may be born into Hindudom and the Indian century can be discussed openly.

This century can only be crafted by work and unrelenting struggle with the goals laid out for all to bear witness - honest, all-encompassing, and absolute in scope.

As Lakshmana spoke the words of boundless hope to Lord Rama, "Only the timid and the weak leave things to daivam (destiny), but the strong filled with self-confidence never bank on destiny or bhagya (luck)" - the Ramayana
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The far left does not want another October 7. No […]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]