George Michael passed away today - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BBC wrote:Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.

michael_pa.jpg
michael_pa.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 10997 times

Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
Michael, who was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

He first found fame with his schoolfriend Andrew Ridgeley in duo Wham! before going on to release solo albums, including the multi-million selling Faith and Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1.
Earlier this month it was announced that producer and songwriter Naughty Boy was working with Michael on a new album.

In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.
"The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage."

In 2011, Michael postponed a series of concerts after being taken to hospital for treatment for pneumonia.
After treatment in a Vienna hospital, he made a tearful appearance outside his London home and said it had been "touch and go" whether he lived.

Doctors were said to have performed a tracheotomy to keep his airways open and he was unconscious for some of his spell in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862]BBC

RIP.
2016 has been a shitty year for cool people dying, and it's claimed one more. RIP George Michael
garrulousunlawful wrote:Rip Mr Kyriakos Panayiotou.
a big shame, we've lost a huge talent

Let's get things into perspective here - he was a dime-a-dozen singer not a brain surgeon who saved lives.
OllytheBrit wrote:Let's get things into perspective here - he was a dime-a-dozen singer not a brain surgeon who saved lives.

im not interested in your perspective, I have my own,
I wasnt exactly a fan of him, some of his songs though are icons
nothing wrong with wishing him a well earned rest,
what ever he was, he wrote his own material which was a damn side more meaningful than Beach boys or sunny or sher,
add to that a commanding voice that put many a singers to shame in the tribute to Queen concert I was surprised to see live.
At least he can't write any new songs anymore now. Let's all be greatful for that.
garrulousunlawful wrote:ROFLMO

you made your point , now go back to your Peter Maffay, Udo Lindenberg and Helena Fischer pleeeeeeeeez :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, you know me so well. :roll:

shame the forum has no smilies puking :roll:

Who cares for your opinion anyway.
garrulousunlawful wrote:im not interested in your perspective, I have my own,
I wasnt exactly a fan of him, some of his songs though are icons
nothing wrong with wishing him a well earned rest,
what ever he was, he wrote his own material which was a damn side more meaningful than Beach boys or sunny or sher,
add to that a commanding voice that put many a singers to shame in the tribute to Queen concert I was surprised to see live.

Fair enough! It's all subjective anyhow, whichever way you look at it.
you made your point , now go back to your Peter Maffay, Udo Lindenberg and Helena Fischer pleeeeeeeeez :lol: :lol: :lol:
shame the forum has no smilies puking :roll:

I've got Frollein tagged as more of a Richard Clayderman fan, amirite Frollein? :excited:
Love him or hate him, his comic sketch with James Cordon for Comic Relief was fuckin' genius. I never was a fan of his music but at least the guy had a sense of humour and could take the piss out of himself. For that alone he has my respect. RIP George.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]