Lemmy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By quetzalcoatl
Lemmy died with boots on and never gave an inch.
By Godstud
RIP Lemmy!
[youtube]1iwC2QljLn4[/youtube]
By Godstud
I heard he died because his heart stopped.
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote:I heard he died because his heart stopped.

No tears here, he had a long and interesting life in which he was crazy rich for the larger part of it.

On a side note it is amazing how capitalist pig dogs get so much love from lefties if they avoid barbers and can carry a tune. Lemmy was in the hated 1%. Eat the rich? Chomp down on some Lemmy burgers then.
Last edited by SolarCross on 30 Dec 2015 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
By MissTNT
Bullshit, Taxisen. He was not 1%. Maybe 80%, if that. And, he didn't steal anyone's pension or home, like Mitt Romney, to get his, so fuck you.
By Rich
Lemmy was worth maybe £10 million. He was certainly in the top 1%, possibly the top 0.1%. He was a rich capitalist boss. I suspect you'll find that some of the people he employed were on zero hours contracts, or zero hours non contracts. This just shows how utterly hypocritical the left are.

I go to festivals, they are thoroughly class based. The star performers being the new aristocracy. The bigger festivals operate a class based Apartheid. What class you are determines what areas you're allowed into. There's so much bull shit in the alternative /rock and roll world. I always tell people there are three things you need to know about Glastonbury Greenpeace Festival. Its not Green. Its not peaceful and its not in Glastonbury.
By skinster
MissTNT wrote:Bullshit, Taxisen. He was not 1%. Maybe 80%, if that. And, he didn't steal anyone's pension or home, like Mitt Romney, to get his, so fuck you.

I recall the most money he ever made was writing that not-so-great song that Ozzy did, which earned him more than he had ever got from his entire Motorhead career.

White Line Fever, the book about Lemmy, by Lemmy, is great.

I'm using his death as an excuse for all kinds of things, in the upcoming weeks/months.
By The Immortal Goon
I've been depressed for a bit. The world is a less cool place.
By Nets
Before Motorhead, Lemmy was in a lesser known band, Hawkwind. Two of my favorite tracks from them, with Lemmy on bass. The second track is a nice elegy, even if not in Lemmy's style.

[youtube]7BZxVecwtPo[/youtube]

[youtube]KjBNSWrONU8[/youtube]
By SolarCross
MissTNT wrote:Bullshit, Taxisen. He was not 1%. Maybe 80%, if that. And, he didn't steal anyone's pension or home, like Mitt Romney, to get his, so fuck you.

As Rich said. He was in 1%, he is in the 1% even if you are narrow the pool to just his home country England a land rammed full of the global 1%, a net worth of 10 million quid will do that. Let me emphasis that.. net worth of 10 million quid. Net worth means after you subtract all the debts & liabilities, from business loans to mortages to outstanding tax bills and subtract all the spending which for a fella like Lemmy who spent the greater part of his life trashing 5 star hotel rooms, having wild coke parties with gaggles of star-struck floozies ripe for sexual exploitation and flying business class several dozen times a year every year is some genuinely gargantuan spending he still had 10 million left over... Sure you will whine "but John Lennon died with some 500 million quid banked, Elton John is worth some 300 million quid, David Bowie has him some 170 million pounds sterling, Mick Jagger has 200 million and even old Ozzy Osbourne has 70 million, so really Lemmy with his measly 10 mil is a poor schmuck just like me". But alas no, Lemmy may be the poor boy of the super A++ showbiz rich list but he was still wildly rich and easily in the 1%, actually taking a global perspective he was easily in the top 0.01%.

Nevermind just go buy some licenced Motorhead merchandise and rejoice in Lemmy's working class cred.

Last edited by SolarCross on 30 Dec 2015 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
By ThirdTerm
[youtube]E1spie094QI[/youtube]

Lars Ulrich is the president of the Motörhead Fan Club and he was on BBC earlier today, paying tribute to Lemmy Kilmister. Lars Ulrich talked about how meeting Lemmy as a teenager inspired him to found Metallica. I only know Motörhead from Metallica's cover songs.

[youtube]k0sVgZpIVTQ[/youtube]

Few bands have cited Motörhead and Lemmy Kilmister as an inspiration quite as loudly as Metallica. Whether that meant dressing like Kilmister to perform as "The Lemmys" at his 50th birthday bash, recording a medley of Motörhead songs or simply welcoming the gravel-voiced bassist onstage to play any number of his songs, they always waved Lemmy's flag high. Lars Ulrich — long fabled to be the president of the U.S. chapter of the Motörhead Fan Club ("Let's call that an unofficial title," he says, laughing) — was first struck by the power of the group's music when he heard them as a teenager. Here, he looks back on the influence Lemmy Kilmister had not just on Metallica but also on him personally.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20151229
By The Immortal Goon
His apartment looked pretty shitty. And my quick look at the internet for figures of wealth comes up with all kinds of stupid conclusions.

Here he's listed at $30 million, though he only (supposedly) broke $100,000 a year twice and made as little as $3,000 a year some years.

He further doesn't own his early (and most popular) work:

[youtube]EGPGQCNGicM[/youtube]

Not that it matters in the slightest. I don't know why capitalists think that it will be stunning to everyone that people in capitalist societies live in capitalist societies.

Most importantly, this is a thread about Lemmy, and someone that died. Go peddle your trolling elsewhere. We are all aware rock stars are rock stars.
By skinster
Yeah, he lived in a one-bedroom apt in LA if I remember correctly from that last documentary about him. His life didn't seem extravagant or anything, as far as stupid status symbols go. Perhaps he spent all he earned on whiskey, coke and sluts. If so, what a legend.

Also, boring trolls are boring.
By Pants-of-dog
The Periodic table was recently updated to include four new elements.

They may name one of these elements after Lemmy.

Not even @wat0n denies that the IDF and Israeli[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]