George Michael passed away today - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Notices of a deaths of public figures or other significant or interesting people.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Potemkin wrote:I've got Frollein tagged as more of a Richard Clayderman fan, amirite Frollein? :excited:

No, no, it's Helene Fischer, you know I plastered her all over the Juke box thread. :roll:
noir wrote:Sad to be Gay

OllytheBrit wrote:Celeb's chosen lifestyle eventually catches up with him. What's new?

Nothing really. He lived a bit longer than the expected lifespan of male homosexuals. I suppose the money from the fame helped with the medical stuff. However, the political left never puts science before politics. Gay life expectancy revisited

They obviously take all the "gay rights" stuff seriously, while failing to recognize why homosexuality was outlawed historically. Not too much to be done about this though. He didn't engage in homosexuality until well after "safe sex" was the response to the AIDS epidemic.

garrulousunlawful wrote:what ever he was, he wrote his own material which was a damn side more meaningful than Beach boys or sunny or sher

Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) is considered a musical genius. You might have found the substance of the songs trite, but he more or less led the Beatles to Revolver and eventually Sgt. Pepper. I'm sure SpecialOlympian would agree, as he appears to have an affinity for hallucinogens. George Martin also died this year, but that was fanfare only to those who really understand music.
No, no, it's Helene Fischer, you know I plastered her all over the Juke box thread. :roll:

So nothing involving piano-and-orchestra rearrangements of popular classics then? Are you sure, Frollein? Not even Klaus Wunderlich and his hammond organ? :eh:
When he was hospitalized in Vienna few years ago, it was reported that he refused to check for HIV/AIDS. Who knows maybe his condition was deteriorated because he wasn't taking care for his illness. A death wish.
Pants-of-dog wrote:He was a truly generous man who will be missed.

Yeah, I read some stuff of him giving a lot of his money away to people and organizations in need. What a wonderful human.

I was never into the music but he cracked me up with some of the shenanigans he was arrested for.
skinster wrote:Yeah, I read some stuff of him giving a lot of his money away to people and organizations in need. What a wonderful human.

I was never into the music but he cracked me up with some of the shenanigans he was arrested for.

The amazing thing about him is that he did it in secret and did not use it to advance his image, sales or anything. He was a wonderful bloke. In my list of honorary gay men, he is one of those who are more men than heterosexual pretenders. I am not into pop music as you already know but a few of his songs are real classics.
Potemkin wrote:So nothing involving piano-and-orchestra rearrangements of popular classics then? Are you sure, Frollein? Not even Klaus Wunderlich and his hammond organ? :eh:

:eh:

I like Max Raabe, if that consoles you...
The Sabbaticus wrote:This is what he looked like in August.

Can't say that I enjoyed his music, but he did have one song with Mary J. Blige that was passable.

The BBC played a montage of some of his stuff on the current affairs PM programme last night; a few seconds in I had to scrabble for the radio off button before my brain short-circuited. What a fucking racket!
OllytheBrit wrote:The BBC played a montage of some of his stuff on the current affairs PM programme last night; a few seconds in I had to scrabble for the radio off button before my brain short-circuited. What a fucking racket!

This one is good

Frollein wrote:At least he can't write any new songs anymore now. Let's all be greatful for that.

Yeah.... My feelings exactly.

Feel sorry for him and all.... But ain't gonna shed no tears for him like I did Michael Jackson and Prince.

George's music was shit in my ears. Not one memorable song.... And I like Phil Collins!
The BBC played a montage of some of his stuff on the current affairs PM programme last night; a few seconds in I had to scrabble for the radio off button before my brain short-circuited. What a fucking racket!

George Michael seems to have been a decent bloke, and he was an excellent singer. But his music, especially when he was with Wham!, was just awful. Even at the time, I hated it. It epitomised everything that was wrong with British pop music in the 1980s (along with Duran Duran's utterly crap music of course) - bouffant hair styles, self-regarding narcissism and yuppie materialism and hedonism. Still, he seems to have matured somewhat as he got older, and I'm sad to see him go. RIP.
skinster wrote:Yeah, I read some stuff of him giving a lot of his money away to people and organizations in need. What a wonderful human.

Tax advantage? That's the usual motivation for altruism and do-gooding.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]