Bal Thackeray passes on as millions mourn - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I did a famous double take when I uncovered this news today, surprised to find it and equally surprised that it had not been reported previously (through this medium).

Mumbai Bids Tearful Adieu to Bal Thackeray

MUMBAI – The mortal remains of Hinduvta mascot Bal Thackeray were consigned to flames as hundreds of thousands of mourners bid him a tearful farewell at the Shivaji Park, from where he had launched the Shiv Sena 46 years back.

An emotional Uddhav Thackeray, the youngest son of the 86-year-old Shiv Sena patriarch, lit the funeral pyre a little after 6 pm, to loud roars of “Balasaheb amar rahe” (long live Balasaheb).

Raj Thackeray, the estranged nephew of Bal Thackeray and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief, stood next to Uddhav with folded hands near the pyre as they accepted the condolences from political leaders, captains of industry, film personalities, relatives, friends and well wishers.

The firebrand Sena supremo, who was critically ill for the past few days, breathed his last Nov 17 following a cardiac arrest.

A contingent of Mumbai police gave a 21-gun salute and buglers sounded the last post in the state funeral, a rare honour for someone who had never held any official position.

In a spontaneous outpouring of grief, a sea of humanity, unprecedented in recent memory, descended on the streets leading from “Matoshree”, Thackeray’s Bandra home, along the 6 mile stretch to Shivaji Park, to catch the last glimpse of the uncrowned king of Mumbai.

The pyre was erected on a platform at the very place from where Thackeray delivered his first speech to his rabble-rousing supporters after the launch of Shiv Sena on June 19, 1966.

As several times in life, the Thackeray phenomenon was in evidence once again in death as he brought Mumbai to a halt with all marketplace, from the swanky malls to the tiny tea stalls and ‘paan-beedi’ kiosks, closed and all roads leading to “Matoshree”, Shiv Sena Bhavan in Dadar and Shivaji Park, where his last rites were performed.

Those present included long-time political rival and personal friend Sharad Pawar, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, senior party leader L K Advani, leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Opposition leader in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his Madhya Pradesh counterpart Shivraj Singh Chauhan, and Union ministers Praful Patel and Rajiv Shukla.

Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, with whom Thackeray shared a long-standing bond, actors Nana Patekar and Ritiesh Deshmukh, filmmakers Madhur Bhandarkar and Mahesh Manjarekar, industrialists Anil Ambani and Venugopal Dhoot and Zee’s Subhash Chandra reached Shivaji Park hours ahead of the funeral.

Ex-Sena leader Chhagan Bhujbal, who got Thackeray arrested after becoming NCP’s Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister in a little known case after a bitter fallout, and Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam, who also broke away from the saffron party, were among those present.

In a measure of respect and influence Thackeray commanded over generations of Maharashtrians, the government allowed his funeral to take place at Shivaji Park, never a venue for such events, and accorded him a state funeral, the first public funeral after Bal Gangadhar Tilak’s in 1920.

Governor K Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan placed wreathes on the Sena patriarch’s body.

A three-tier security comprising the Mumbai police, the Rapid Action Force and party volunteers were deployed to make sure that the funeral procession moved without any untoward incident.

Thackeray’s body atop a flower-bedecked truck was taken to Mahim Causeway, then to Sena Bhavan, the Shiv Sena headquarters in Dadar built by him in 1977, to Meena Tai statue in Dadar and finally to Shivaji Park.

Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh cancelled his daughter’s wedding reception Nov 18 night as he was busy with security detailing.

The doctor, who treated the Hinduvta champion for the past five years and was with him in the last hours, was a Muslim.

Dr Jalil Parkar, well known Pulmonologist from Lilavati hositapl, was next to the pyre of the Sena chief who reposed full faith in him.

http://www.indiajournal.com/archives/31514

An extremely unfortunate loss. Perhaps one that he foresaw and perhaps not. I know that I will be nodding my head in recognition, as are millions of Hindu patriots - men, women, and children of mother India who recognized the supreme importance of Thackeray's legacy not only in drawing attention to the past and future of Hindudom in the regional politics of Maharashtra, but in the pure symbolism of his heroic and passionately defiant Aryan struggle throughout the country.

Thackeray was a true Aryan after all, embodying in many ways both the warrior aesthetic and the essence of a noble spirit, taking shape in the form of his lifetime trials and tribulations, his decades-long campaign to free his countrymen with so much unbridled and chained potential from the shackles of a corrupt and worthless liberal democratic regime that mirrors the failures of the West, from the false image of a mutilated and artificial country in which the Muslim and atheistic minority is extended weight to push and dictate national policies, and in which the beautiful young boys and girls and fattened cows of Hindustan by the millions sit before liberation outside of New Delhi's periphery.

In the heroic Hindu tradition, may his spirit and ideas continue to inspire as many if not more in death than his mortal presence did in life.

"One individual may die for an idea; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives. That is how the wheel of evolution moves on and the ideas and dreams of one nation are bequeathed to the next’" - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose

Salute to the tiger of the subcontinent, or as some would say the new Netaji of South Asia

[youtube]xJN9yYp0GRw[/youtube]

In his honor may the hundreds of millions of Hindu men, women, and children feel within them the urge to study, organize, fight, and transcend; may they cast off the failed liberal experiment in Western governance, crush the Naxalite red disease and the Islamist scourge, and march in Thackeray's footsteps as they return Hindustan to the Hindus to be enjoyed for countless great ages.

I imagine indeed the true Indian anthem of the legitimate folk of this ancient and bejeweled land playing triumphantly as Thackeray smiles upon his own natural state of transition and preparation for his next station within the swirling cosmos.

[youtube]xj1Iy4nRMkc[/youtube]

All nationalists, all conservative revolutionaries, as well as the full spectrum European New Right, all men of faith and heritage who wish to restore their homelands from a state of vile degradation which today languishes to the highest heavens must mark this occasion, which need not only be a time for deep sorrow, but also one for joyous celebration which promises and enshrines the spirit of renewal for a life well fought now crowned by the love of the Hindu race who continue to move toward the establishment of Thackeray's vision by merely surviving. By working, dancing, and nurturing their young so that from a Hindu womb of the land of firm promise may a young calf grow to be a steadfast man who challenges destiny and recalls the hurtles and determination of Rama. May the world of the materialist subhumans and their living collaborators in the national government be set ablaze with an absolutely uncontrollable flame and a pure lotus in Thackeray's image arise from the raging debris to offer the world a united folk state borne from the cataclysm. It must be and it shall!

You now rest and wait, Bal. May your earthly representatives do anything but.

I have flown and continue to fly a number of flags from my home. The American, despite all the disgrace of today to represent the image of what a united European people could do in the New World as I hoped and fought for. The imperial German, to remind us of the legitimate heritage and our birthright. Formerly the Libyan to praise the resistance of a folk to malignant globalism. Today as I sit back with a smoke and enjoy my pudding and jasmine tea, I wish I could presently adorn this humble mountain retreat with the awe-inspiring orange of the Pan-Hindu flag that flies triumphantly in the greatest places as a testament to the determination and resilience of the blessed fighters who incarnate ārya.

[youtube]CK3mMiZsxJo[/youtube]

You can open the tweet yourself.

According to OCHA, imports of both food and medici[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]

@FiveofSwords still has not clarified what it […]