Sir Terry Pratchett is dead - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

No one can inherit the brilliance of Pterry... the man who gave us quotes like:

“I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.”
― Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
Even more tragically, he couldn't even go out on a bang, the last few Discworld books he wrote towards the end were severely sub-par. Raising Steam was bad, Unseen Academicians was worse and Snuff practically criminal. Still, in his heyday he was one of the greats.
The last one I read was Making Money and the Tiffany Aching books, so I still have some unread TP books to look forward to (I don't care if they're not that brilliant... there are some of his middle books that are pretty preachy, too, but then you had Monstrous Regiment after them. Not every book can be at the top).

“It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country," he read. "This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.”
― Terry Pratchett, Jingo
So was Going Postal. I read them back to back. Isn't Raising steam like the third volume of that trilogy? Is it really that bad? (I'm going to read it anyway, btw)

“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett
It's another Moist von Lipwig book yea but I haven't read it yet so I don't know how good it is.

@FiveofSwords Changing your argument is calle[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake[…]