Christopher Lee dies at 93 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Ambroise
The Indepedent wrote:
Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93.

Lee passed away in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, on Sunday after being treated for respiratory problems.

The actor made his name playing Dracula in the Hammer Horror films, as well as Scaramanga in classic Bond film The Man With The Golden Gun.

Lee was knighted in 2009 for services to acting, but also branched out into music in his later life.

The Telegraph report that Lady Lee delayed the public announcement until she had told the family.

His agency declined to comment when contacted by The Independent.

Source.

RIP. I was only familiar with some of his more popular roles as opposed to other roles which might have been more critically acclaimed, but I still liked them very much.
He went out with a bang for lotr. He was made for that role.

He was made for every role he played. He was a great actor, a legend. And a thoroughly decent chap, too.

RIP Christopher Lee.
A prolific actor for an astounding amount of years!

RIP Mr. Lee
Very sad, one of my favourite actors. I will remember best as Saruman which he pulled off perfectly
I liked Alec Guinness in The Lady Killers(1955), and Bridge on the River Kwai, a lot more.

I'll remember Lee best as the great Bond villain, Scaramanga(The Man with the Golden Gun). His portrayal of Saruman was superb.
The Hobbit was a mediocre effort(one book stretched into 3 movies), IMO. The Lord of the Rings trilogy(3 books made into 3 movies) was far superior. I dread the coming of The Hobbit: The extended cut.

Saruman was a great actor, no matter what he was doing.
Like Alec Guinness, doomed to be remembered for a few minutes of screen time in a Star Wars film.

The key difference though is that Mr Lee was a massive lord of the rings fan who read it once a year. He was very zealous in his role and played it to perfection as you mentioned.

Alex guess wasn’t actually a fan of star wars or the role. He was a bit embarased by it all.
Saruman was a great actor, no matter what he was doing.

Indeed. I think his best role was playing Christopher Lee for so many years.
I thought it was awesome when Saruman turned up at the Academy Awards ceremony to collect his Oscar for his role as Christopher Lee, and he zapped half the front row of the audience with his Staff of Power "as a blood sacrifice to the Dark Lord", in his words. Best Oscar ceremony EVAH!!

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]