Prince Dead at 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By maz
Prince Dies at 57: Iconic Musical Genius Found Dead in Paisley Park

Prince, a dizzylingly prolific multi-instrumentalist and virtuosic performer, was found dead at his home and recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday, his publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, told The Hollywood Reporter. He was 57.

Deputies are on scene at Paisley Park in Chanhassen conducting a death investigation currently, authorities said. No further details were immediately available and the cause of death is not being released at this time.

The performer was born Prince Rogers Nelson June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, Minn.

Huge fan of his music and one of my regrets is not being able to catch his shows because when they came around I always happened to be broke
By Frollein
Damn, this is a bad year for artists...
By Potemkin
I didn't much care for his stage persona or for his self-absorbed antics, but he was a brilliant composer and musician, a living legend.

[youtube]fhyAGyD4AF0[/youtube]

Masterpiece!
By maz
Potemkin wrote:I didn't much care for his stage persona or for his self-absorbed antics, but he was a brilliant composer and musician, a living legend.
Masterpiece!

O'Connor's version is great but I like Prince's version, the duo he did with Rosie Gaines better. It's more of a bluesy gospel thing. It's a live cut and it's absolute soul-wrenching. But yeah some of his best stuff was for other artists.

Speaking of antics, this might be mean-spirited to post this but it's pretty hilarious. James Brown and Michael Jackson are on stage and they invite a Prince whose appears to be worse for wear

[youtube]Yy9L4ft7EGk[/youtube]
By ThirdTerm
[youtube]7NN3gsSf-Ys[/youtube]

I do remember listening to this song on the radio as a young kid. I didn't know that Prince could play the guitar so well until watching this music video. He was hospitalised during a recent US tour and he may have been unwell for some time. I would rather be dead at 57 like him than continuing to live on as a pensioner.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 22 Apr 2016 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
By Godstud
RIP Prince.

On another sad note...
By redcarpet
Someone decided to be a dick about it;

Prince died — and Sheriff Joe Arpaio had to be an asshole about it

For a brief moment in time, it was goddam refreshing to see folks reacting like human beings with a heart and a soul and everyone acting decently for once.

And then there was Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio who just had to go be a dick with this passive aggressive bullshit:

I don’t need to tell you that Sheriff Joe — who calls himself “America’s Toughest Sheriff” — is a monstrous racist and sadist who, if there was any justice in the world, would be living in one of his own tents in 150 degree heat when he’s not working on one of his chain gangs in the Arizona sun.

What makes his extreme dickishness so goddam awful is that it is highly unlikely he gives a damn about Prince — with Sheriff Joe’s Twitter account primarily used to promote himself and his goon squad.

So why did he do it? Simple, like I said: he’s an asshole. He’s always been an asshole and he’ll always be an asshole. Combine that with his bigotry and you can see why he’s a racist rock star in his own right for conservatives all across the country.
By colliric
Zagadka wrote:I don't think that is being an asshole. Maybe an overstatement, but it isn't really bad.

It's more like to the fans of Prince, he could be seen as an asshole, to everyone else he could be seen as an asshat(one step down from asshole).

Yo Sheriff dude, not a good idea to speak ill of the dead.
By Godstud
Prince didn't die of a drug overdose, according to the news I read. He'd been sick for several days.
Youtube is being flooded with his material, all evading the censors, but I couldn't find this track.

Hardrocklover

It's one of his last tracks released. Prince has produced a staggering amount of offal in his days, but he managed to carve out a prime cut here-and-there.
By Godstud
Prince had a bizarre style that appealed to some, and not others. most people polarize when it comes to liking or disliking Prince. All musicians produce some offal, but it's the good ones who can tell that which is not.
By Godstud
I agree, skinster. There is the proof we need.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]